Provinces make final preparations for Monday’s mass vaccination project

snoop1130

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

All this pomp and circumstance for a carrier bag full of vaccines.????

I trust they all went out for a lovely meal afterwards (at one of the governor's restaurants). 

Something missing here, the Monks have not been included. Perhaps on the 7th they will all be invited to join the front of the queue ????????

• Haha 1

A lot of low-infection rate provinces only got 3,600 doses of AZ. All hat, no cattle.

The focus is on high-infection rate areas, and of course, tourism-related areas.

Shame older at-risk Thai folks are left to pound sand, while the sandbox is prepared.

I do understand that foreigner's cash money is vital to the economy.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

why are they doing this indoors, all these people have the potential to spread covid

Yes let's leave  them outside  in the scorching  sun and hope they  don't get sun stroke,,  ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Provincial authorities and related agencies are now making final preparations at vaccination centers, ahead of the June 7th national vaccination drive being launched on Monday.

If every vaccination centre nationwide open up Monday morning it will take about 15 minutes and all the vaccines will be used up.

Or are only some of the chosen sites going to get supplies while the others are told to wait for Julys out-put.?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Something missing here, the Monks have not been included. Perhaps on the 7th they will all be invited to join the front of the queue ????????

Well, they will wait until you are all sitting in serried ranks waiting to be called and then they will lead them past you to a row of comfy chairs at the front, just so that you can feel blessed.

• Like 2

“The governor has assured all 2,287 senior citizens and people with chronic diseases who have successfullysigned up, that they will receive their jabs between 7-9 June, while the remaining doses will be offered to otherpopulation groups based on their risk factors.“

only 2,287 senior citizens and people with chronic diseases? Is this the province with the youngest and healthiest population in Thailand? Or is he talking about one village?

have I read something wrong? Can’t get my head around it.

51 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, they will wait until you are all sitting in serried ranks waiting to be called and then they will lead them past you to a row of comfy chairs at the front, just so that you can feel blessed.

They tend to all be pretty old. Probably are qualified to be at or near the front.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

why are they doing this indoors, all these people have the potential to spread covid

So they set up outdoors and it rains.  What then?  Send people home, awning for the staff,...........?

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Provincial Governor Kraisorn Kongchalad has revealed the province will be receiving 3,600 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine,

Prior to that vaccine distribution was Top Secret? This means that around 3600 civil servants in the province get lucky.

Mass petri dish vaccines sites,  what a grand Amazing Thailand Idea!

In Alberta, they do this as well at a convention center. Thankfully I get to go to my 

local pharmacy and quietly sit with 5 or 10 people in a large area to wait for my shot.

Geezer