What do you Love about Thailand?

WineOh

I'll give it a go, as its still basically the same since I first arrived in 2008 to scope it out

Affordable Housing

Healthy cheap food options

Affordable healthcare

All $$$$$ in the states

Simple easy living in LOS

Only issue to keep in mind is my visa and what im gonna eat for that day

Is always easier to come back to LOS than it is to return to the states....esp these last 4 yrs with you know who..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

I have more LB friends than thai girl "friends"...they are a hoot and great fun to party with

My rule is dont ever ask me for money, and I never want to see the boy parts..only the Lady parts 

The mindset of a horny boy and the body of a hottie gal...just add sangsom....protip hide your wallet! ????

Does it hurt?

• Like 1

I like the pleasant climate, the good food, the nightlife, the affordable and beautiful bar girls, and especially the low cost of living. I am retired and the amount of my pension puts me just above the poverty line in my country while it corresponds to the salary of an average executive in Thailand.

Edited by LookChang
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Morning all,

when I first moved here many moons ago I loved many things about this country.

Certainly the longer I have lived here the less things I love.

Now it can be shortlisted into a few segments. 

I love: the food, the weather, the females, the nature, the easy lifestyle. 

How about you lot?

What do you love about Thailand?

when i first moved here, i felt the same.

the food, I still love.

to be honest, I am struggling to find much else.

I love the look of the women, but not met many good ones personally (I know a lot of you will disagree)

i love the cheap utilities and fuel prices.

the weather is too humid for me now, the <deleted> gets a bit much at times, 

but having said that, it suits me, I accept everything here, but i am not sure if i will remain for ever

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Thet fact that I have 3 kinds of Phak Chee to cook with: Phak Chee (cilantro), Phak Chee Farang (Culantro) and Phak Chee Lao (Dill)..... 

Your life sounds complete, congratulations, wow, 3 pak chees! ????

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Thailand is a different experience for all of us. 

Natai Beach in Phangnga is tropical paradise, clean air, relaxed locals and beautiful clean beach. If I lived in polluted Chiang Mai or Bangkok it would probably get me down. 

I first holidayed in Thailand as an 8 year old in 1978. Pattaya, which was known as the Pearl of Asia back then. It wasn’t much more than Beach Road. Returned  as a 14 year old to Pattaya and Patong Phuket, which probably gave me my preference for Asian females. 
I remember Dad asking the massage girls if they could “Give son topless massage”. They happily agreed, but mum was the spoiler. 
We had been to quite a few other tropical countries, but for me Thailand always had the edge, the only real difference was the Thai people and fun attitude. 
Fun times.

In my twenties and thirties I returned countless times. Sometimes with girlfriends from Oz, sometimes with mates. Ko Samui mostly. Chawaeng Beach was a cool spot back then, the road was unmade, no Macdonalds or Central, stayed at Charlie’s Huts for 3-400 per night which attracted a young crowd and a large percentage of the backpacking type girls would walk around topless. Sitting around drinking with topless girls from around the world was enjoyable. 
Occasionally we would pull Thai females, never hookers which we looked down upon, but we concentrated on the easy drunk farang girls up for a holiday root. Full moon parties on Ko phangan, Khaosan road etc, traveling to other spots but Samui was always included.

Fun times.

In my late 30’s Melbourne was becoming increasingly boring, mates were mostly married to increasingly controlling wives, I was starting to scrape the barrel a bit with single mums etc  so I moved over full time.
I had planned Samui/Phangan but a noisy American conman convinced me of a great business in Pattaya. I didn’t go ahead after realizing it was BS but stayed in Pattaya for ten years. 

i love gogos, something about being served cold beers with 10 naked hotties bopping away in front of you, that is heaven like IMO. Get a bit bored in beer bars talking to clothed girls constantly going for the squirrel grip. Pattaya nightclubs are also full of hookers, but on weekends you can find a few with real jobs who are just up for a good time. 
 I would never consider any relationship with a prostitute for many reasons, and found even the girls who were not hookers who live in Pattaya a little bit “off”.

So I dated a heap of girls who worked in Amata City in Rayong and Amata in Chonburi. Literally thousands of girls who are staying away from the prying eyes of their families working in the factories who often are also a bit lonely to choose from. It is awesome. 
Fun times. 

The air pollution got to me in Pattaya/Chonburi. It will only get worse, so I searched for the cleanest part of Thailand and ended up in Natai Beach which has a beauty similar to Phuket in 1984 before it was built up. My parents come over for the winter 4 months every year, and usually 3-10 mates, some with families, some single usually come over.
Fun times.

Everybody loves Thailand. Except a small subgroup who constantly Thai bash. It is obvious these blokes came to Thailand, fell for a bar girl, thought they could “rescue” her and she would “change”. Then a lot of them moved to Issan. 
Spending your life and savings on a prostitute and her family (who raised a hooker), often in a boring Issan village, would be a depressing experience. Many even take on the hookers kids and get frustrated when the kids behave like kids raised by a hooker with a whoremonger foreigner stepfather. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I don’t know what they were expecting? 

Or they are serial mongers who associate with hookers all the time, then complain about the “qualities” of Thai people.

Natai Beach notes that the majority of the Thai bashers come from one country, but not all. Even a good news story they will manage to turn into a negative Thai bashing exercise. 
But that says more about themselves than the Thais or Thailand. 

They constantly claim the Thais are stupid, but they can’t even string a sentence of Thai language together or read, and are in a constant state of confusion and frustration and can not see the irony of that. And are like a buffalo, and need the hooker girlfriend/wife to do most tasks for them as they are not capable of doing it themselves. Then get frustrated when the wife/girlfriend doesn’t do it how they wanted.
Spit the baby, like a baby.

Thai bashers also seem to harbor a special hatred for Thai males. I can’t imagine living in a country where you hate half the population.
I have 4-5 very good Thai mates, their advice on nearly everything Thai has been spot on. I don’t recommend getting advice from an uneducated hooker who really is about getting all your life savings. 

Why do they stay? Who knows. Maybe deep down they know that Thailand is the best country to live in. If there was a better country to live in, I would pack my bags tomorrow and move.

There are other tropical countries with beautiful beaches etc.
What gives Thailand the edge is the Thai people. 
Fun people

Great post.

I have also drunk from the Amata fountain

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I love how a "what do you love about Thailand" thread will slowly be turned around to be a veiled Thai bashing thread by page 5.

I will never..ever..ever...bash your Avatar pic Mr P.....btw did she enjoy my doraemon lawn chair?

Saved my 7-11 stamps for 3 months....ate 100s of mama cups for her.....have her add my Line QR code pls..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

???? ???? Fair call, to put things straight I'm just old fashioned I guess.

I met my wife in the Old City Sukhothai Historical Park in 2000.

I remember meeting a real cutie at a Bkk hotel..she worked the front desk

I got the courage to ask her for her number...she gave it to me!    It was Zero.           ????

• Haha 1