Lockdown now or face dire consequences like Japan, warns top doc

webfact

1 minute ago, 86Tiger said:

I have come to believe the response has been influenced by political correctness / fairness.  It is not fair that an over weight 80 year old sufferring diabetes and high blood pressure is at greater risk than the healthy, athletic 25 year old.  In fairness neither can go to the park because it would make the 80 year old feel bad to see others outside enjoying fresh air and sunshine.

So rather than be accused of discrimination everyone will stay locked down.  That way all can suffer  misery and be destitute with lack of food, clothing and shelter together, a fair response to a virus that is so bad over whelming majority must be tested to even know they are sick.

You may well be correct....and I cannot imagine all those 'at risk' would not have been only too happy to have lockdown for their own benefit and the benefit of the country....but the option was never put them.

Just now, tingtong said:

Not anymore. Not. That was the very beginning.

A total of 388 people under 60-years-old with no pre-existing health conditions have died of coronavirus in hospitals in England, NHS data has shown. The figures show that 1,979 people who tested...

Mmmmm

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/28/388-brits-under-60-with-no-underlying-conditions-died-of-covid-in-hospitals-13815524/

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

A total of 388 people under 60-years-old with no pre-existing health conditions have died of coronavirus in hospitals in England, NHS data has shown. The figures show that 1,979 people who tested...

Mmmmm

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/28/388-brits-under-60-with-no-underlying-conditions-died-of-covid-in-hospitals-13815524/

Check your numbers for 99.9%

Facts...feelings...

Don't worry, I won't skip front of you for the vaccine, neither old nor have other conditions then being allergic to BS 99.9% of times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, tingtong said:

Check your numbers for 99.9%

Facts...feelings...

Don't worry, I won't skip front of you for the vaccine, neither old nor have other conditions then being allergic to BS 99.9% of times.

Just checked..... 388/75000 is 99.5%...... so 99.9% off the top of my head wasn't too far off...555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Those that thinking  to  just let it spread and never  mind the cull  forget there is a lot of evidence that many of the  younger "survivors present  with  ongoing and  some permanent damage. So is it a great idea  to  promote a damaged population at the expense  of society?

There is mounting evidence that lockdowns is causing death due to undiagnosed and untreated ailments as well a spikes in suicides are you choosing who to cull?Many young flu victims also suffer ongoing and some permanent damage.So I hope this lockdown idea doesn't catch on because we'll have to have one every flu season in fact we should go into permanent lockdown to prevent any and all deaths from occurring because to let a virus spread now is tantamount to murder and culling.I just hope people will be consistent with their motivations for lockdowns which are know to cause major health problems and death.Those who wish for lock downs should feel free to lockdown, just don't try and decide who dies and who lives.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Mmmmm Spanish (actually American) flu...... 100 million deaths....that worked well.

They did compulsory masks and lockdowns which didn't work well either.Actually they don't "know" where it originated only guess where.

31 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They did compulsory masks and lockdowns which didn't work well either.Actually they don't "know" where it originated only guess where.

So....are you suggesting there would/might have been significantly less than 100 million deaths if they hadn't worn masks and didn't lockdown?

despite there being little studied evidence on the effectiveness of lockdowns and mask use, the "but I think it should work" mindset of the government to be seen as doing something is what is being enacted here.

after 1 year, the number of deaths just hit 1 in a million.....

Edited by poskat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1