Regular haunts that survived

aussiexpat

The Meeting Point on 2nd Road is open again, two in Soi Post Office have re-opened and work on the Corona bar is continuing. 

How or why this is happening possibly somebody else can explain. 

On 3/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, rott said:

The Meeting Point on 2nd Road is open again, two in Soi Post Office have re-opened and work on the Corona bar is continuing. 

How or why this is happening possibly somebody else can explain. 

They are preparing for tourists in 2022.  

41 minutes ago, Leaver said:

They are preparing for tourists in 2022.  

They didn't get that many in 2019 so I wish them luck. 

Plus one correction it is the Sing Sing bar that is being worked on, the Corona bar is still open. 

Edited by rott

1 hour ago, rott said:

They didn't get that many in 2019 so I wish them luck. 

Plus one correction it is the Sing Sing bar that is being worked on, the Corona bar is still open. 

Soi Post Office 13/2 is a lost cause until the bars and massage shops reset their prices, they are out of whack with other more popular sois

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi Post Office 13/2 is a lost cause until the bars and massage shops reset their prices, they are out of whack with other more popular sois

Is that price gouging by all the bars and massage shops on that Soi, or price gouging by the Thai landlord/s on that Soi?  

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I tend to agree, they have not adapted and seem content to sit there aimlessly with never a customer. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I was approached by a massage lady there recently and after quoting her price I simply said sorry but I can get for 500 baht in soi Bukhaow...my Thai is not that good that I was able to understand clearly her reply..... :cheesy:

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

But the place is still alive if not exactly vibrant because it actually has residents. Unlike Sois 7 & 8 which are very sad places, well the last time I was there anyway. 

It is what it is and does not have to be another Soi Chaiyapun. 

And to Mr PM which place is 500 all in.? Asking for a friend who arrives later today. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rott said:

But the place is still alive if not exactly vibrant because it actually has residents. Unlike Sois 7 & 8 which are very sad places, well the last time I was there anyway. 

And to Mr PM which place is 500 all in.? Asking for a friend who arrives later today. 

Soi 500

10 hours ago, petermik said:

I was approached by a massage lady there recently and after quoting her price I simply said sorry but I can get for 500 baht in soi Bukhaow...my Thai is not that good that I was able to understand clearly her reply..... :cheesy:

7 hours ago, rott said:

Never said "all in" and your friend has to be registered in the "regular customer discount scheme" :biggrin:

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi 500

Near enough..just a couple of blocks away on 501/A....:clap2:

Edited by petermik

You clearly inferred all in, ie lady, room and extras. Otherwise why pay so much. If you meant 500 excluding the set fee for the room for one hour well just the standard fee for that part of town. 

But prices are variable, a short while ago a young lady was offering one hour 300 anything 300. But she is no longer about. 

Edited by rott
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Which? Beach Rd near Sois 7 - 8 closed. 

Seems odd that his one contribution (feel free to correct me if I am wrong ????) is about a Burger place. 

Not sure about the one at Royal Garden. 

So everything, as in "all in". Did not realise that was the pricing policy. Never been there but I do know one regular punter and he puts me off a bit. 

But it's difficult to resist a bargain. 

Being out of Thailand for 14 months, I would be very happy to pay 500 baht for a beer brought by a beautiful girl on soi 13/2, any extras are a bonus ????

Edited by aussiexpat

6 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Being out of Thailand for 14 months, I would be very happy to pay 500 baht for a beer brought by a beautiful girl on soi 13/2, any extras are a bonus ????

How about a 60 baht beer brought by a pretty lady on Soi LK Metro!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

No need to pay anything like that for the beer, the lady would be another matter but still no more than 14 months ago. 

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about a 60 baht beer brought by a pretty lady on Soi LK Metro!

I generally only hit soi LK after 3 when LK Metro bar has 55 baht beer, so need something to do before 3 pm ????

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I only know of one LB on the corner and easy to spot. I was in Dollhouse last night and I'm pretty sure one LB in there based on the voice

Pretty sure I have seen one further on and definitely on the corner where you turn towards soi buakhao....or so I heard. 

I would have though a visible attribute a more obvious indication in Dollhouse.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pretty sure I have seen one further on and definitely on the corner where you turn towards soi buakhao....or so I heard. 

I would have though a visible attribute a more obvious indication in Dollhouse.

Some post ops are hard to spot until they talk

On 3/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, rott said:

There's some bars on Soi 7 and 8 that are clearly waiting for times before reopening, but they are the minority.  Most have been stripped out.  I can't see those bars having a tenant for quite some time.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There's some bars on Soi 7 and 8 that are clearly waiting for times before reopening, but they are the minority.  Most have been stripped out.  I can't see those bars having a tenant for quite some time.  

Have another look down there, several have been refurbished in anticipation of reopening.......soon. 555

• Like 2

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Have another look down there, several have been refurbished in anticipation of reopening.......soon. 555

I know they have been refurbished.  The question is, who refurbished them?  If the tenant, which I think unlikely, then sure, they will reopen, if the landlord, then I don't see a tenant and a reopening any time soon.

• Haha 1