Thailand’s medical system facing its biggest test as virus surges back

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Not much worse than government hospitals.  Even in the best of times.  Your family has to stay to take care of you.  Theres no food service.  Usually no soap in the toilet area.  I guess better than Laos though, the hiso Laos used to come here for treatment (private hospitals).

Very scary.  Imagine all the mosquitos and screaming.

Yup, my mother in law was bitten by a snake and had to spend 3 nights in our local hospital which is pretty big, on a par with the best in the province.

My wife had to sleep there to take care of her mother. On the floor next to her narrow trolley bed. No air con of course and crowds of people. According to my wife , the ward toilets were unusable with excrement all over the floor because of a blockage ( apparently now fixed )

They have nice private rooms but you can't just use them unless a doctor approves. Since they are in a separate wing and the doctors have no time they avoid using these rooms. If I need a hospital I drive to Bangkok and use a private one.

• Like 1

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

18 hours ago, Blumpie said:

And this is the problem.  Hospitals can only deal with COVID, nothing or little else.  

Look at India - they have no oxygen.  Of course that's a significantly poor third world country with a notoriously poor standard of life, where the poor simply never go to a doctor in their lives.  Kids get sick?  Oh well, have more kids.  No doctor, no treatments.  

So what ends up in a place like Thailand is surgeries get delayed, people suffer, and it ends up being a big big problem.  We are currently dealing with a huge backlog in surgeries with people genuinely suffering day after day here and it's really sad.  

I do hope that they can fare well - they have great doctors in Thailand!

yep India no oxygen...but has a space program... Thailand no Vax or hospital beds soon but soon a few shinny Subs...sounds like a plan .. Dingbats

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Percy P said:

How many of the population have been vaccinated under the  government vaccination plan.I haven't come across one .

at the last count - 0.9%.

It is scandalous - a complete mess. They haven't even bought-in vaccine yet.

$$Mine-comp1.jpg

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

You really have little faith in Thailand, no doctor would put an asymptomatic case on the ICU. That just does not happen. They might fill up other beds but not beds in the ICU. 

Also if you follow the news the field hospitals are for asymptomatic cases and the really sick people do go to hospitals.

It might not be streamlined yet but i am pretty sure that even in Thailand they don't put asymptomatic cases in ICU beds. That is basic and would not be done anywhere in the world.

Where did I mention ICU ? 
Also as another point I know of hospitals that have tested people and when positive have transferred them to the government hospital as they didn’t want them in a bed at their private hospital. So if this is happening then obviously government hospitals will be overrun .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Thailand must try to expedite vaccination programme for entire population vaccinating the most vulnerable  first and stop the crazy sandbox plans for Phuket. Invest money in vaccines and forget about tourism until Covid under control

Exactly get the vaccines Mr Anutin, NOW! Johnson & Johnson has just got released again. That's my pick out of them all. 6 people out of 7 million died of blood clots, "perhaps" they were overweight/unfit/and had clogged arteries from years of unhealthy living and the covid disease was just too much for their vascular systems to cope with?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Where did I mention ICU ? 
Also as another point I know of hospitals that have tested people and when positive have transferred them to the government hospital as they didn’t want them in a bed at their private hospital. So if this is happening then obviously government hospitals will be overrun .

Serious infected people will go to ICU why would the put not serious problems there. The that are asymptomatic are NOT taking up beds of people who need care. Just untrue. They put all the less severe cases in those field hospitals.

5 hours ago, Eibot said:

You indeed are not here to do research. I doubt you even read the article you sent me.

Yes, the UK and it's common members have some favourable tax jurisdictions, but not the most favourable in the world. Besides that, having cooperations and individuals using or partially using that tax system does NOT mean you have control over that money....and 70% of the world wealth is just delusional.

I'm with you, officially US and China have nearly 50% of global wealth between them but there is also the unknown. It is the Catholic Church that is reputed to be the wealthiest institution in the world.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:40 PM, Denim said:

Field hospitals ?

Surely they mean covid incubation centers .

Giant petri dishes for the plebs. Not going to get any high so and sos going near them.

Bashing the Thai again? ????

Missed your voice, when:

- Governor Cuomo in the New York hotspot sent elder patients, tested positive, back in the nursing homes

- in the Italian hotspot Lombardy elders were not allowed access to hospitals and were restrained in the nursing homes

• Sad 1