Thailand Could Attract 5 Million Foreign Arrivals in 2021

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, rumak said:

How i yearn for the good old days when bald, out of shape foreigners could be seen walking

hand in hand with young lovers of the native population.

ahhhh,  how opposites do attract.    Go Sexy Thailand  !!

IT's sexy allrightt.  Watching grandpa with someone who could be his granddaughter.  

Of course I could be drunk right now...

Thailand Could Attract 5 Million Foreign Arrivals in 2021... and a steaming pile of cow dung can attract million flies, ( not that i compare the latter to the former) all that needs to done is manage this catastrophe back it its former glory, Thailand and the Thai people are still the same and are there to make it happen all over again,

just manage it right and the good times will be here again soon...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rumak said:

How i yearn for the good old days when bald, out of shape foreigners could be seen walking

hand in hand with young lovers of the native population.

ahhhh,  how opposites do attract.    Go Sexy Thailand  !!

Fine head of hair from the front here but alas many different shapes the further south ????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thailand Could Attract 5 Million Foreign Arrivals in 2021... and a steaming pile of cow dung can attract million flies, ( not that i compare the latter to the former) all that needs to done is manage this catastrophe back it its former glory, Thailand and the Thai people are still the same and are there to make it happen all over again,

Do you mean , more Thai bull <deleted> .

Nothing new ...

37 minutes ago, ezzra said:

There is one major difference, "ezzra" old chap. Back in the good old days the tourist industry was rather left to manage itself. Much of the charm and attraction was the efforts made to welcome ( and profit from) the free ranging tourists, efforts both of the conventional and shall we say less savoury efforts made by ordinary people, who had built small enterprises which relief on serving tourists.

Now the government and the businesses it is beholden to are taking an interest - tourists are a commodity, a business, to be managed, directed, supervised and guided.

'tis doomed you! 'tis all wore out, 'twill never pull another train!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wasn't it just yesterday that they said 10 million starting in the 3rd quarter.  Can these economic and tourism professionals just shut their pie holes for one day, and think....Nope, gotta hear themselves talk and see it in print.....wait that's just like me on this forum....lol,  Guess I fit into the Government mold, maybe they should give me a job.

Don't do it - too much of a headache... although I hear the 'tea money' is worth it.

They'd give you the job, forget to do the neccessary work permit paperwork, then lock you up whilst placing the blame entirely on your shoulders.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And where will the punters come from?a world suffering from a post corona depression?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

Outstanding incompetence. Only last week the original 10 million claim was made. How many times are they going to throw out random numbers to the press? How many times are we going to call out this guy for BS comments?

When are the press going to start doing some journalism? Ask these fools where they are pulling these numbers from. Put it this way, last month there were just over 6000 arrivals. 10 million will be a big jump

There is a global pandemic going on which is eating away at everyones savings. Jobs and businesses have been lost. Houses have been lost. Family members have died. I'm pretty sure the last thing on most peoples minds is a holiday in Thailand. They're more focused on keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Drop the quarantine and many would come at least in the second half of this year after mass vaccinations have taken place. Keep the current entry requirements in place and only the desperate will arrive. It seems to me that the Thai authorities will prefer their ultra cautious approach that will ruin the economy.

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

Maybe in 2025 unless another pandemic raises it’s ugly head.  Who’s going to risk jumping through all the hoops to get in and then realize everything has been closed down again because of another 100 infection spike?  Mexico is my new go to vacation destination.