Thailand sees second day of record-high virus deaths

2 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

People are going to spread it through the household regardless of a lockdown or not. There needs to be prevention of the spread outside of the house as well

How do people not comprehend this???

Hmmm... what you are saying is that, if one member of a household tests positive for Covid, they should be removed from the household and housed in a quarantine facility, something like a "field hospital", to prevent spread of the virus to other members of their household. I will notify the Health Ministry immediately of this great idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Hmmm... what you are saying is that, if one member of a household tests positive for Covid, they should be removed from the household and housed in a quarantine facility, something like a "field hospital", to prevent spread of the virus to other members of their household. I will notify the Health Ministry immediately of this great idea.

Other countrys put them in home quarantine for 14 days! But if you not find those household's they spread that other place also!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I think you mistake his point, he was replying to a poster who said its no longer out in the community which it clearly is.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 2

Just now, anchadian said:

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

3m

There are 143 people with #COVID19 in Greater Bangkok that are waiting for a bed. Forty-one are in a moderate condition and six are in a serious condition #Bangkok #Thailand

image.png.e7165b53bcf32fe072f6ad3e7f03982b.png

Here's the reality of the situation now in Bangkok, terrible for those people to be left like that

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

1m

Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021: First dose - 1,097,862 people Second dose - 386,703 people Yesterday, 2,632 people received their first dose and 4,855 received their second dose. * The official population of #Thailand is 66,186,727

image.png.05e41436d0e94d5997b6be042486d029.png

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

3m

There are 143 people with #COVID19 in Greater Bangkok that are waiting for a bed. Forty-one are in a moderate condition and six are in a serious condition #Bangkok #Thailand

image.png.e7165b53bcf32fe072f6ad3e7f03982b.png

This is a serious question: are the Covid beds in Bangkok filled now? IF not, why are these people waiting for a bed?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Some inflammatory/trolling posts and replies to those have been removed.

Off topic posts and replies about India also have been removed.  While the Covid infection rate in India is worrisome, this topic is not about India.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Of course curfews work but not in the way you think. They prevent parties and home drinking. That is all they need to do. They also stop illegal bars and other stuff. The rest it has no use what so ever but as we have seen alcohol and covid rules just don't mix. So they try to stop partying with curfews.

Good point ????

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Do curfews really make any sense at all?  I mean, Covid does not ominously become more transmissible from 10pm to 4am, so why put a random time stamp on it?

In all seriousness, there is no science based data that support the efficacy of curfews.   On the other hand there is data that support the efficacy of short-term lockdowns (i.e.: 1-3 weeks).

I would hate for that to become necessary but my point is that curfews really achieve very little if anything at all towards "flattening the curve".  However, what they do accomplish is to erode our trust in government and just generate widespread paranoia.

Issuing arbitrary curfews actually discredit the more sensible measures taken.  When health authorities present rules without clear, science-based substantiation, their advice ends up seeming arbitrary and capricious.

Indeed and if same demand for say local 7-11/ Big C Lotus etc in less hours more crowding.

On the other hand we all know that evening drinking may make people less careful of social distancing and hygiene.

Post happy hour you may become attraced to "all sorts' when the beer goggles kick in.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

We have all types here:

Covid Deniers

Anti-vaxxers

The "I had Covid last year and its no problem" types

The "I don't care how many millions die, I want to go to my pub" types

and, last but not least, "This epidemic is going out of control, it's going to be like India here" types.

oh, and the guys who debate what angle the line has to be so that it's exponential.

You forgot the "we're all going to die" types,and the "I'm afraid to breath without my mask on" types.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1388746942394474498

·

5m

Chiang Mai health officials this afternoon are reporting 55 new cases and two more deaths. Seven patients are critically ill. Out of 3,685 cases, 2,118 patients have returned home and seven have died #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

image.png.ff2c4f01ab6a743f3daffb0752725464.pngimage.png.bc22a85395448ee22ca6d2fb676a6a60.png

• Confused 1

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-infected-thai-embassy-staff-repatriated-from-india-on-special-rtaf-flight/

COVID-19 infected Thai embassy staff repatriated from India on special RTAF flight

May 2, 2021

Three Thai officials working at the Thai Embassy in New Delhi, India, who are infected with COVID-19, and another, who is considered as to be high risk, were flown into Bangkok on Saturday on a Royal Thai Air Force Airbus 320.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There are 143 people with #COVID19 in Greater Bangkok that are waiting for a bed. Forty-one are in a moderate condition and six are in a serious condition

So the other 95 must be in a mild condition? Do they really need a bed if they are not considered to be in even a moderate condition?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand's Health Ministry on Sunday reported 1,940 new coronavirus cases, while deaths hit 21 for a second day, the highest daily number of fatalities since the pandemic began

I thought the smart people said the peak was over?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Steady as she goes...cases and deaths holding steady. Keep practicing recommended Covid safety precautions everyone and we'll lick this third wave soon.

So the new practice of "quarantining at home if proven infected" down in Phuket might not be a good idea.

5 hours ago, meechai said:

in 2018 Thailand averaged 122 deaths per day due to Influenza and Pneumonia.

This dog & pony show needs a bite of reality

Scare Mongering at its finest has really detracted from all the student protests & moves to seek new government

21 deaths....OMG what is that like one third the daily auto deaths ( at the scene only) of course less now that none go anywhere ????

Well, the stripped down figure for just influenza  ranges from 300 to 7000 deaths per year.

.The overall incidence of influenza cases over 8.5 months between January 1st and September 18th, 2017 was 177.75 per 100 000 population (approximate range: 76.88 to 594.59 per 100 000 population).8 The estimated mortality rate of influenza-related respiratory illnesses in Thai population was 6.1 (95% confidence interval: 0.5-12.4) per 100 000 population or about 3600 deaths (range: 300-7000 deaths) per year.9 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Last Friday: third wave has already peaked. Today: second day of record deaths. 

From day one of this virus, I have been confused. So many contradicting reports on what to do/what not to do. How it's spread. Most/least effective measures, etc. etc. Everything is a contradiction and/or a balls up. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Thailand's infection and death figures are broadly similar to those in the UK.

The big difference is that in the UK they are conducting hundreds of thousands of tests per day whilst Thailand seems to be only conducting several thousand.

Either Thailand has a huge number of unreported cases or they are incredibly lucky funding all the cases with so few tests.

You are ignoring contact tracing. Thailand activity tracks contacts of infected persons and tests them.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2