Trump to proclaim himself the future of the Republican Party in speech

webfact

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And people still support the guy who's supporters wanted to kill his vice-president and senators. Why is he not in jail?

Please don't compare any banana republic with that. Because in a banana republic he would be in jail or dead by now.

2021-01-12T201057Z_1035919403_RC2K6L9YLB

Just look at all the new red hats. They look like wolves in sheep's clothing?

3 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Just look at all the new red hats. They look like wolves in sheep's clothing?

I think they look like sheep. And probably their brains, or whatever they have between their ears, are also more similar to sheep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I pray he [Trump] is the Republican candidate. Independents like myself are only wishing this enthusiasm stays in play another four years. Guarantee he looses! Any takers? Glad I won last time I made my bet.

IMO this is a highly wishful situation on DT's part: he'll either be facing prison or be in exile by then.  If his health doesn't catch up with him, of course.  I don't think the kids have a chance at the WH, but the idea that daughter can run for the House of Rep. from a district in Florida is plausible.  Don Jr comes off like a dumbed-down version of Rand Paul (think about that one for a while).  I think the "Saint Peter" of Trumpism will be Flynn, with Bannon as the John the Baptist (switching from the Italy-Germany post WWI playbook to the Bible for analogy). 

Thursday may be interesting, another redneck uprising.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump has discussed privately running again for president in 2024, according to advisers, but the speech excerpts gave no hint of what he might do

Was he imitating a firetruck on an emergency with the who-woo-who bit about running again at the end  .. 

• Haha 1

Back in high school I remembered seeing planes fly into buildings in New York. I remember studying how the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in a surprise attack...

Trump did far worse...He directed and told his supporters to violently overthrow the legally elected President Biden in a violent and bloody insurrection, a coup and a rebellion. 

Trump is responsible for the direct attack on the worlds heart of democracy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

No. In such a tragic scenario I would expect Don jr or perhaps Ivanka to step up and fill the position. Trump is a trusted brand among Republicans and also generally among libertarians/conservatives/patriots who do not identify as "Republican". The name is a trusted brand because he ran on promises, and after winning did exactly what he said he would do(never happened before, won't happen again). That he was attacked by the losers for 4 straight years that called him an "illegitimate President" by the Democrat power players like Mrs Clinton, Biden himself, and Jimmy Carter , and made all all manner of hoaxes to bash him without evidence strengthened the support and trust for the Trump name. He is rightly a hero to 70 million Americans and many more people worldwide that value freedom and honesty - see his image used by HK anti communist protestors as an example.

Still, I would rather see Trump sr. serve one more term before handing the reins over to his kids and their kids next. America would be in good hands if leadership remains stacked with Trump DNA.

You mean he offered a health insurance plan that was beautiful, better, and cheaper? And what about his trillion dollar infrastructure plan? He also promised to crack down on hedge funds and the like.

• Like 1

If in favor for Trump or against him .... if he should start his own party  .....it would be a disaster for the Republicans to loose  his followers .... so they have a dilemma if they even think of dumping him ......a Pandora box to open .....

Just an outsider's opinion ....guy's .... he is a factor in the game with his followers ????

• Like 1