Pattaya readies for increased restrictions, hotel occupancy at just 3%

webfact

"The key for Pattaya right now was to vaccinate 75% of the population, said Sinchai."

Gov has said foreigners not being left out of vaccines (for now, anyway. Stay tuned)

Foreign Western tourists tend to go to bars expats frequent Any idea where/how we can get on the vaccine list so we can later have our hopes dashed?

9 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Welp..I suppose the poor bargirls will just have to deal with the thai men.......

Naa. They still got the internet.thats where the most money comes from especially now. Do a little turn for your viewer and smile and say send me money honey. Been that wy for aa long time

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's similar in Phuket, we had some family come last week they got a great deal in a 5 star hotel, there was 5 people staying at the hotel

Yep Phuket is so sleepy and beautiful. A bl..dy tragedy for the Thai people ... this ‘situation’ is way harsh on everyone. Well, everyone except those with plenty of money who are insulated from

life’s everyday pauper hardships.  

• Sad 1

I would love to know why we westerners are referred to as Foreigners or Farang etc but the Chinese are called overseas tourists!

Any manners towards western long stay, expats or tourists are thin on the ground these days in tourist areas.

It definitely let's us know who they would prefer in their ' travel bubble ', or at least those asses in government, but Thailand , ' Be careful what you wish for! '  and the old chestnut of ' Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean you ' when they are trashing us as foreigners, is wearing thin.

I can say 100% if I did not have deep connections and commitments to this country I would be long gone. It just ain't the same and there are countries with a far better attitude in this very region towards westerners. The days are long gone when nowhere compared to Thailand, it's now an average destination.,

I have already started a couple of years ago to cut my spending here to necessities but concentrate on my pleasure spending activities, (no not bar workers),  in neighboring countries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I would love to know why we westerners are referred to as Foreigners or Farang etc but the Chinese are called overseas tourists!  ...

They have various names for different foreigners, some less polite than farang, at least in my mind.  They are never at a loss for words.  555

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's similar in Phuket, we had some family come last week they got a great deal in a 5 star hotel, there was 5 people staying at the hotel

Usually in Thailand it works the other way around. Prices go way up for those who are there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

By far the biggest 'social services' scene in Thailand is between locals. The farang scene gets the attention because it is in your face, but the Thai scene is far, far bigger and exists in every town, even small towns that are little more than villages.

Early in this wave, many infections in Pattaya came from boy karaoke bars, where ladies on their day off would go to throw money at Thai men. Every bargirl will deny going to those places, but they are often filled to capacity.

But the current restrictions are putting a big damper on everything. Although some bargirls are staying at their bars (free rooms for the moment, since the owners don’t want to lose their staff), others are not so lucky, and go back to Isaan.  If a bargirl was living with a money boy, when her money goes, he goes. Only a relatively small number of ladies have foreign sponsors sending enough money to live on, and many of them go back to the village to live with the Thai man of their choice. 

Yes, some ladies make some money off the internet, but it’s like everything: a handful make big money, the rest scramble for small money.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, webfact said:

The key for Pattaya right now was to vaccinate 75% of the population, said Sinchai. 

That's Thailand's population, not just the Pattaya population, and there's no getting around it.  

Edited by Leaver

12 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Zero guests boss, have to put prices up!!!!

Not in this moment I know a few people that have come down to Phuket and had some brilliant deals,