Health officials chasing down Phuket connection over Krabi COVID patient

webfact

Health officials chasing down Phuket connection over Krabi COVID patient

By The Phuket News

1604855749_1-org.jpg

Disease Control Department Director-General Opas Karnkawinpong believes COVID-19 has not spread from an Indian patient to people around him due to the small amount of the virus found in his body. Photo: Disease Control Department / Facebook

BANGKOK: Public health officials are trying to locate two men who came into close contact in Phuket with an Indian man who has now tested positive for COVID-19.

The Indian man, 37, was reported as COVID-positive by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Saturday (Nov 7).

The CCSA reported that the Indian man was working at a restaurant in Krabi, and tested positive last Wednesday (Nov 4) while taking a health test for a work permit. He is not experiencing any symptoms of infection, but is under care at a public hospital while his case is being investigated, the CCSA said on Saturday without revealing further details.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/health-officials-chasing-down-phuket-connection-over-krabi-covid-patient-77916.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-09

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

As he has a work permit, he is probably paying social security. If he is paying it then medical care is free.

If you work for a company and they pay for the government health scheme for you (sometimes you pay 50% around 300-400baht) then yes you are covered. However many companies don't do this for you, just paying tax in Thailand does not necessarily mean your medical care is free.

• Like 1

290 people who had close contact with Indian who tested positive for Covid-19 to undergo testing

By THE NATION

800_4f1b361ee1a4331.jpg?v=1604887968

Some 290 people who had close contact with an Indian man, who tested positive for Covid-19 in the first domestic case in over a month, have been told to contact public health officials, the Ministry of Public Health said on Sunday.

The Indian national aged 37 years, who resides in Krabi, tested positive for Covid-19 on November 5.

The timeline and travel history of the patient is as follows:

February 1: The man departed from Singapore to Thailand.

October 19-27: Stayed at home with his wife at a house on Phi Phi Island in Krabi. He later drove in a personal car to Phuket and stayed at a hotel near Patong Beach.

October 28: Returned to Krabi and stayed at his brother’s house in Muang district.

October 30: Took flight FD3167 to Chiang Mai and stayed in a hotel in Muang district.

October 31: Drove from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai in a rented car and stayed at a hotel in Sukhothai.

November 1: Returned to Chiang Mai and visited some temples.

November 2: Returned to Phuket by flight FD1968, but showed symptoms of coughing.

November 3: Visited a shopping mall in Phuket, then returned to Krabi and stayed at his brother’s house.

November 4: Received Covid-19 testing at Krabi Hospital in order to apply for work permit, then returned to his house on Phi Phi Island.

November 5: Stayed at home and was informed about his positive test result.

November 6: Admitted to Krabi Hospital.

88hfe9jac8ighaajkciaa.jpg

7k7cd5gj6hf8cahh8afgh.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397590

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-09

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So he has been in the country for a long time already and prior to the closures if the borders.  Who knows how, when or where he picked up the virus as it seems he has traveled extensively.  Good luck on the track and trace...

If you read beyond the headlines, health experts have said all along that the virus is still here.  I'm guessing this one case came in from Burma.  Happened up north and happened to that DJ in Bangkok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

Anyone who thinks that Thailand is Covid free is totally wrong. We don’t test anyone unless they display symptoms or have proof they came in contact with a positive person. What does that mean? It means that  asymptomatic people have been walking around and spreading Covid to many people

With this conspiracy scenario in mind, where are they hiding the piles upon piles of people who died from COVID and how are they keeping the relatives and hospital workers silenced? I'm sure there is another conspiracy theory for that as well:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

Anyone who thinks that Thailand is Covid free is totally wrong. We don’t test anyone unless they display symptoms or have proof they came in contact with a positive person. What does that mean? It means that  asymptomatic people have been walking around and spreading Covid to many people. Anyone sick at this time from a locally transmitted case is being covered up by the government and even public Heath does not know about it. And if they do know, reports like this have already gone public so they are forced to report it. Sad but true. 

if no Covid is Thailand, how did the:

1. Thai DJ get it

2. The French lady 

3. This Indian guy 

4. The Malaysian guy

These 4 cases are just leaked cases but there are many more. The public is being put at risk to protect the economy and the tourism sector. 

I don’t see anyone using the check in app anymore. Clubs and bars and restaurants don’t practice any forms of social distancing, and we are met to believe everything is normal. 

I suspect that the Covid test i rarely used in Thailand. Not so long ago my Thai partner was feeling unwell.  With the symptons that she had, i told her that here in Queensland she would have been sent immediately for a Covid test, so she presented herself to the Sisaket hospital where she was given some paracetamol and sent home being told to rest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I suspect that the Covid test i rarely used in Thailand. Not so long ago my Thai partner was feeling unwell.  With the symptons that she had, i told her that here in Queensland she would have been sent immediately for a Covid test, so she presented herself to the Sisaket hospital where she was given some paracetamol and sent home being told to rest.

This is very standard here in Thailand.  Only those presenting with symptoms or going into an ASQ or government quarantine location are tested. Prisoners new to a facility might be tested as well as those requiring a test for work.  Other than that they are not testing.  

• Like 1