Real Estate Companies

dsmiththailand

Wife and I will be moving (retirement VISAs) to Pattaya in September.  As we will be looking to rent a house (under 25,000baht) as we are planning to adopt two dogs and looking in the areas between Na Kluea and Bang Saray and close to the beach if possible, do you guys recommend a great real estate company or agent that could help us?  Also, when using an agent or Company, or their services free or do we need to pay a commission?

Also, any advice as to best location to live or avoid?

• Like 1

Just noted that you consider a ten minute scooter ride from the beach, as close.

I initially though you mean a minute's walk. That's what I consider close. Haven't seen too many beach houses at estate agents; they are usually offering shiny new shoeboxes. 

But if you look carefully, doing some leg work, you should be able to find houses a very short walk from the beach. 

Ten minutes on a bike is literally anywhere in Pattaya.

6 minutes ago, newnative said:

Me, too.  And, I want to see the beach from my perch or what's the point. 

Though not sure that are within the OP's budget. Even in a low tourism environment, people may be reluctant to let beachfront properties go for a song.

My motto is that if you cannot hear the sea; then you are not close to the beach.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've been thinking about moving to Pattaya but have always thought of it as a sex town. I am aware that there are probably nice areas these days. 

It is possible to live there and be totally away from the sexpats and prostitutes? 

It is easy to be away from the sex trade, but it is not likely you could live anywhere in Thailand where there are expats, without some percentage of them being sexpats.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

It is easy to be away from the sex trade, but it is not likely you could live anywhere in Thailand where there are expats, without some percentage of them being sexpats.  

True, there are many sexpats that come to Thailand. Obviously there will be a much higher %age in Pattaya, so why live there? Friends, is one reason for me, and golf courses. Anyone who says they live there for the beach, is a liar. 

My advice, for what its worth, stay clear of Pattaya and Jomtien, unless  night life is a must for you, stay clear of agents, especially one man bands and there are a lot of them around just now.  Tour the area, and check up on signs on houses, deal direct with the owners. As a rule, owners don't like dogs.  Small ones maybe, but big ones, forget it.  My further advice, go no further east or west than Bang Saray.   The beaches in Ban Chang are <deleted> holes and controlled by the local mafia and the sea is polluted.  Steer clear I would say. Beware that some owners are still asking ridiculous and unrealistic prices for their rentals.  The market is flat and anyone asking say 20,000 pm, should be looking at a max of 15,000 pm for a 12 month contract. If you want to near the sea, you will pay a higher price and your choice will be very limited. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've been thinking about moving to Pattaya but have always thought of it as a sex town. I am aware that there are probably nice areas these days. 

It is possible to live there and be totally away from the sexpats and prostitutes? 

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Why the need for such Troll-like and opinionated posts? I am here for the beach and proximity to the things that I want. Have not entered a bar/den of iniquity since I have been here.

That's why I have chosen a "beach front" property. For the beach. Sad that you seem to have such a narrow purview. Lots of things that happen here that have no connection to the sex trade at all.

Get out from behind your Smartphone/PC and take a look.

Me, too.   Could not have said it better.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Me, too.   Could not have said it better.  Thanks.  

You live in Pattaya for the beach? Sorry, I don't understand that thinking, if affirmative. What exactly do you like about it? Do you swim in it or run along it or go surfing?

The last time I went there the beach was dirty and full of undesirables, Thai and foreign. I even got hassled for sitting on the beach and not giving some conman money and was propositioned by an ugly, old ladyboy!

I'm thinking of buying land on Koh Mak, where the beach is paradise. 

I would like some of the things in Pattaya, but certainly not the beach. 

Edited by Neeranam

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

True, there are many sexpats that come to Thailand. Obviously there will be a much higher %age in Pattaya, so why live there? Friends, is one reason for me, and golf courses. Anyone who says they live there for the beach, is a liar. 

I've rented an apartment there because the price was good, no large upfront payments required, and it has a swimming pool and gym. I also like walking on a beach, but don't really have any desire to swim in the sea.

I have zero interest in golf or women.

1 minute ago, OswaldBastable said:

I've rented an apartment there because the price was good, no large upfront payments required, and it has a swimming pool and gym. I also like walking on a beach, but don't really have any desire to swim in the sea.

Is the sea still filthy? Is it safe to walk along at night?

4 minutes ago, OswaldBastable said:

Fair enough if you want something else, like go gos, and choose Pattaya as it has a beach, but saying you choose it for the beach is not being true to yourself. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

Just now, Neeranam said:

Can't answer that as still in BK quarantine, but at 7,000bht/month (175 pounds) it's a bargain compared to my room in a Worthing guesthouse at 200 pounds a week. If the sea is clean enough for me to walk along with my feet in the water, I'll be happy enough. Ask me again on Monday. Never been to a 'gogo', never been to Asia before either.

Edited by OswaldBastable
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OswaldBastable said:

Can't answer that as still in BK quarantine, but at 7,000bht/month (175 pounds) it's a bargain compared to my room in a Worthing guesthouse at 200 pounds a week. If the sea is clean enough for me to walk along with my feet in the sea, I'll be happy enough. Ask me again on Monday.

For sure, I can imagine what Worthing is like now!

Have you thought of living in a place with a nice beach or are you new to Thailand?

You could get a place on Koh Chang for the same price. 

• Like 1