Don't impersonate us, says RTP spokesman - you can get thrown in jail if you do!

webfact

Fair enough - three years in jail plus any offenses committed during the wearing of the uniform.

An equally problematic issue seems to be rogue cops and regular officers not in uniform yet on duty.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Fair enough - three years in jail plus any offenses committed during the wearing of the uniform.

An equally problematic issue seems to be rogue cops and regular officers not in uniform yet on duty.

I've been hassled a few times on Sukhumvit in Bangkok by Thai men that fit this description. 

Once there were three of them that stopped me when I was on the way to get a taxi at 2am, they seemed drunk, and wanted to search me. I refused to comply as they would not show any ID, it looked as if they were about to get nasty until a Thai friend pulled up in a car and gave me a lift home. That seemed to scare them off from whatever they were attempting.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

For example it was illegal to go and chat up a woman wearing a uniform and trying to impress her. 

Damn I'll have to leave the SWAT black kit in the wardrobe and leap off the top without it now .. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

For example it was illegal to go and chat up a woman wearing a uniform and trying to impress her. 

They give the most bizzarre  examples I've ever seen, just shows what he does in his  spare  time though!

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

Siriwat said that impersonating a cop was wrong for many reasons. 

Not to mention trying to extort money, bullying people or annoying them. 

In fact doing anything to damage the exemplary name of the Royal Thai Police was a strict no-no. 

And reserved entirely for the bib alone

• Like 1

How exactly can you impersonate an RTP person ?   Go outside only after 8 am. ? Go off duty when it gets dark?  Try not to help the general public ? other then wearing a tacky uniform with even more tacky plastic medals it must be quite difficult. Although I suppose going out to a bar and drinking alcohol , which should not be served currently with your mia noi might convince people you were a policemen I suppose. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

you get as you deserve..  If they did their job day and night, instead of playing with their cellphones  and everything else Thailand would be better and they would be respected... but now.........comedy capers 

35 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I've been hassled a few times on Sukhumvit in Bangkok by Thai men that fit this description. 

Once there were three of them that stopped me when I was on the way to get a taxi at 2am, they seemed drunk, and wanted to search me. I refused to comply as they would not show any ID, it looked as if they were about to get nasty until a Thai friend pulled up in a car and gave me a lift home. That seemed to scare them off from whatever they were attempting.

Lemme guess

Thong Lor or lower Sukhumvit.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In fact doing anything to damage the exemplary name of the Royal Thai Police was a strict no-no. 

Seriously? That's right. They have no problem doing this on their own having no need for outside help. But on the fair side I have met  few genuinely nice owns over the years, so not all rotten apples.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In fact doing anything to damage the exemplary name of the Royal Thai Police

The only ones doing damage to the RTP name is the RTP themselves. They do it consistently, frequently and stupidly. I doubt they could find members of the public doing any worse.

And they are more concerned about their name than their behavior. As always, with these government authority types, it's only about the packaging, never about the substance. Here is a concept for them which requires effort and will therefore be ignored: Improve your behavior, and you will improve your name...

• Like 1

"All sorts of articles and rules were in place such as 146, 108, the emergency decree and number 6."

Many other laws etc that arent enforced either ! Dont just quote them, try actually enforcing the law and do your damn job ! Might save a few thousand lives on the roads here for a start.

• Like 1