New report gives fascinating insight into salary levels in Thailand

webfact

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The English proficiency skills in Thailand have been getting steadily worse every Year, and it is one of the reasons that Thailand finds it very difficult to perform on a Global Basis, against more forward and critical thinking Nations such as Vietnam, who are now starting to overtake Thailand in all kinds of ways, not just in Export values..

A shame that Thailand does not place more value and urgency on attaining higher English language proficiency. I have recently been in communication with a Chinese factory (to place a second order) to source products for my UK business. The quality of English, comprehension and communication from Chinese staff was as good as ordering from an English speaking country.

• Like 1

http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=215&loctype=1

• Salary Range

• Salaries in Thailand range from 24,500 THB per month (minimum salary) to 433,000 THB per month (maximum average salary, actual maximum is higher).

• Median Salary

The median salary is 103,000 THB per month, which means that half (50%) of the population are earning less than 103,000 THB while the other half are earning more than 103,000 THB. The median represents the middle salary value. Generally speaking, you would want to be on the right side of the graph with the group earning more than the median salary.

• Percentiles

Closely related to the median are two values: the 25th and the 75th percentiles. Reading from the salary distribution diagram, 25% of the population are earning less than 57,300 THB while 75% of them are earning more than 57,300 THB. Also from the diagram, 75% of the population are earning less than 284,000 THB while 25% are earning more than 284,000 THB.

median-and-salary-distribution-monthly-thailand.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, canopy said:

I have a problem with systems where people at higher levels get paid more than the people beneath then. Sometimes the people in the trenches doing the real work are far more valuable to a company than the people watching them.

This has also always puzzled me too, and not only in a business context.  It is also true for public sector areas.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, petedk said:

Well, help is on the way.

I saw a new app advertised today, so in just 30 days Thais will be speeking excellent Eglish. Chek it out.4037.thumb.jpg.3a9d8fdb7f0bb7b3445233904392fc58.jpg

I will indeed " CHEK " out this App, but I hold out very little hope that it will improve anybodies English Skills.

23 minutes ago, PGSan said:

This has also always puzzled me too, and not only in a business context.  It is also true for public sector areas.

Unfortunately, if it weren't for the higher ups having to babysit those below them , not much would get done.

True the people on the ground floor do most of the heavy lifting, many are unable to self discipline. They often succumb to peer pressure, or do only as much or as little as the next person. There are exceptions, of course.

So those in the supervisory, or management position, are paid more as it is often a thankless, and at times threatening role to be in.

2 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Not sure Why you Use capital Letters when complaining About thais Language skills.

Vietnam overtaking Thailand. 55555555555

https://georank.org/economy/thailand/vietnam

Do you live in Thailand? How are your thai language skills after living here for years?
Thai doesn’t use capital letters.

Maybe brush up on your own grammar skills before commenting on other posters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canopy said:

I have a problem with systems where people at higher levels get paid more than the people beneath then. Sometimes the people in the trenches doing the real work are far more valuable to a company than the people watching them.

Yes, but the trench workers don't know the right people.

• Like 1

And to think that I used to make over twice as much as Thailand’s top full time earners (highest level per month), and the lowest Thai workers still look down on me as if I was some lowlife tuk tuk driver. Truly amazing how screwed up their thinking is and how they think so highly of themselves compared to the rest of the world when they actually don't have a clue what goes on in the Western world and how they stack up by comparison. 

Edited by fittobethaied

17 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The top level salaries are way higher than in the report. I know people who earn 800K and more a month.

Have you heard of the word 'average'?   That means some will be below and some above. There will also be 'outriders', that are so far off the curve that they will be rejected in a normal survey. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

And to think that I used to make over twice as much as Thailand’s top full time earners (highest level per month), and the lowest Thai workers still look down on me as if I was some lowlife tuk tuk driver. Truly amazing how screwed up their thinking is and how they think so highly of themselves compared to the rest of the world when they actually don't have a clue what goes on in the Western world and how they stack up by comparison. 

Must be you, don't have that problem.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

The picture doesn't give an average but a range.

oh dear. The range is a set of averages.  By definition, it can't be anything else but. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"JobsDB also highlighted 3 essential skills that workers in Thailand should possess, these included IT knowledge, language skills and data analysis. Other important skills needed included communication, critical thinking and creativity."..

Where do they find people with these skills. It would be interesting to know?

I have always wondered, how so many Thai´s can afford to drive expensive luxury cars, live in huge mansions and own prime location land. How much does a corrupt official or politician make per month?

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

And to think that I used to make over twice as much as Thailand’s top full time earners (highest level per month), and the lowest Thai workers still look down on me as if I was some lowlife tuk tuk driver

I would guess you should get a different tailor and stop hanging around with floozies. ????

Seriously, it's not so much how many dollars, pesos, pounds, yen, rupees or whatever you make.

It's how much you get for that in your economic system.

For example, lunch in Sweden might be more expensive than in America, but they get free healthcare, free education, a reasonable safety net, job security (no "at will employment", I would guess) along with your lunch. ✔️