SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With cases ticking upward, one province has indicated that everyone must register for a vaccine by May 31 or face a possible month in jail and a 10,000 baht fine.   Although this doesn't state that people will be forced to actually take the vaccine, in your opinion do you believe that the Thai government should mandate vaccines.   Chose the option that best expresses your opinion on the subject.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

I voted 1, but only because my preferred option ins't available. I believe that, after a sensible deadline, access to services (government, bank, ATM, 7/11, markets) should be denied to unvaccinated people. Under Thailand's current plans  this should probably be announced, right now, as of November 1. 

So people are given a choice, but would have to send their gardener to get cash from the ATM if they chose to stay unprotected.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

13 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I voted 1, but only because my preferred option ins't available. I believe that, after a sensible deadline, access to services (government, bank, ATM, 7/11, markets) should be denied to unvaccinated people. Under Thailand's current plans  this should probably be announced, right now, as of November 1. 

So people are given a choice, but would have to send their gardener to get cash from the ATM if they chose to stay unprotected.

How can they be allowed to have a gardener move around in society when they're unvaccinated?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

It is completely wrong to mandate anyone to take a vaccine against their will.

Read the OP again, only suggesting it is mandatory to REGISTER for the vaccine.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

There should be an addition whereby not having the vaccine you sign a waiver that if you get covid that any  treatment  will not be free.

And if you smoke fags, rot your liver away with Lao Kao, do not clunk-click, or do not look left then right....Green Cross Code, then treatment is not free either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand should allow the citizens to choose whatever vaccine they want and not push a certain vaccine to them.

Different people want different things.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

I believe ‘everyone’ should be encouraged to take vaccines.

I believe those who don’t are not only selfish but are potentially dangerous to society.

That said, society enters extremely dangerous territory if people are forced to take a vaccine, people should be given the informant and tools to make an informed choice.

I don’t think ‘vaccination of foreigners’ will be an issue for the Thai Government: I can see a situation whereby those who don’t wish to become vaccinated do not receive a renewal of their extension of stay.

It still surprises me that ‘payment into the healthcare system’ or ‘evidence of private healthcare’ is not included in the extension requirements. 

I also see a situation whereby vaccination is required for international travel (airlines an refuse unvaccinated people) although the legalities of this could be interesting.

Private entities: ’Some’ organisations will insist on vaccination of its employees. I’m certain I will not be able to continue working in my industry without vaccination. 

In the future we will see Vaccine Lawsuits:

- Traveler's suing an Airline for being refused travel without a Covid-19 Vaccination

- Employee’s suing their company for being forced to take a Vaccine or face dismissal

- Interviewees suing a company for being forced to disclose their vaccine history

etc etc...  these lawsuits will be paid out in the millions in the US and basically dismissed everywhere else !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t think ‘vaccination of foreigners’ will be an issue for the Thai Government: I can see a situation whereby those who don’t wish to become vaccinated do not receive a renewal of their extension of stay.

Yes i agree with you, that is quite a possibility. Good that the american CDC covid card is very, very easy to forge. 

5 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

You'd be the first of course except the crazy clown of Buriram. 

No I wouldn’t I strongly disagree with ‘enforcement of vaccines’.... 

But, I also believe people should take the vaccines and those who don’t can inadvertently put others in harms way.

There is no way to force people to take vaccines.

7 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

You expect people to take an experimental vaccine which could cause harm and death just to prevent to cause that to someone else ?

There’s no point arguing with extreme bias presented above. The virus is far more harmful, causes far greater harm and death than any of the vaccines. 

If you want to work somewhere, be prepared to accept that a jab may be mandatory for that place. Don't like it, don't work there.

If you want to travel somewhere, be prepared to accept that proof of vaccination may have to be shown. Don't like it, don't travel.

If you want to access government services, some places, utility companies, restaurants, clubs, gyms etc, be prepared to accept that proof of vaccination may have to be shown. Don't like it, don't use those services or go to those places. 

Not this year, but maybe the next. It's coming.

Already arrived in some countries. Why would Thailand be any different? They already have one of the strictest entry systems in the world.

The only way round it I can see for people is to provide PCR test results, presumably done privately, because why should government pay for your selfishness.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I believe ‘everyone’ should be encouraged to take vaccines.

I believe those who don’t are not only selfish but are potentially dangerous to society.

That said, society enters extremely dangerous territory if people are forced to take a vaccine, people should be given the informant and tools to make an informed choice.

It still surprises me that ‘payment into the healthcare system’ or ‘evidence of private healthcare’ is not included in the extension requirements. 

I also see a situation whereby vaccination is required for international travel (airlines an refuse unvaccinated people) although the legalities of this could be interesting.

Private entities: ’Some’ organisations will insist on vaccination of its employees. I’m certain I will not be able to continue working in my industry without vaccination. 

In the future we will see Vaccine Lawsuits:

- Traveler's suing an Airline for being refused travel without a Covid-19 Vaccination

- Employee’s suing their company for being forced to take a Vaccine or face dismissal

- Interviewees suing a company for being forced to disclose their vaccine history

etc etc...  these lawsuits will be paid out in the millions in the US and basically dismissed everywhere else !

I'm sure it would just be put into the Ts and Cs of the ticket for travel. The airline reserves the right to refuse travel to passengers who fail to provide.... Blah blah blah.