Thailand reports 2,680 new COVID-19 cases, 35 new deaths

webfact

Malaysia is now expecting delays in scheduled deliveries of the Thai-made #AstraZeneca vaccine, officials there told reporters. They had ordered 610,000 doses from Siam Bioscience for delivery in July, 410,000 in July and 1.2 million in August and September.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1402532958909591553

Reuters report:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-malaysia-vaccine-idUSKCN2DL0II

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

My question is how many have died and are these in the official daily reported numbers of deaths or are they hidden? I would love to see a breakdown of nationalities in the daily death reports. 

True, we get the number of foreigners who have died in road accidents but not from Covid-19 fatalities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Phuket seems to have stopped reporting any cases whether 1 or 0, have not seen a report including them in a few days, very strange.

Its not strange at all

Its predictable

With the Sand Box opening in a few weeks time, they are going to paint the Island Rosy Red in every way that they possibly can to lure Tourists.

No reports = nothing to read about. No good news , no bad news, therefore impossible for people to form any opinion about the nature of the Covid situation on the Island.

But me being the syndical Old  Scrote that I am would look at this situation and only form one conclusion from it.

If they  dont want me to read about it, what are they trying to hide.

I don't think so:

Representatives of the spa and massage parlour operators have met the Committee on Labour, calling for Covid relief. They proposed the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration allow them to reopen their business on June15.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1402535008737193984

• Haha 1

Bangkok surges to new high of 70 Covid clusters

There are now 70 active clusters in Bangkok, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Wednesday.

It is the highest number of active clusters that has been reported in the third wave, which started at entertainment venues in the capital and surrounding provinces since April 1.

The previous figure given for Bangkok by the CCSA was 53 clusters on Monday.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28380/bangkok-surges-to-new-high-of-70-covid-clusters/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Tongue in cheek is by definition not serious but sometimes needs to be spelt out for a few....you included apparently

"Come in spinner" if your familiar with 2up! 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you really think the right thing to do is seal an area and not bother testing, instead wait for herd immunity then you've successfully justified yourself. 

Never implied it's the right strategy. I'm trying to establish how, once having sealed an area, increased testing in that area improves outcomes? Mass testing didn't help the UK much, and while it would surely help a little, we see in Taiwan and South Korea that it's no magic bullet.

20 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Never implied it's the right strategy. I'm trying to establish how, once having sealed an area, increased testing in that area improves outcomes? Mass testing didn't help the UK much, and while it would surely help a little, we see in Taiwan and South Korea that it's no magic bullet.

Read the rest of my post. You missed why.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read the rest of my post. You missed why.

Read it again, only see you deflecting to the ethics of the practice (which is certainly questionable, but not what is being discussed).

4 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Read it again, only see you deflecting to the ethics of the practice (which is certainly questionable, but not what is being discussed).

What do you really think this means:

"Labour authorities are arresting workers instead of testing them, and we are concerned this will lead to workers hiding," said Adisorn Kerdmongkol, a coordinator at the Migrant Working Group (MWG), a network of non-governmental organisations."

These migrants will avoid at all cost having to be put through these conditions, they will hide, try to escape and no doubt many have. It only takes one from each bubble to do this and create even more clusters.

When you are treated less than human you will behave less than human.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

These migrants will avoid at all cost having to be put through these conditions, they will hide, try to escape and no doubt many have. It only takes one from each bubble to do this and create even more clusters.

Sure, it's just testing more doesn't resolve this. It's the arrest and seal aspect that is causing issues.

Maybe you're talking about early testing to prevent the need to seal, but we see from Taiwan and Korea that's not really working so well. It would certainly be better, but it's not enough, not with half hearted lockdown measures.

10 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Sure, it's just testing more doesn't resolve this. It's the arrest and seal aspect that is causing issues.

Maybe you're talking about early testing to prevent the need to seal, but we see from Taiwan and Korea that's not really working so well. It would certainly be better, but it's not enough, not with half hearted lockdown measures.

You've convinced yourself. Like i said before. I totally disagree with you. Good night.

Bottlenecks as 28 die after receiving a vaccine amid surging demand with 5% already vaccinated

Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesperson Dr Apisamai Srisangson confirms all vaccine doses are being logged and all adverse reactions are being investigated. She also confirmed that compensation and health care costs will be paid by the government.

A strong takeup on the government’s vaccine drive in the opening days of Phase Two has exposed supply bottlenecks leading to an apology from Prime Minister Prayut Chan ocha. It has also seen 28 people die after receiving a vaccine with the Department of Disease Control ruling out 12 immediately as not linked to the doses while 16 are under investigation.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) revealed on Wednesday that in the previous two opening days of Phase Two of the government’s vaccine drive, no less than 888,975 vaccines were administered to the public bringing the total vaccination rate with one dose to 5.2% of the population with 2% fully vaccinated

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/10/bottlenecks-as-28-die-after-vaccination/

• Sad 1

888,975 vaccinated since June 7ths mass rollout.  Are the 29 deaths so far just since the 7th or are those the total deaths so far from the entire vaccination drive which started 2 months ago and having so far just a tad over 4 million vaccinated so far.

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 43 deaths, 2,310 new infections

COVID10.jpg
FILE PHOTO: Government officials in face masks attend a preparation of the Central Vaccination Center as the country deals with a fresh wave of the infections after tackling earlier outbreaks of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Bangkok, Thailand, May 21, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File Photo

Thailand on Thursday (June 10) reported 2,310 new COVID-19 cases and 43 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220046-covid-19-thailand-reports-43-deaths-2310-new-infections/

//CLOSED//

/Admin