Thailand reports 4,161 new COVID-19 cases, 51 more deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Okaaay, so closing construction camps takes care of the workers there. They will all catch Covid and no longer be infectious by the time the camps open again….kind of.

and the other 27 active clusters?

Yes looks to be the aim of their typical bubble and seal tactic. No need to test now, let them catch covid and get herd immunity, the sickest can be carted off to an ICU if there are any available.

• Like 2

Although only about 10 percent of Thailand’s adult population has had a COVID-19 jab so far, moves to find “booster” doses are already underway.

Only two brands of vaccine are currently available in Thailand, AstraZeneca and Sinovac, and both require two doses for full inoculation. However, the emergence of several variants of the virus is putting even fully vaccinated people at risk.

Hence, medical experts say it may be time for Thailand to consider providing a booster.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/will-booster-jab-offer-better-protection-against-variants/

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Although only about 10 percent of Thailand’s adult population has had a COVID-19 jab so far, moves to find “booster” doses are already underway.

Only two brands of vaccine are currently available in Thailand, AstraZeneca and Sinovac, and both require two doses for full inoculation. However, the emergence of several variants of the virus is putting even fully vaccinated people at risk.

Hence, medical experts say it may be time for Thailand to consider providing a booster.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/will-booster-jab-offer-better-protection-against-variants/

I would ask that if one were to mix the AZ vaccination with a second of Moderna, being that that ones an MRNA vaccine, if it would give top performance, asking for my friends dog.....

• Like 2

Troops monitor construction camps to ensure nobody heads home

Troops were deployed on Saturday to monitor all workers’ camps in Bangkok and its vicinity to ensure nobody escapes before the camps go under lockdown next week.

Worried that workers will head to their hometowns and spread the virus further, Defence Forces chief General Chalermpol Srisawat ordered troops to monitor all camps.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002489

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Not a chance those figures for Chiang Mai are remotely accurate. What is going on up there? is there no testing at all?

Your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe there are no tests because they shipped them all to Phuket for the upcoming sandbox debacle.  You know they need 4 tests for each Tourist in a 14 day period.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

These are terrible numbers. We’ll have to see the hospital walk-in admissions to see if hospitals have capped testing.

Hospitals are not testing, people are coming in to hospitals because they are sick, they are being diagnosed as suffering from the Covid virus. Testing is only being done when a cluster emerges. There are approx 5-8,000 tests being carried out. The figures are simple 10% of all people tested are found to have Covid. Now multiply that by the number of adults nationwide and you’ll get the figure That have Covid.

69 million people, so let’s be generous, 3.5 million people will have Covid. (Not including kids).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suicide at the field hospital?

Myanmar man falls to death from second floor of Bang Khun Thian field hospital

Officials discovered the body of a 31-year-old Myanmar national on the flooded ground floor of the 7-storey Bang Khun Thian Geriatric Hospital on Saturday.

Hospital staff said the deceased had contracted the virus from a cluster in Bangkok’s Asok area and had been sent to the hospital for treatment. A witness reportedly said he saw the deceased fall from the second floor to the puddle below.

The body has been sent to Siriraj Hospital for autopsy. Police have not ruled out suicide or accident for the death.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002492

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would ask that if one were to mix the AZ vaccination with a second of Moderna, being that that ones an MRNA vaccine, if it would give top performance, asking for my friends dog.....

It is the exact mix that Angela Merkel just completed.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Troops monitor construction camps to ensure nobody heads home

Troops were deployed on Saturday to monitor all workers’ camps in Bangkok and its vicinity to ensure nobody escapes before the camps go under lockdown next week.

This does clarify what "camps shut down" means. Want to bet how many workers had a heads up, or spotted something that suggested the arrival of soldiers, and took off ?

~o:37;

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

But Anutin stated months ago, that the people were not to worry, as Thailand had the 5 th best Medical Care Facilities in the World.

If that is the case, where are they, and why are they not being wheeled out right now while the case loads are fairly small.

4000 / Day is still a small case load IMO, after the many Thousands per Day the UK, US Etc have experienced.

Only 4000 per Day, and the system is falling apart already.

What is it going to get like when the case loads reach 20,000 per Day

Who? Oh, you mean the health minister that some people used to listen to, before he lost 100% of the small amount of credibility he once had? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Suicide at the field hospital?

Myanmar man falls to death from second floor of Bang Khun Thian field hospital

Officials discovered the body of a 31-year-old Myanmar national on the flooded ground floor of the 7-storey Bang Khun Thian Geriatric Hospital on Saturday.

Hospital staff said the deceased had contracted the virus from a cluster in Bangkok’s Asok area and had been sent to the hospital for treatment. A witness reportedly said he saw the deceased fall from the second floor to the puddle below.

The body has been sent to Siriraj Hospital for autopsy. Police have not ruled out suicide or accident for the death.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002492

Second floor and I guess this is American English is a very survivable fall. 5 metres? This is not usually fatal. Interesting. I wonder who the witness was.

23 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

"Cold viruses" is just a grab-bag name for different kinds of viruses.  Not all colds are caused by coronaviruses; some are caused by rhinoviruses, etc.  So when you say that SARS-CoV-2 is "a common cold virus" you're saying something that's misleading and tendentious (because it plays down the pandemic's severity) all at the same time.

Also, my understanding is that if you become sick with COVID-19, you won't necessarily have cold symptoms.  You may notice nothing until you find your lungs screaming and your breath coming up short as you rapidly become too weak to walk from the pneumonia.

When I say Sars Cov 2 is a common cold virus what I'm saying is that common cold viruses can be just as devastating as flu viruses can be and have been, if you want to interpret what I say as down playing the severity of the pandemic then you would be incorrect, you could ask me what I mean before guessing what I mean.If I want to down play the severity of the pandemic I don't need to go about it in a round about way I would just come out and say it.Just to make it abundantly clear I will say the common cold viruses can be just as dangerous and devastating as the flu has been in the past.If you want to down play the severity of common cold viruses like the corona virus family of viruses that's your choice.By the way I know what it's like to have screaming lungs as I have had them and I can assure you it's quite unpleasant. 

Phuket have 4 new infection, nice to know how many test they have made and how many they have send home whitout test! If they find 20+ PM and others have to play sand by themself!

Edited by 2 is 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes. Do you know if she had any underlying health conditions? Very unusual for someone so young to die from Covid alone.

Whether she did or not, it was tragic and her parents will be distraught. Its enough for them to know the reasons not us to try and delve into them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I didn't say Sars Cov 2 was a flu I said it was a common cold virus so I don't know why you are talking about this aspect of it, if I did say it was a flu I would understand why you say this.I've heard several people refer to this as a seasonal disease especially in the colder climates where people tend to gather indoors more as they do with the flu.Again I didn't make any claim that the two viruses mutate the same way so you seem to be going off tangent somewhat.

Covid-19 is not a common cold virus. 

I can't believe I have to write this. 

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Covid-19 patient dies after waiting 1 week for ICU bed

As Bangkok faces a health crisis of bed shortages for Covid-19 patients, one woman died after waiting a week to be assigned an ICU bed. The woman was 38 years old from Laos and lived in Ban Krua Nuea in Bangkok. She suspected that she caught Covid-19 at her work selling clothes around Pratunam Market.

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/covid-19-patient-dies-after-waiting-1-week-for-icu-bed

That's a sad story that indicates people's fear that the India scenario would come to Thailand has become a sad terrifying reality. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

When I say Sars Cov 2 is a common cold virus what I'm saying is that common cold viruses can be just as devastating as flu viruses can be and have been, if you want to interpret what I say as down playing the severity of the pandemic then you would be incorrect, you could ask me what I mean before guessing what I mean.If I want to down play the severity of the pandemic I don't need to go about it in a round about way I would just come out and say it.Just to make it abundantly clear I will say the common cold viruses can be just as dangerous and devastating as the flu has been in the past.If you want to down play the severity of common cold viruses like the corona virus family of viruses that's your choice.By the way I know what it's like to have screaming lungs as I have had them and I can assure you it's quite unpleasant. 

Not all cold viruses are coronaviruses. 

Not all coronaviruses are Covid-19. 

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Phuket have 4 new infection, nice to know how many test they have made and how many they have sent home whitout test! If they find 20+ PM and others have to play sand bye themself!

Its never published how many tests are carried out in Phuket, I've certainly never seen any pro active testing being carried out and I know of nobody who has seen them since the outbreaks at the clubs.

Its all very quiet on that front, minimal details given out.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thai senator, present at recent major Parliament referendum meetings, tests positive for Covid-19

Lt. General Lertrit Wechsawan, a 74-year-old Thai senator, has tested positive for Covid-19 according to his own statements. This follows major meetings held at the Thai Parliament this week attended by the majority of the MP’S and senators around government referendum voting.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/26/thai-senator-present-at-recent-major-parliament-referendum-meetings-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

He surely has been vaccinated. Two jabs of what I wonder and which strain has he got?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Covid-19 is not a common cold virus. 

I can't believe I have to write this. 

You are correct because covid is not any sort of virus no wonder you can't believe you have to write that.Covid is the disease that is caused by the Sars Cov 2 virus.