Plenty of vaccine of any brand for everyone - even third dose, says Anutin

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Asked by Thai Rath if that meant AstraZeneca for all, the DMP said that Thailand has plenty of different brands of vaccine to choose from - people will get what is best for them. 

An Who's in God's Sake knows what is best for us of those plenty options we gonna choose from...!!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

An upbeat health and deputy prime minister Anutin Charnvirakul declared yesterday that there was plenty of vaccine against Covid-19 for everyone.

I guess someone forgot to tell the staff at Lanna hospital in Chiang Mai. I went there on the advice of the government after the More Prom website crashed and burned on day one. What vaccine do you want? the lady at the foreign service desk asked me. I thought, this is more like it. What do you have I foolishly inquired, nothing the woman said, a lot of people want Pfizer or Moderna. While this is fascinating to know, I'm no closer to vaccination.

Why do the government officials even say things like this?  Do they really think that the Thai people and foreigners will not go to the hospitals or sign up on Mor Prom and discover that the availability is not there?

All that statements like this accomplish in an attempt to placate people is a growing distrust of anything they say. 

• Like 2

I told you it was here, follow me, it's just down this back alley next to this small Soi in Khao San.  Yep that's it I can see the shelves stocked full of any vaccine you need or want.  Now was that Jack Daniel's or Glenfidich you needed.... said Anutin as he poured a third vaccine.

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

An upbeat health and deputy prime minister Anutin Charnvirakul declared yesterday that there was plenty of vaccine against Covid-19 for everyone.

How?  For the Astrazeneca vaccine:

1) 12 doses per vial instead of the recommended 10

2) 2 doses 16 weeks apart

I have to give him or whoever came up with this plan credit for squeezing out every drop and extending the supply.  

They are playing with peoples' health to cover up their incompetence and save face here.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

I guess someone forgot to tell the staff at Lanna hospital in Chiang Mai. I went there on the advice of the government after the More Prom website crashed and burned on day one. What vaccine do you want? the lady at the foreign service desk asked me. I thought, this is more like it. What do you have I foolishly inquired, nothing the woman said, a lot of people want Pfizer or Moderna. While this is fascinating to know, I'm no closer to vaccination.

I contacted Watana H in UD(I'm registered there) they are taking names  ! A few days later they asked for my preference . I requested Moderna  !

They said right now they are only taking names and personal info !

Edited by riclag

I have a relative who sadly has serious mental illness. One of his traits is to be constantly explaining all the great and important things he will be doing at various points in the future, none of which have any relation to reality. 

Hence my feeling of deja vu. 

• Like 2

Another watery mouth! AstraZeneca is totally out of stock, only Sinovac available. Next month, the vaccination is open to all 60s and 7 diseases starting  7 June 2021, only Sinovac available. 

Where is other brands? None. 

Pfizer team came to meet to them 5 times, the top guys says "NO" and interested on Sinovac only because CP owned some shares in Sinovac China. 

I think if you want a vacc other than the Chinese one and AZ ( questionable) its going to have to be through Private Hospitals.

Unfortunately the Govt seems to be controlling the role out of these(alternatives) if I'm not mistaken !

Vaccinations given through this campaign are free and U.S. citizens may not have a choice regarding the brand of the vaccine they receive.  The RTG has approved the following vaccines for use in Thailand:  AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson and Sinovac Biotech.  Currently, the RTG only has AstraZeneca and Sinovac Biotech available for use and is working to import the other approved vaccines."

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-may-25-2021/

Edited by riclag

"For those who aren’t vaccinated, though, the situation is vastly different. The case rate among unvaccinated people susceptible to infection is 69 percent higher than the standard figures given, a Washington Post analysis determined. Infections continue among the unprotected. “It looks like fewer numbers, looks like it’s getting better, but it’s not necessarily better for those who aren’t vaccinated,” one public health researcher told The Post.

44 per cent of Australians agreed with the mid-2022 forecast [to allow in foreigners], while one-third said even such a cautious timetable was too optimistic.

Hong Kong University medical prof: “The only viable endgame that I see for successful areas in the Asia-Pacific region is to achieve high levels of vaccine coverage with targeted lessening of border measures with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region but not with the rest of the world.” (SCMP, 23/05/21)

“UAE to offer third dose to recipients of China’s Sinopharm vaccine” (SCMP, 19/05/21)

I think maybe I need to get it out of my system. There are many people here bashing Sinovac. Well, yes it is Chinese and yes it saves lives, China was the first country to deal with the virus and they perfectly done so, people died and vaccine was produced to save lives as it did. Efficacy maybe was not 100 percent as claimed by Pfizer or Astra, but it did stop pandemic in China and they are now virtually at a single daily numbers. China is the only country being able to export Sinovac to any other nation

Now, Russia. Sputnik. You don't like it because it's Russian, I understand that, but this is only vaccine not to produce any side effects in old population as well as kids. Russia was the first nation to launch the first space apparatus, first man in space, first man in free space and they kicked Nazi's ass. And they are producing it in a sizable volumes, so all nations can get it, that's when EU holding all vaccines for their own, same as Americans

So stop wining about origin of the drug you getting and get over your prejudice, get anything you can and be grateful <deleted>

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Asked by Thai Rath if that meant AstraZeneca for all, the DMP said that Thailand has plenty of different brands of vaccine to choose from - people will get what is best for them. 

and Sinovac is what's best for everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Now, Russia. Sputnik. You don't like it because it's Russian, I understand that, but this is only vaccine not to produce any side effects in old population as well as kids. Russia was the first nation to launch the first space apparatus, first man in space, first man in free space and they kicked Nazi's ass. And they are producing it in a sizable volumes, so all nations can get it, that's when EU holding all vaccines for their own, same as Americans

I would take Sputnik over Sinovac in a second!  It is far more effective! Nuf said!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Agreed. I think the likes of Anutin actually like telling bare faced lies because the fact that nobody in attendance challenges them just gives them an even greater feeling of power. It's like, you all know I'm lieing and still you dare not challenge me. 

Of course, it doesn't go down so well outside the country and this curious phenomenon is one of many reasons that Thailand has acquired the (affectionate??) nickname throughout Asia as Lieland.

You can always tell when he is lying his lips are moving!

On 5/25/2021 at 9:48 AM, smedly said:

I think he actually believes all Thais think he is godlike and that they believe every word that comes out of his mouth

boy is he in for one almighty awakening when this is all over, hope he has an exit plan

Just like his boss, the unelected "PM" he will think he is there as long as he wants as he cannot be voted out.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:07 AM, webfact said:

And of course, you will decide what is best for everyone eh...

• Like 1