Thailand reports new daily record of 47 coronavirus deaths, 3,323 infections

webfact

7 minutes ago, Donga said:

Hotspots have been eliminated all around the country, want every town listed?

Why do you hold up Victoria as the gold standard? Their population is 6.7 million and they've had 820 Covid deaths. Thailand's population is ten times bigger with 920 Covid deaths.

I'd say Thailand's performance is 10 times better than Victoria without the four months draconian lockdown from that inept government. Nor would I take Victorian CHO word as gospel on variant potency, he's as bad as the doomsday squad on Thai Visa, gets spooked at shadows. 

Around the world Covid is in retreat. Thailand are bringing this wave under control. They already have the prisons and the migrant worker factories sorted. No need to do a Victorian, good grief. Chill fella.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 9.11.00 PM.jpg

I'm afraid the Victorian govt. in the first instance listened to their so-called medical experts who said masks were not needed. Same in every Australian state. I couldn't believe it. The same 'experts' now say masks are good and in some cicumstances made mask wearing compulsory. This seemed to be a western thing. I was one of the first on here last year to talk about the benefits of mask wearing. I was pooooopooooed by many. Many who said this is just the flu.

An aside. The so-called 'experts' also said there is no way this is a man made virus. Many are now changing their tune. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Donga said:

Hotspots have been eliminated all around the country, want every town listed?

Why do you hold up Victoria as the gold standard? Their population is 6.7 million and they've had 820 Covid deaths. Thailand's population is ten times bigger with 920 Covid deaths.

I'd say Thailand's performance is 10 times better than Victoria without the four months draconian lockdown from that inept government. Nor would I take Victorian CHO word as gospel on variant potency, he's as bad as the doomsday squad on Thai Visa, gets spooked at shadows. 

Around the world Covid is in retreat. Thailand are bringing this wave under control. They already have the prisons and the migrant worker factories sorted. No need to do a Victorian, good grief. Chill fella.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 9.11.00 PM.jpg

Yes dear a list would be nice if you would.Do I hold Victoria up as a gold standard?Not bloody likely mate you might look back at some of my earlier posts about dictator Dan's efforts,I have no problem with voluntary lockdowns but in disagreement with the mandatory nature of those of Victoria (same goes for masks) but that doesn't stop me comparing the efforts and result they have achieved with Thailands current efforts which are hamstrung by the poverty of most of the people here.Even compared to previous efforts Thailand made to stop the spread the current effort certainly differs markedly and you might think the current situation is under control but I beg to differ.I also do't recall suggesting Thailand try a victorian style lockdown and not sure how you've come to that conclusion perhaps you've misinterpreted my remarks here.Maybe re-read my remarks for further clarity.I'm as chill as a down tempo ambient psybient chill sound track that I like listening to.Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the art of debate?Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Good to hear its in retreat around the world. In Thailand however its not only in the prisons and migrant workers factories here and no its not under control by any means otherwise we would be seeing a sustained trend down in cases.

Indeed Bkk. If it was in retreat here why is Thailand ripping up the Covid charts. Aint no retreat here and again without testing numbers we really don't know and neither does the rest of the world. Ok. Open up tourism. Hate to hear of anyone one getting covid but if only one tourist gets it here then the ramifications are huge. Mind you murders get covered up here so the odd tourist dies of covid may well have committed suicide.

10 hours ago, Excel said:

Well of course we can not comment too much on this.  However it does appear that finally someone has finally grasped the baton in the race to help the nation.  Taking that baton away from the well connected Health minister and the buffoon PM may will rancour those individuals and their sycophants whose main aim is to line their own pockets at the expense of the nation. Of course there may be downsides to these actions later but let's just accept for now that somebody has finally got fed upon with these self serving political fools and has a desire to help the nations people out of this crisis, not just a select few of them.

something need to be done. It is the right thing to do

We all know that Moderna and Pfizer are the best available vaccines-- no death or health complication problem. 

the problem is procure them. and for how much.  even some every month is better than none at all.

Forget the free program.. Any money you pay for an available vaccines is a fresh welcome.  safety of health has no monetary values.

It will cheaper than a bottle of whiskey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If you contact them, as one of the few left in the nation who still defend the government, you might be able to arrange a PR retainer. The results of the first wave were likely due to dumb luck, it appears. 

Very lame. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. Next time you make a post, try to devote at least two moments of thought to it.

I think people get that impression of you because you are forever complaining.

We want to hear about why you love Thailand so much. Try and be more of a glass half full person and you will have the beautiful state of mind you yearn for.

Because Thailand isn't a nanny state, things are not perfect and you might be more suited to living somewhere else.

Good luck mate.

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes dear a list would be nice if you would.Do I hold Victoria up as a gold standard?Not bloody likely mate you might look back at some of my earlier posts about dictator Dan's efforts,I have no problem with voluntary lockdowns but in disagreement with the mandatory nature of those of Victoria (same goes for masks) but that doesn't stop me comparing the efforts and result they have achieved with Thailands current efforts which are hamstrung by the poverty of most of the people here.Even compared to previous efforts Thailand made to stop the spread the current effort certainly differs markedly and you might think the current situation is under control but I beg to differ.I also do't recall suggesting Thailand try a victorian style lockdown and not sure how you've come to that conclusion perhaps you've misinterpreted my remarks here.Maybe re-read my remarks for further clarity.I'm as chill as a down tempo ambient psybient chill sound track that I like listening to.Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the art of debate?Hope that clears thing up a bit for you.

Gotta disagree. The results speak for themselves in Aus. Very tough lockdowns but they work. What doesn't work is hotel quarantine. 17 people getting covid and leaving hotel quarantine in the the last 6 months. Have to wonder about quarantine here. Maybe this is where the Indian variant came from. As for mandatory there is something called forced to be free. It's a philisophical/political thing. Complex but interesting. You should be forced to wear a mask so I am free from possible infection from you and I should be forced to wear a mask so you are free from possible infection from me. In this way we both have freedom from. Green and red traffic lights are the same. You are forced to stop at a red light so you don't kill or injure anyone going through the green giving them the freedom to proceed. When you have the green the oppisite applies. Forced to be free. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

it is a reality and  sad to read about the spiral  virus infection and death.  It is a serious problem because it does not include other unreported cases. It is quite worry some.

the main issue is vaccination What I read there seemed to be a lot of problem and politic procuring the vaccines and where to administer them . To be gentle and positive. I will use the word "not organized" , you can fill the blank for a better word   "c...tic"

A  lot of politic are being played because of tourism : vaccinate Phuket, Kho Samui first in order to open for tourism.. The real fact  and a pipe dream for many in the government  : nobody will come to thailand  for a while.

Must to Vaccinate by age group to drop the death rate should be the highest priority and not by district. The other real fact people now are willing to pay of for good vaccines. it is ok...safety health is important

I am glad the private organization and institutions will do the right thing and take " the bull by the horn"  and bypass any government method  to help the procurement of the vaccines 

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Gotta disagree. The results speak for themselves in Aus. Very tough lockdowns but they work. What doesn't work is hotel quarantine. 17 people getting covid and leaving hotel quarantine in the the last 6 months. Have to wonder about quarantine here. Maybe this is where the Indian variant came from. As for mandatory there is something called forced to be free. It's a philisophical/political thing. Complex but interesting. You should be forced to wear a mask so I am free from possible infection from you and I should be forced to wear a mask so you are free from possible infection from me. In this way we both have freedom from. Green and red traffic lights are the same. You are forced to stop at a red light so you don't kill or injure anyone going through the green giving them the freedom to proceed. When you have the green the oppisite applies. Forced to be free. 

900 plus deaths in Oz.Hows that working? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Gotta disagree. The results speak for themselves in Aus. Very tough lockdowns but they work. What doesn't work is hotel quarantine. 17 people getting covid and leaving hotel quarantine in the the last 6 months. Have to wonder about quarantine here. Maybe this is where the Indian variant came from. As for mandatory there is something called forced to be free. It's a philisophical/political thing. Complex but interesting. You should be forced to wear a mask so I am free from possible infection from you and I should be forced to wear a mask so you are free from possible infection from me. In this way we both have freedom from. Green and red traffic lights are the same. You are forced to stop so you don't kill or injure anyone going through the green giving them the freedom to proceed. When you have the green the oppisite applies. Forced to be free. 

I agree that the hard lockdowns can work in limiting spread if they are hard enough and one can afford to compensate and feed the multitude as in Oz although it looks like a lot of people still were allowed to do essential work or go shopping etc also much less densely populated in Oz may also be a contributing factor.I've been wondering lately what the infection rate outdoors for this virus is as I've heard it's just about zero which for me still raises the issue that perhaps masks get more credit than is warranted as  the aerosol nature of the virus as indicated by the latest Vic outbreak starting from isolated occupants of the hotel quarantine with people lockup inside for 2 weeks which differs from the Howard Springs type of facility which is basically the same as a mining construction camp I spent 12 years living in which has much better ventilation and I think this is much more crucial to reducing spread than mask wearing as I just look at the 4000 health care workers whom contracted infections in Victoria with all their PPE and mask wearing, so until I see something that is a little more concrete I will continue to oppose the idea that masks are as effective as you and others say they are so for now we will continue to disagree  on this matter until the jury returns with a verdict.I wear the masks that the majority have decided to mandate but there was a time when all medical practitioners were convinced ulcers were cause by stress and not an infection and that wasn't so long ago until a nutcase doctor came along and proved otherwise.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I agree that the hard lockdowns can work in limiting spread if they are hard enough and one can afford to compensate and feed the multitude as in Oz although it looks like a lot of people still were allowed to do essential work or go shopping etc also much less densely populated in Oz may also be a contributing factor.I've been wondering lately what the infection rate outdoors for this virus is as I've heard it's just about zero which for me still raises the issue that perhaps masks get more credit than is warranted as  the aerosol nature of the virus as indicated by the latest Vic outbreak starting from isolated occupants of the hotel quarantine with people lockup inside for 2 weeks which differs from the Howard Springs type of facility which is basically the same as a mining construction camp I spent 12 years living in which has much better ventilation and I think this is much more crucial to reducing spread than mask wearing as I just look at the 4000 health care workers whom contracted infections in Victoria with all their PPE and mask wearing, so until I see something that is a little more concrete I will continue to oppose the idea that masks are as effective as you and others say they are so for now we will continue to disagree  on this matter until the jury returns with a verdict.I wear the masks that the majority have decided to mandate but there was a time when all medical practitioners were convinced ulcers were cause by stress and not an infection and that wasn't so long ago until a nutcase doctor came along and proved otherwise.

Sorry farflung but I think you'll find the jury is in on masks. We speak we spit. Spit on a person or spit in a mask. A sneeze goes a long way very very fast. The virus is aerosol and particulate. No offence but I thought you would have seen quite a lot about this in the last year and a bit.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

In your view, but not in their eyes. It is the way they have chosen to handle it unfortunate as it may be.

Its the reason Australia has been covid free for most of the time. Some people just don't get it. I'm in Melbourne and most people agree it is nessessary albeit difficult. Short term pain for long term gain. That Australia's approach and it has worked. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government's English language COVID news briefing for the day has concluded, once again, with no new or specific information about the promised June 7 launch of vaccine registrations for foreign nationals.

That means, no information about what hospitals or medical centers in any of the provinces will be participating in that program, and regarding Bangkok, no comment on why one of the two designated vaccination centers for foreign nationals, Vimut Hospital, had suddenly closed vaccine pre-registrations, just days after first opening them.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but could this have something to do with Vimut closing registrations?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218479-downtown-bangkok-hospital-made-deal-with-chinese-embassy-to-vax-20000-chinese-and-thais/?utm_source=newsletter-20210527-1225&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Sorry farflung but I think you'll find the jury is in on masks. We speak we spit. Spit on a person or spit in a mask. A sneeze goes a long way very very fast. The virus is aerosol and particulate. No offence but I thought you would have seen quite a lot about this in the last year and a bit.

So how does the virus go from one room in a hotel and infect people in another room does spit go around corners and through doors?I know mine does but I'm not normal nor am I new!

56 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I respect the virtues of lockdown in Oz so why not go farther and lockdown the mice to stop that infestation? Sorry off topic but just an idea after a few beers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

This thread is about Covid spread in Thailand.  If you want to have a discussion of the Oz situation, then get a room.

TaoNow calm down fella. Covid is global and aspects of this pandemic therefore have a relationship to each other. If what is happening in another country is pertinent to the discussion let it be i.e testing rates in different countries, vaccine uptake % of population in different countries, death rates etc all goes to build a picture of what other places in the world are doing and how they're going and what Thailand is doing and how Thailand is going in this global pandemic. As it stands in the last 6 weeks Thailand isn't doing very well. Note I say the last 6 weeks. Without comparison to other nations there would be no way to tell that Thailand is entrenched in the top 30 worse countries in the weekly trend on the covid worldometer in the world. The UK is 31 and Australia is 156. You need to remember where Thailand was 6 or 7 wks ago and there is no way you can say things have got better. 

This forum is an adult discussion with some differing points of view along with some levity across a variety of nationalities. Relax.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So how does the virus go from one room in a hotel and infect people in another room does spit go around corners and through doors?I know mine does but I'm not normal nor am I new!

Aerosol. They believe that opening two doors in let's say opposing rooms with I can't remember but I think positive pressure from the rooms lets it out. Don't know about you but the old days openning the car door after a joint or two with your mates and that smoke just pours out. Same thing really. Of course there's also airconditioning. Singapore found that one out along with several cruise liners. At the cruise liner time they didn't know it was aerosol. Personally at the very beginning I was wearing a mask and safety glasses. My thought was if it's particulate it's more than likely also aerosol. I was right.

• Like 1

According to some documents published by the Thai media today, Sinopharm has been ready to deliver 20 million doses of vaccines to Thailand, but couldn't contact the Prime Minister or the Minister of Public Health Minister. Sinopharm, is a Chinese state-owned enterprise

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397901795343572995

Will have to look for the original press release on this but this say that Sinopharm had been trying to contact the government for a month until the Chulabhorn Royal Academy took matters into their own hands. This happened to Pfizer in November before.

https://twitter.com/erich_parpart/status/1397866048615903233

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Aerosol. They believe that opening two doors in let's say opposing rooms with I can't remember but I think positive pressure from the rooms lets it out. Don't know about you but the old days openning the car door after a joint or two with your mates and that smoke just pours out. Same thing really. Of course there's also airconditioning. Singapore found that one out along with several cruise liners. At the cruise liner time they didn't know it was aerosol. Personally at the very beginning I was wearing a mask and safety glasses. My thought was if it's particulate it's more than likely also aerosol. I was right.

I believe the N95 when properly fitted might offer some protection but as for the surgical masks if air is getting out and in then the aerosol virus is also going in and out with out much hinderance.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to some documents published by the Thai media today, Sinopharm has been ready to deliver 20 million doses of vaccines to Thailand, but couldn't contact the Prime Minister or the Minister of Public Health Minister. Sinopharm, is a Chinese state-owned enterprise

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397901795343572995

Will have to look for the original press release on this but this say that Sinopharm had been trying to contact the government for a month until the Chulabhorn Royal Academy took matters into their own hands. This happened to Pfizer in November before.

https://twitter.com/erich_parpart/status/1397866048615903233

From what I've seen it's better than CaronaVac. Maybe wrong the nights moving on if you know what I mean.

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I believe the N95 when properly fitted might offer some protection but as for the surgical masks if air is getting out and in then the aerosol virus is also going in and out with out much hinderance.

It doesn't work that way if the surgical masks are decent and worn properly. There's also the fact of virul load. Youtube it and have a look.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Neal182 said:

Its the reason Australia has been covid free for most of the time. Some people just don't get it. I'm in Melbourne and most people agree it is nessessary albeit difficult. Short term pain for long term gain. That Australia's approach and it has worked. 

What percentage of the Australian adult population plan NOT to get vaccinated? Vaccine rollout is also very slow there. Is there much vaccine hesitancy?

Pfizer shots could already be rolling out if the government had not turned it down in Nov last year:

According to local media, Pfizer’s representatives met with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on November 25 to sell their vaccine. But the government turned them down.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26729/buy-vaccines-not-weapons-members-of-the-opposition-tells-government/

• Like 2