What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, johng said:

If you haven't seen it yet  "Black Mirror"  series   might be interesting too.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/black-mirror

Black Mirror is exceptionally good. Outstanding work. Nearly every episode is good, though some are classic. Almost up there with True Detective season one, Deadwood, Fargo season one, Taboo, Atlanta, Game of thrones (through season 5 only), Mystery Road, Band of brothers, Chernobyl, the Sopranos, Rome, Formula 1 drive to survive, the Undoing, Mare of Easttown, Electric dreams, Dexter, the Queen's Gambit, Breaking Bad, and Hell on Wheels.

Justified, Afterlife, and the Crown, are very good. Hacks can be fun. And I am really enjoying the First, with Sean Penn. 

Forget Killing Eve, the Handmaid's tale, and Fleabag. All for women, or the emasculated crowd. Not good, not fun, just alot of over hyped nonsense. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Black Mirror is exceptionally good. Outstanding work. Nearly every episode is good, though some are classic. Almost up there with True Detective season one, Deadwood, Fargo season one, Taboo, Atlanta, Game of thrones (through season 5 only), Mystery Road, Band of brothers, Chernobyl, the Sopranos, Rome, Formula 1 drive to survive, the Undoing, Mare of Easttown, Electric dreams, Dexter, the Queen's Gambit, Breaking Bad, and Hell on Wheels.

Justified, Afterlife, and the Crown, are very good. Hacks can be fun. And I am really enjoying the First, with Sean Penn. 

Forget Killing Eve, the Handmaid's tale, and Fleabag. All for women, or the emasculated crowd. Not good, not fun, just alot of over hyped nonsense. 

Different strokes etc. Game of Thrones and The Crown were absolute 5hite in my opinion, whereas I found Fleabag most entertaining and Killing Eve & Handmaid's Tale watchable. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

The MV Group has been around many years---it mainly downloads UK TV programs BBC etc ..... its just telling you you have to register/Join before taking from them..... Its free.

Tried to register, says my email address already taken, impossible, never registered before.

I am amazed that people describe gains by women in any field as an emasculation of men.

Are you that weak that you let what others do, or think, affect you ?

If you feel like someone removed your cojones you have only yourself to blame.

Stand Up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just binge watched a mini series RIVER with Nicola Walker,maybe not everones cup of tea but i thought it was great.there is a twist in the begining so i will just say its a cop series ,but differant.

Literally finished watching that about 30 minutes ago.

Thought it was very good, certainly a different type of police drama and I can also recommend 

• Like 1

The Outsider ( 2020 ) 

1 Season 10 eps

7.7 IMDb 

Jason Bateman stars as Terry Maitland a popular figure in small town US. Coach Terry is arrested in front of his little league baseball team and half the town for the murder of a young local boy.

The evidence against him looks overwhelming but he claims to know nothing …….. could it be he is telling the truth ?

Based on a Stephen King novel.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Gave up on Jett after three episodes (what was that all about?) 

Will start River today as my evenings viewing, hope it's more interesting than Jett :saai:

Can't please everyone. Gets a 7.4 rating on IMDB, so obviously I wasn't alone in enjoying it.

• Like 1

The big Audience is Male 16-24...... Hence the amount of "Comic" type movies to hit the screen. A good crime movie like "No Sudden move" etc , is to subtle & hardly makes a dent in the numbers. 

Understanding audiences

Each year a small number of new release films, 6-10 titles, become ‘events’.  These films such as the new James Bond, the latest Disney family feature and other big action titles such as the Marvel films or ‘sagas’ such as Twilight and The Hunger Games, are the bedrock of commercial cinema. These are mass appeal films created at huge cost and supported by massive marketing effort. They provide a disproportionately large amount of a cinema’s annual income and they generally appeal strongly to the youth audience (16-24 year olds). ‘Event’ films are shown widely at multiplex cinemas.

In contrast a large number of high quality, independent and foreign language films are released annually but invariably they earn much less at the box office. These films appeal more to 30+ year olds.

In recent years the 45+ age group has become one of the largest growth markets in UK cinemas with films such as The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with more mature characters and strong story-lines aimed at a multi-generational market.

Young people, although still the multiplexes mainstay audience, are increasingly consuming film online through downloading or streaming services..

Deceit   -- Ch 4  true crime drama  4 episodes  starts Friday

Hard to find a bigger F*** up that the British police have ever made.

Set in 1990s  and the murder of Rachel Nickell . 

It's Depicted from a female viewpoint, -that of the undercover officer. who was placed in a Honey Pot operation,

That went catastrophically wrong.

Starring Niamh Algar and Eddie Marsan,

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

On 8/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just binge watched a mini series RIVER with Nicola Walker,maybe not everones cup of tea but i thought it was great.there is a twist in the begining so i will just say its a cop series ,but differant.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Literally finished watching that about 30 minutes ago.

Thought it was very good, certainly a different type of police drama and I can also recommend 

On 8/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, Daffy D said:

Gave up on Jett after three episodes (what was that all about?) 

Will start River today as my evenings viewing, hope it's more interesting than Jett :saai:

I'd appreciate some help in finding RIVER please. Can't find it on TGx and my qbittorrent search engine can only find poorly seeded versions which are stuck on "downloading metadata".

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I watched it on fmovies.

@Andrew DwyerSorry not familiar with fmovies. Do you need to be a member to access it? There seems to be loads of urls for fmovies, is there a particular one I should use? I'd prefer to download the series rather than stream it. Is this possible? Thanks

Edited by Mutt Daeng

45 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

@Andrew DwyerSorry not familiar with fmovies. Do you need to be a member to access it? There seems to be loads of urls for fmovies, is there a particular one I should use? I'd prefer to download the series rather than stream it. Is this possible? Thanks

You'll find River on hurawatch.ru

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You don’t have to join/register, I use :

fmovies.to

It doesn’t work on some browsers, I use it on iPhone and iPad okay though.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Outsider ( 2020 ) 

1 Season 10 eps

7.7 IMDb 

Jason Bateman stars as Terry Maitland a popular figure in small town US. Coach Terry is arrested in front of his little league baseball team and half the town for the murder of a young local boy.

The evidence against him looks overwhelming but he claims to know nothing …….. could it be he is telling the truth ?

Based on a Stephen King novel.

Briiliant show.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, bert bloggs said:

It is from 2015 on BBC. 

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks for that @delgarcon very useful link. However, It looks a little grainy - I was hoping to find at least 720p quality.

No longer on BBC iPlayer. Nor on P Bay.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1