'Worrying calls for violence' prompt Facebook to remove rapidly growing pro-Trump group

webfact

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

How so? Do you mean the election process or the Trump administration?

Its obvious that the US standing as a positive example and leadership to the free world has been greatly damaged.  You can already see that in Pew Research polls but the fact that the American voters failed to definitively repudiate the 45 movement even though the man himself has lost signals to the world that this wasn't only a temporary unfortunate aberration. Its who we are now. Biden's election will not provide any magical cures for that. Americans know that and so does the world. 

Or maybe he meant something else but that's how I see it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Trump with his fake news about voter fraud is going to get fellow Americans killed.

Its time senior Republicans stepped in to put a stop to this. 

Are the Republican lawsuits fake as well as Trump's 'fake news? I don't think you have a clue to what's really happening and has happened in terms of electoral law in several Democratically-controlled states.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

I don't think you have a clue to what's really happening and has happened in terms of electoral law in several Democratically-controlled states

Please explain with credible sources linked

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Are the Republican lawsuits fake as well as Trump's 'fake news? I don't think you have a clue to what's really happening and has happened in terms of electoral law in several Democratically-controlled states.

It would seem the lawsuits are being thrown out quite quickly by judges, with a partial win in Pennsylvania. Maybe not fake, but frivolous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

The fact that Trump’s lawsuits are being kicked out by the courts doesn’t suggest they are ‘fake’, it is however a pretty good measure of them being ‘groundless’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

It would seem the lawsuits are being thrown out quite quickly by judges, with a partial win in Pennsylvania. Maybe not fake, but frivolous.

The ‘Partial win’ in Pennsylvania was, brave yourself:

’To allow Trump’s observers to stand 4 whole feet closer to the counting desks’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Surelynot said:

What is wrong with these people? 

What a sick world where lies are now so easily and readily accepted......I recall even as a kid, in the UK, if any minister was caught lying that would be the end of their career.....now they don't even bat an eyelid....in the US lying is the way forward.

I believe it started with the debt ceiling talks and conferences a way back.

Remember that?

It got postponed and put off, until everyone kinda realised there wasnt jack anyone could do about it. And then we heard not another word about it.

After that, the rules of commerce and common decency seem to have been thrown out the window.

-It became ok for bankers and stockbrokers to cheat and steal and get away with it.

-Interest rates went way down, allowing another swindle.. the big income shift..

-Then there was money printing around the clock.

(something that my year 7 teacher called me ridiculous for asking "why dont they just print more money")

- About the lying:

Im pretty sure Trump himself had a hand in making "fake news" a thing.

Ever since the News print media started getting phrased out, it paved the way for anyone and everyone to get away with lying.

It seems if it isnt written in ink, reporters (if you can call them that) are not held accountable for outright lies and mistruths.

Add on to that, Social media and Youtube have allowed conspiracy theories to actually be believed by the youth, since they dont know any better.

Sad world really.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

Add on to that, Social media and Youtube have allowed conspiracy theories to actually be believed by the youth, since they dont know any better.

Sad world really.

Older users share more misinformation. Your guess why might be wrong.

The news: Misinformation on social media is often fueled by older adults, who share fake news and dubious links more than other age groups—up to seven times more than their younger counterparts.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/05/26/1002243/misinformation-older-adults/

4 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Wow! Republicans bringing lawsuits. Nothing partisan and self-interested about that. Anybody can bring a lawsuit. And how are those lawsuits faring?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Wow! Republicans bringing lawsuits. Nothing partisan and self-interested about that. Anybody can bring a lawsuit. And how are Republican legal initiatives  faring? I don't remember which threat it was on but another Trump supporter thought it significant that Republican lawyers sent a CRIIMINAL REFERRAL to the Justice Dept. Same silly thing.

Edited by placeholder

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Trump with his fake news about voter fraud is going to get fellow Americans killed.

Its time senior Republicans stepped in to put a stop to this. 

"Silentium est consensu"

In silence is consent. The majority of Republicans have remained silent. Six didn't remonstrate, rather gave a careful statement that the count should go on to determine the winner.

https://www.newsweek.com/senior-republicans-speak-out-donald-trump-election-claims-1545508

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, meechai said:

Your quite right....What we hear reported & what we see actually here in the US is often the opposite of what the left wing biased media reports

Here in the US what we are reading are "claims" of how dangerous "conservative" groups are & yet what we actually seeing are leftist groups running amuck

in protests burning private property & inciting rioting calling it their peaceful protests

Anyone who looks at actual recent events that DID happen know this

But the so-called leftist groups are not in thrall to a president who manipulates their behavior to suit his dark heart and political goals.