Phuket foreigners to get leftover Sinovac

webfact

5 hours ago, smedly said:

indeed 

and what happens to long term expats if you refuse to accept this vaccine ?, a question I asked before 

You will be dragged into the jungle shot and your condo repossessed. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, smedly said:

indeed 

and what happens to long term expats if you refuse to accept this vaccine ?, a question I asked before 

Get your own vaccine...simple as that..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigdod said:

I found this on the inter-web-of-deceit the other day... its a table comparing the efficacy of the various vaccines based on available data and "modelled estimates"

It's produced by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) and they do explain it all here: COVID-19 vaccine efficacy summary | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (healthdata.org)

Its pretty obvious that the Sinovac (Coronavac) vaccine isn't as effective as most of the others, but it's not far behind in respect of the variants. Also shows that Moderna is the daddy...

From my side, I reckon that the Sinovac vaccine is better than nothing and it can indeed be "topped up" by one of the more efficacious vaccines once available.

Vaccine efficacy by coronavirus variant, available data, and modeled estimates.PNG

I am registered for Moderna (private). Your post does give me reason to be assured. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's okay for Phuket, they get the un-wanted Sinovac...

A friend of mine in Khon Kaen sent a message in Line to me yesterday showing a letter that had been posted locally asking for all foreigners to register for vaccinations from June 1st as they will be included in the vaccination programme within the province... I wonder what they will get?

As for my province nothing said yet... so I'll wait for all the Sino-whatever to be used up and hopefully get AZ in a month or so, I'm happy to wait for July.

Did he say who the letter was sent by? I'm curious as to how they had his address. My home address registered with immigration is in Khon Kaen city but I'm up in our village place at the moment. Just wondering if it's worth my while to pass by the city dwelling and see if there is a letter waiting for me.

3 hours ago, impulse said:

“We have 29,690 doses of Sinovac remaining from April, and we will provide those doses of vaccine to registered foreigners on June 3 and 4,” he said.

“Right now, there are 22,613 migrant workers [believed to be from neighbouring countries] and 5,758 foreigners [usually meaning Westerners] who have been registered, giving a total of 28,317 [foreigners] in total. 

Happy Days!  So 100% of the Thais in Phuket are now vaccinated!!!  Right?  ????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Both have now been approved by the WHO.

I didn't even realise they were considering approval of leftover meatloaf and spaghetti!

The vaccines are as safe as any of the others.

Seems to be a lot more issue with Quality control with sinovac.

Also, it isn't just about safety.  The Chinese vaccines seem to be a lot less effective generally and don't have the same cover on the new variants that the mRNA ones do.

If it's a case of waiting a few months to get a much better vaccine, it seems like a no brainer.

Both have now been approved by the WHO.  The vaccines are as safe as any of the others.  And in the end, we're all going to need a jab, and probably a booster within a year.

WHO approval means approved by China, who pull their strings????????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I didn't even realise they were considering approval of leftover meatloaf and spaghetti!

Seems to be a lot more issue with Quality control with sinovac.

Also, it isn't just about safety.  The Chinese vaccines seem to be a lot less effective generally and don't have the same cover on the new variants that the mRNA ones do.

If it's a case of waiting a few months to get a much better vaccine, it seems like a no brainer.

Where are you reading about quality control issues with Sinovac?  Just curious....if you can share.

Yes, the Chinese jabs do seem to be a lot less effective with the new variants.  If you are in a high risk group, but to get the jabs now and get an mRNA booster in 6 months or so.  Right?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Did he say who the letter was sent by? I'm curious as to how they had his address. My home address registered with immigration is in Khon Kaen city but I'm up in our village place at the moment. Just wondering if it's worth my while to pass by the city dwelling and see if there is a letter waiting for me.

It was a formal letter/notice issued by the local government office.

Not posted to a home personal address.

If you or a partner can call the government office and ask where to register.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

How generous; the dirty farang now can help themselves on the stuff which is "left over". 

The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, known for it censorship of anything not 100% conform with the actual doctrine of the Prawatchs and his cronies, might be doing itself a favour and block this page as well. 

Anyone not residing in Thailand can access the internet as well and can read, how  much care the top bananas avail to the alien crown ...... pathetic! 
If they could speak/read proper English I would assume insult but the Lord may forgive them, as English is an alien language! 

4 hours ago, BestB said:

There are many ways to deliver same message. 

I do not know if it’s reporters choice of words or actual words of authorities but it sounds as if feeding leftover food to a street dog.

final result is the same no matter what words one uses , but I wonder why send the message in this way, not in a more nicer, welcoming way

The writer at the Phuket News who wrote it has form.

He sounds like one of those self entitled people you often come across in Patong and Pattaya.

Those who marry hookers and then take the moral high ground. Strange people

Sounds like they are going to make  Phuket the capitol of Thailand  but here in koh Samui we have no worries as they are going to deliver  a huge amount of the locally made AZ before June the 7th to vaccinate all Thai and expats over 60 and those with underline health problems . i am looking forward to mine On or just after the 7th .i am sure they will keep to the said dates . ....................... or will they ? 

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

This new study says it's OK to mix vaccines.  Let's hope the one in the UK that's looking at this also says the same thing.  It will be needed!!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/01/americas/canada-mixing-coronavirus-vaccines/index.html

Mixing coronavirus vaccine brands is OK, Canada says

Are you working in marketing for pharmaceutical company? Why are you promoting this vaccines? If you are scared just go and get for yourself and leave other to do what they want. You will be protected anyway, right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If you're getting what the Thais don't want you know you're really in trouble

My wife has already registered me for the jab (Isan). Today the pu yai baan called out to pick up and fill out the consent forms. We were the only two people to do so, there is no covid in our province so nobody here in my village feels it necessary and they have been scared off by reports in the news of blood clots. My missus checked with the hospital and they will give me the vaccine free of charge despite my being a foreigner......I will see on the day.

• Like 1

For all of you farangs living in Puke-ket that helped feed the hungry locals, I hope you enjoy the leftover scraps (Sinovac) they throw you as their way of saying thanks ????

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling
  • Sad 3

Feed the rubbish to the foreigners because the Thai public don’t want it that tell you all about the Chinese vaccine sorry but I’d rather take a risk than have something produced by the Chinese regime

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

I have not being given a date yet but am registered and will be notified. 

did they tell you the month they expect to get the vaccines?

I wonder if it makes sense to register if the expected month is October.