Tourism Restarting?

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

Well, I had a hell of a week trying to find an ASQ hotel for my arrival next month, and guess what?

ASQ hotels (and there are a lot of them) are mostly FULL!

My guess is that there will be tourists willing to be locked up (expensively) for a couple of weeks, just to enjoy a couple weeks (or longer) holiday in Thailand!

I don't think so...I'm coming back mid January,  it would be more or less people like me who are staying permanently or semi-permanently in Thailand.

Check Agoda for ASQ hotels,  some of the listings allow free cancellations until a few days of the booking date. The cheaper hotels aren't there, but there are a few mid range options.

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

Well, I had a hell of a week trying to find an ASQ hotel for my arrival next month, and guess what?

My guess is that there will be tourists willing to be locked up (expensively) for a couple of weeks, just to enjoy a couple weeks (or longer) holiday in Thailand!

I travelled back in September when it was even harder to find a room, it's not impossible just need to 'pony up'.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

looks like some of the most expensive ones are offering discounts,

only reason they are offering discounts now, would be becasue there not enough people flying in to use them

I see bottom end just around $1,000/stay.   not to bad for all you get  ( $66/night )

https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand

And that includes hospital costs as well.

Mine was 65K, broken down 45K for hotel / 20K hospital.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Why be so cynical? I know of tourists from Denmark  Belgium and UK just finishing their quarantine and, of course, volunteered to do so. After they will have the freedom of Thailand and they are a mix of singles and couples. Please just accept we are happy to be coming back and at this moment in time we accept the hurdles and accept getting away from out troubles homelands. I am half way through my quarantine and will soon be there....

You may be right, I hope so. My Thai friends need to work.

• Like 1

If everything goes to plan I will be out of Quarantine the first week of February. I was looking at hotels in Pattaya for that time and they "claim" to only have a handful of rooms left. So either they are trying tricks to get bookings or traffic is indeed picking up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

If everything goes to plan I will be out of Quarantine the first week of February. I was looking at hotels in Pattaya for that time and they "claim" to only have a handful of rooms left. So either they are trying tricks to get bookings or traffic is indeed picking up. 

yeah, me too, scheduled to depart quarantine in BKK on 6 Feb, but I'll be happy enough just to get back in and be doing my waiting on the balcony in a nice BKK hotel, rather than in the cold Rocky Mountains.

• Like 1

I assume an ASQ Hotel will only have a limited number of ASQ Rooms, maybe one floor based on the number of medical staff required. I couldn’t see an ASQ Hotel being allowed to have unlimited number of customers and they will also want to keep rooms for other guests.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Try Aloft Hotel Sukhumvit 11.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Suphawk said:

If everything goes to plan I will be out of Quarantine the first week of February. I was looking at hotels in Pattaya for that time and they "claim" to only have a handful of rooms left.

You're having a problem booking a hotel in Pattaya?

I am shocked to find the deeply discounted rates in Pattaya in February, rooms that normally selling for $40-50 are now $10-15!

Try Red Planet, Beston, or many other properties in Agoda and Booking.com

By the way, contact them direct for really amazing monthly rates, around $300!

You would pay more than that for a dingy flat in a third rate building, if you factor in electricity!

22 hours ago, hydraides said:

Thousands of russians spend their whole winter in Thailand, I'm sure they don't care to waste £1k on quarantine if they get a 270 day visa

Can you clarify this please? 'don't care to waste' is difficult to understand and what is a '270 day visa'? And why focus on Russians? Surely many people wish to spend winter in a warm place? Thanks for your clarification.

37 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I assume an ASQ Hotel will only have a limited number of ASQ Rooms, maybe one floor based on the number of medical staff required. I couldn’t see an ASQ Hotel being allowed to have unlimited number of customers and they will also want to keep rooms for other guests.

ASQ Hotels have covid guests only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

You're having a problem booking a hotel in Pattaya?

I am shocked to find the deeply discounted rates in Pattaya in February, rooms that normally selling for $40-50 are now $10-15!

Try Red Planet, Beston, or many other properties in Agoda and Booking.com

By the way, contact them direct for really amazing monthly rates, around $300!

You would pay more than that for a dingy flat in a third rate building, if you factor in electricity!

I think he means ASQ Hotels ?

51 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I for one, would never willingly stay in an asq hotel>>>
that has guests in quarantine staying there.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Those I have spoken with tell me flights cost about double what they would normally cost.

There was a possibility that I would have to go to Dubai on business in February, and although it's been agreed I can operate from Thailand instead I checked airfares. One-way to has a lowest fare of under 9000 baht, with business class under 20,000. Return is a little higher. So half what they would normally cost, except for business which is even less.

Emirates.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There was a possibility that I would have to go to Dubai on business in February, and although it's been agreed I can operate from Thailand instead I checked airfares. One-way to has a lowest fare of under 9000 baht, with business class under 20,000. Return is a little higher. So half what they would normally cost, except for business which is even less.

Emirates.jpg

Flights I looked at in January from uk to Bkk one way were £720 with eva non stop or via Dubai with 3 hr stop £620 ! I paid £540 one way out of Bkk to uk with eva in June .