U.S. conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has died: Fox News

webfact

But to give Limbaugh credit, once he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he repented of his past statements, and adopted the anti-tobacco campaign as his own personal cause...just kidding.

Rush Limbaugh denied health risks of smoking years before lung cancer diagnosis: ‘I would like a medal for smoking cigars’

Years before conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh announced on his show Monday that he’d been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer, he downplayed the health risks of smoking on his show.

The 69-year-old firebrand said he’s receiving treatment for the cancer but did not provide further details. “There are going to be days that I’m not going to be able to be here,” he said on his show Monday.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-rush-limbaugh-smoking-effects-cancer-diagnosis-20200203-4ma66mowazektovzh7hg2aynhq-story.html

Rush Limbaugh denied smoking risks in 2015: ‘Smokers aren’t killing anybody’

The conservative radio host has long extolled the glamour and societal benefits of smoking, while downplaying its dangers.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/04/rush-limbaugh-denied-smoking-risks-in-2015-smokers-arent-killing-anybody/

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

RIP Rush. 

While many would not agree with all his views, he certainly had the balls to say what he thought and in the current PC/Woke constantly offended 'cancel culture' climate that was very refreshing. Long live freedom of speech.

Image result for gop censures cindy mccainImage result for gop censure of jeff flake

I have many more since you bring up "PC Cancel culture".......GOP hypocrisy is off the charts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Your tacit agreement that he's been a racist for years is welcome.

Thank you.

I simply chose a point in time which I though resonated for many. He revealed his true nature.

Queue up Rush's paradoy of "Barrack the Magic Negro"?

A Magical day indeed...Best President I have ever voted for......A Class Act...unlike others.....

Image result for obama inauguration crowd

Edited by onthedarkside
name calling reference removed

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I use to really like Rush. Then he lost the plot. Conservative media outlets like his are destroying America.

I wouldn't say I "really" liked him in his earlier days but he was funny back then. Later he started taking himself too serious and turned rabid making it impossible to listen to him. He certainly had a huge influence in getting Trump in office and helping to further divide the nation. I'm happy Rush is gone and the country (and the world) would be better off if Trump departs for good, sooner than later.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I never liked him.

He made us much worse.

He laid the foundation for a gaslighting authoritarian president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/were-living-in-the-world-rush-limbaugh-created/2021/02/17/99e48410-7170-11eb-85fa-e0ccb3660358_story.html

We’re living in the world Rush Limbaugh created

When he first came out, decades ago, he was ok. Now? Just a sad old racist white man telling lies to make money.

The world would be better off without conservative radio hosts like him.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Because the world is filled with racists and people who love violence. Just look at Trump's supporters for proof.

Sad so many like this bs. Shows why the US is in such trouble.

Your response doesn't answer my question. 

"Why is Conservative talk radio so popular? I only ever listened to one liberal station out of the Bay Area, but way more conservative radio celebrities in Ca. "

I grew up just east of SF and I only found one liberal kind of talk radio station and it was so bad for reception. These conservative talk shows don't condone or incite violence, but it's an old stand by line for the liberals. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your response doesn't answer my question. 

"Why is Conservative talk radio so popular? I only ever listened to one liberal station out of the Bay Area, but way more conservative radio celebrities in Ca. "

I grew up just east of SF and I only found one liberal kind of talk radio station and it was so bad for reception. These conservative talk shows don't condone or incite violence, but it's an old stand by line for the liberals. 

I did answer your question. I don't listen to any talking bubble heads. None. Thereare much better sources for your news. Avoid these jerks at all costs.

AP news. NPR. The NY Times. The Economist. Foreign Policy. Etc. Great media outlets.

If Bill Clinton didn't happen along when he did Rush wouldn't have had someone to bash as the imminent threat.  He should have kissed Bill's feet, without him he would have lived out his years doing drive-time radio.

And then there's Glen Beck, who emerged when Obama was elected to be O's "Rush."

US progressives can't do the "hair on fire" thing the way conservatives can, and the US right-wing can't do political humor, it just comes out as hate -- Ben Stein is a good example.

Ok, I have one thing I can say I liked about Rush was that he hated Bill O'Reilly, used to to say he was Ted Baxter.  The special place in hell for both of them is to be conjoined.  Rush will be waiting for you, Bill!

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bendejo said:

If Bill Clinton didn't happen along when he did Rush wouldn't have had someone to bash as the imminent threat.  He should have kissed Bill's feet, without him he would have lived out his years doing drive-time radio.

And then there's Glen Beck, who emerged when Obama was elected to be O's "Rush."

US progressives can't do the "hair on fire" thing the way conservatives can, and the US right-wing can't do political humor, it just comes out as hate -- Ben Stein is a good example.

Ok, I have one thing I can say I liked about Rush was that he hated Bill O'Reilly, used to to say he was Ted Baxter.  The special place in hell for both of them is to be conjoined.  Rush will be waiting for you, Bill!

I use to like Rush. In his first years. Same with Beck. Never liked O'Reilly. These people massively changed over the years. Now spewing hate and lies just to make money. Shame on them.

Change is desperately needed.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

before the racism leaked out

It's undone many a right winger. There was Dr. Laura's rant about the NAACP, on her long running radio show supposedly offering family advice. There was Hank Williams Jr letting us know how he really felt about a black man in the white house, so that we'd never hear "Are you ready for some football?" again. Then most recently, Gina Carano decided to make an abrasive comment toward the ethnicity most in charge of her employer, then was shocked to find they had sacked her.

Free speech? Snowflakes? Or sometimes, you just gotta know when to shut up. From an ethical standpoint certainly, we should all just be nice to other, but also from a practical business standpoint, which conservatives should surely understand, knowing there will be consequences to actions toward your employers, sponsors, or customers.

Anyway, Rush. My grandma caught his short lived TV show in the 90's. She thought he was ridiculous. She worried about him getting a heart attack with how worked up he got. Well, he somehow ended up winning that battle. Rest in peace, Rush.

• Like 2