Does your wife love Thai soaps and Thai tv?

ivor bigun

My wife never watches Thai tv ,except for the news ,she thinks its rubbish , what does your wife think? and why is my wife so anti Thai soaps etc ,especially as her sister over 20 yrs ago used to be in them .

believe it or not her favourite tv show is an old one  FRAZIER, she loves it.

Sure does. We are now in UK but get live Thai TV via Internet with a Roku streamer. Due to time difference my wife, now a senior, watches selected soaps around 1300 daily. However, she is not glued to each episode just likes to see the first and (absolutely) must see the final!

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

My wife never watches Thai tv ,except for the news ,she thinks its rubbish , what does your wife think? and why is my wife so anti Thai soaps etc ,especially as her sister over 20 yrs ago used to be in them .

believe it or not her favourite tv show is an old one  FRAZIER, she loves it.

Frazier is coming back!Just read about it.Great!

Madam used to watch the comedy soaps (with obligatory midget, ladyboy, evil mother, drumrolls and boings) she seems now to be watching the music "talent" shows (where's that cat got caught up now?).

I have a good pair of closed-cup, noise cancelling headphones so I can enjoy the cricket in relative peace ???? 

• Like 1

She doesnt watch them as such, she has it in the background whilst using her tablet or doing other things. If she sits on the sofa with just that on the TV, I guarantee she will be asleep in 10 minutes !

She says her family always used the TV as background and ever since she was kid used to fall asleep to it. Its like a knock out drop to her...55555

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Usually on in the background - like all Thais the TV is always on, even if the family is in the road outside ! Wife will only really go out of her way to watch an historical Thai soaps.

That said my wife is a great fan of movies like The Hobbit and LOTR series. 

Those movies are just as far-fetched as some of the Thai rubbish.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Nope. TV is hardly ever on.

The wife prefers working in the garden, or cleaning the house. When she has nothing else to do she may watch a movie and she particularly likes the Muay Thai televised on the weekends.

your wife sounds like mine ,does she wash the car as well oh and run marathons?

54 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Most Thai women these days are glued to the Korean ones, same stuff less screeching , slapping and hair pulling

That <deleted> seems to happen about every 15 minutes in these Thai shows. I don’t understand it. 

Does your wife love Thai soaps and Thai tv?

Yep.  And she just got a movie channel to boot.  Probably a good thing as movies seem to interest her more.  I personally detest Thai soaps and Lakhon.  They emulate the worst aspects of Thai culture and then provides role models for bad behavior.  They are despicable.

We have two TVs, (one in the living room and one outside where i sit in the evenings ???? ????) wifey can watch whatever she wants, she prefers western movies (not cowboy) on Netflix with Thai audio. she works all day but watches YouTube Thai news in the mornings on her phone outside while eating breakfast.