Thai govt reaffirms mass vaccinations to begin on June 7, enough doses for everyone

webfact

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Dr Suphat said that as the government has a limited amount of the AstraZeneca vaccine, it has instructed hospitals to get 12 doses from each vial, instead of the 10 doses that the label recommends.

The idea is to increase the number of people who receive the AstraZeneca vaccine by 20% while using the same amount of the vaccine, he said.

So if true,  it looks like they won't even be giving the recommended dose.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Thailand should let all foreigners who live in Thailand get the vaccine first before any Thais since they bring more money to Thailand than Thai citizens. For every foreigner in Thailand is equal to 100 Thai citizen.

I really hope you are better at spinning records than spinning nonsense, DJ. 

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

Dr Suphat said that as the government has a limited amount of the AstraZeneca vaccine, it has instructed hospitals to get 12 doses from each vial, instead of the 10 doses that the label recommends.

The idea is to increase the number of people who receive the AstraZeneca vaccine by 20% while using the same amount of the vaccine, he said.

So if true,  it looks like they won't even be giving the recommended dose.

When they fill up the vials they put in a little extra to make sure you can get at least 10 doses even with some loss for whatever reason.  So you can often get 11 or 12 shots out of it.  This is no different than what many other countries are doing.

Edited by shdmn

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

When they fill up the vials they put in a little extra to make sure you can get at least 10 doses even with some loss for whatever reason.  So you can often get 11 or 12 shots out of it.  This is no different than what many other countries are doing.

UK is getting ONE extra dose.  And they're only doing this because they're short of vaccines.  If they try to get 2, will you really be getting the recommended amount of vaccine in your jab?  Hmmm....dodgy at best.

22 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I registered last Wednesday, I received a phone call on Friday to collect my appointment card on Saturdy, I did so and have an appointment for my vaccination at Hua Hin Hospital on 7 June, I'm British.

Here in Samui foreigners under 60 were supposed to be able to get jabbed today but yesterday were cancelled and it seems the same will happen to foreigners booked here on the 7th.  Everyone means Thai's only !!!

14 hours ago, bradiston said:

Where did you register? On mor prom? Do you have a tax ID or a pink card? 

At a pop up registration centre in a local shopping mall here in Hua Hin, there are two malls here both with registration desks.

The registration form asked for a passport number, they didn't ask for a copy of my passport bio page or the page with my immigration status. 

19 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Can anyone else confirm if they have been able to get an appointment for an actual vaccine?
This sounds too good to be true I've heard a lot of expats have registered but didn't get an appointment but didn't get an appointment to vaccine.
Are you over 60 to get the AZ vaccine?

Not sure what you mean when you say that it "sounds too good to be true", as I say I registerd, I was given an appointment for next Monday and was told I'd be getting the AZ vaccine, yes I'm over 60.

Whether I actually get it, is of course another matter.

18 hours ago, tompelli said:

In Hua Hin expats can register for vaccination at Bluport or Market Village. Starts at 10:30 (get there ahead of time). They issue numbers to get an appointment for vaccination & you return in about 1 1/2 hours to get the appointment form. When they have filled their quota for the day, they tell you to try again tomorrow. You need a completed form, original passport & photocopy. My appointment is for 8th july 15:00 @ Hua Hin hospital, not stated which vaccine. I am told applications run until 2nd june.

I registered there as well with an appointment for 7th July and was told by 2 people that it will be the Astra Veneca vaccine.

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I would like to know what Siam Biosciences production capacity is... it's a manufacturing facility so they must have daily/weekly/monthly capacity figures.

They must know what they can produce in what time-frame.

Well, based on their extensive experience of making and delivering premixed concrete...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Why is all this so confusing can’t Thailand do something and make it simple TIT

The only thing simple in Thailand is how the unelected "PM" and his cronies can keep filling up their offshore accounts.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 9:03 AM, thonglorjimmy said:

AZ, but I would have taken the Sinovac if that was all that was on offer, I take the view that limited protection is better than none.
I'm aware that many Health Care staff have received Sinovac, a mate of mine in Pattya received his a couple of weeks ago.

Where did he get it, and how?

7 hours ago, fpexpert said:

I registered there as well with an appointment for 7th July and was told by 2 people that it will be the Astra Veneca vaccine.

Latest news coming out from Japan is they will continue to go ahead with the games, even though they have only vaccinated a few million people.

It seems that all countries are short of supplies. Not just Thailand, and to make matters Worse, lawyers are now filing suites against vaccine companies in the USA,as people are being forced to get vaccinated or loose their jobs.

Remembering that all the vaccines are experimental until 2023.

American lawyers will be in full swing suing in pro rata battles. 

So we now look to see this supply mess turning into a legal mess as well. Source RT today. 

2 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Latest news coming out from Japan is they will continue to go ahead with the games, even though they have only vaccinated a few million people.

It seems that all countries are short of supplies. Not just Thailand, and to make matters Worse, lawyers are now filing suites against employers in the USA,as people are being forced to get vaccinated or loose their jobs.

So we now look to see this supply mess turning into a legal mess as well. Source RT today. 

7 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

It seems that all countries are short of supplies. Not just Thailand, and to make matters Worse, lawyers are now filing suites against vaccine companies in the USA,as people are being forced to get vaccinated or loose their jobs.

RT today? You might as well have used Fox as a source.