Swedes have less appetite for Thailand

webfact

Swedes have less appetite for Thailand

by Gregers Møller 

s4.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

Swedes planning for an autumn vacation have less appetite for going to Thailand compared to last year.

This year, only 9.201 Swedes would go to Thailand – if they could, shows a survey by flygresor.se. That is a dramatic drop from last year where 49.183 Swedes wanted to take the autumn leave in Thailand.

The interest in flying is lower than the same period last year. The searches in the top 20 list have decreased by an average of 87% compared to the previous year.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/swedes-have-less-appetite-for-thailand/

scandasia.gif

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2020-09-04

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

The top 20 countries are expected to have 85,000 tourists compared to 650,000 in the previous year. That just shows how covid19 has effected the travel industry. Thailand is still predicting that it will get about 50% of last year's tourists in 2022. Dream on.

That's a lot of people not financially impacted somehow by COVID19.  Everywhere there are recessions.  People are tightening their belts probably for a few years to make up for lost income and investments. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Where is that?  Although down today my tech heavy account is up over 20% this year.  The Dow is near its highs. Real estate near highs record low interest rates.

False info. if one has US investments.

The US is not high on the wanted tourist list considering how they are handling covid.

Australia, which generally has a high tourist rate to thailand has seen the share market fall and property fall. When they finally allow their citizens to leave the country i doubt many could afford it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sujo said:

The US is not high on the wanted tourist list considering how they are handling covid.

Australia, which generally has a high tourist rate to thailand has seen the share market fall and property fall. When they finally allow their citizens to leave the country i doubt many could afford it.

I agree with you.

US probably way down the list for most countries.

14 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The ones that want to go are likely dark tourists, iterested in the post-apocalyptic sights of shuttered shops and deserted bars. It's fairly depressing.

Lots of Skandi's used to go to Khao Lak I bet that is like a ghost town another place on Phuket for them was Kata and Karon I can confirm they are deserted