No truth to reports Thailand is about to ban alcohol sales

rooster59

No truth to reports Thailand is about to ban alcohol sales

download (1).jpg

Government officials have quashed rumours that an alcohol ban is about to be enforced in Thailand.

Rumours regarding the ban on the sale of alcohol began circulating online last week and by Christmas Eve had even been reported by some mainstream Thai news outlets.

The reports claimed that alcohol sales would be banned nationwide as a preventative measure against the new wave of coronavirus cases in Thailand. 

However, government officials have said there is no truth to reports of an impending ban on the sale of alcoholic beverages, Daily News reported

Despite the new wave of COVID-19 cases, officials consider the situation as being under control, therefore there is no need to introduce a nationwide alcohol ban.

Some restrictions to the sale of alcohol may apply but only in areas where the new wave COVID-19 infections is highest.

On Friday, the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration also confirmed there was no truth to rumours of an alcohol ban.

Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesperson for the CCSA, said the ban on alcohol sales was one of many rumours being spread online in what has been as “fake news”.

Currently bars, pubs and restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol as normal, as are supermarkets and convenience stores.

However, all establishments must have strict screening and social distancing measures in place.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-26

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My thread has now been closed (fair enough) but it was specifically about 7Elevens not selling from 27th - 4th.

Any updates on this? Do any members have a relationship with their local 7Eleven staff? Mine told me it's true.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Despite the new wave of COVID-19 cases, officials consider the situation as being under control, therefore there is no need to introduce a nationwide alcohol ban.

I don't see any connection anyway?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

as people cannot be trusted to look out for others while under the influence so they should shut it down till cases are stabilized. Keeping bars open in other countries during this pandemic was a deadly mistake that could of been avoided if it wasn't for the rampant addiction rates..

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess quashed (literally) after a petition from herd of fat bar buffalos claiming destitution !

No. From so called gentlemen who produce over priced alcoholic drinks and run the country in the background. The tax by the way that swells Thailand's coffers. What are you doing for Thailand? 

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

My thread has now been closed (fair enough) but it was specifically about 7Elevens not selling from 27th - 4th.

Any updates on this? Do any members have a relationship with their local 7Eleven staff? Mine told me it's true.

They usually put up a warning sign in advance and staff often tell foreigners. The 7/11 staff are brilliant front line workers. I often tip them