Are you wearing a face mask in your car?

giddyup

7 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Do you:

1. Wear a mask in your own car when driving alone

2. Wear a mask when driving with passengers

3. Wear a gimp mask in bed

4. Have windscreen tint so dark only radar could see if you're wearing a mask

5. Think cars are for poseurs

6. Wear a matching mask and Mankini set on Pattaya Beach

1. No

2.No

3. Yes, but only when the wife is horny

4. No

5. No

6. YES!!!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:
9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Tint on windscreens has been banned in most countries for a good reason. I have a light tint on my side and back windows and find I have to roll down a window in underground parking areas that aren't well lit, and that's in daytime. At night a tinted front windscreen is hazardous.

Read and educate your viewpoint.

Pull the other one. I can guarantee the window tints available in Fredericksburg, VA 22401 are all legal in Virginia and the USA. Even the last paragraph says it all.

"The truth is that this is only a concern with extreme window tints. Tints that are dark enough to limit your visibility are actually illegal, so you do not have to worry about them. ..."

Hello? This is Thailand. No Thai policemen wrote a ticket for a window tint being too dark.

Ever.

PS: You can't drive into Malaysia if you have any after-market tint on the glass. That should be enough evidence for you.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

but there are limits to obeying arbitrary useless rules.

Well said

So what's your limits? 50,000 baht? 100,000 baht? Any advance on 100,000 baht.

It's ONLY a bloody face mask for Chrisakes. nobody's taking away your civil liberties and they don't give a toss if you think the rules are arbitrary or useless.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So what's your limits? 50,000 baht? 100,000 baht? Any advance on 100,000 baht.

It's ONLY a bloody face mask for Chrisakes. nobody's taking away your civil liberties and they don't give a toss if you think the rules are arbitrary or useless.

Actually, they ARE taking away OUR civil liberties.

And the guys I know have been fined Baht 500.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Actually, they ARE taking away OUR civil liberties.

And the guys I know have been fined Baht 500.

Oh spare us. Please.

They guys I know haven't been fined anything. Do I hear you ask why?

Because they wore their masks and didn't ponder taking anything to the human right courts and generally getting too far up themselves.

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Do you have to wear it if you are sitting on the back of a pickup? Or whilst driving a motorcycle?

Yes.... amusing thing is many Thais have a facemask but no helmet on the bikes.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, KhunBENQ said:

No. And even when driving with wife we won't cover the face.

Just hanging the mask on such a "collar" or maybe as chin warmer.

Stupid as can be. Most countries forbid any covering of face when driving.

When riding motorbike in the village also no mask.

I usually try to be "good farang" but there are limits to obeying arbitrary useless rules.

Yes it is pretty stupid wearing a mask under a full face helmet. Most of us try and do the the right thing but stupid is as stupid does.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:33 AM, Crossy said:

My understanding is if you are alone in the vehicle there's no problem.

If more than one in the car then masks required by all.

It you wear mask if you have more then two in the vehicle meaning three people or more. 

8 hours ago, tonray said:

"Are you wearing a face mask in your car?"

Only when I'm planning to knock over a bank.

I do remember the first time I had to don a mask in order to be allowed to enter the bank; quite a surreal experience.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 10:56 AM, Skallywag said:

No one needs a car in Pattaya.  Plenty of traffic and pollution from all the food and package delivery people already (people with jobs who have to drive)

Just walk around and if you see a motorcycle police coming, put the mask on quickly. 

Works for me 

☮️

I geuss you have eyes in the back of your head . 

On 6/28/2021 at 10:37 AM, bkk6060 said:

They are stopping people at the dolphin circle on bicycles, motorbikes, walking without masks and appear to be writing citations.  3 to 4 cops.  I have seen some cars pulled over there also but not sure the reason.   Crossy's post makes sense and seems the best precaution.  

Its nice to know they havent lost there pitch at the dolphin,cant see it being as big an earner pre covid tho,to answer the op i dont wear my mask in the car bike or when im jogging along the beach.

We live in Chiang Mai where, I hope, critical thinking is being applied. I do not look for any confrontations. I would explain my reasoning to the officer, his supervisor if necessary and then to a Thai courtroom if needed. I do not wear in my house, nor in my yard for that matter. Not in my car with all windows up, no matter if alone or just immediate family as we live together. Not under my fullface helmet (worn without fail) on my motorbike. Anytime I step out of my car, off the motorbike … the mask goes on …

????

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes it is pretty stupid wearing a mask under a full face helmet. Most of us try and do the the right thing but stupid is as stupid does.

If you have one of the more expensive full face helmets, try putting it on after you are masked up and see what happens to the mask. ????

Edited by possum1931

16 hours ago, vandeventer said:

It might be stupid to be having to place it on and off along with the helmet, and people less pernickety might not be as bothered. I think a full face helmet is unnecessary here and stifling, and the fact I use a small bike.... but pre covid I was wearing a mask for the fumes and pollution.

Stupid is worrying about how others handle things.

16 hours ago, arick said:

It you wear mask if you have more then two in the vehicle meaning three people or more. 

Great isn't it, I can swap spit and bodily fluids with my wife within the confines of our house but if we get in a car together we have to wear a mask...

Idiot logic at its finest !!

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 8:37 PM, bkk6060 said:

They are stopping people at the dolphin circle on bicycles, motorbikes, walking without masks and appear to be writing citations.  3 to 4 cops.  I have seen some cars pulled over there also but not sure the reason.   Crossy's post makes sense and seems the best precaution.  

I would think being cautious is best. Just wear the darn thing. or draw it on your face. 555

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:39 AM, Kerryd said:

Annoying as **** but it's the rule (for now). At the very least, have it on and covering your mouth. Then if you see a cop, just lift it over your nose.

If I recall, the fine for not wearing a mask is something like 20,000 - per person !!

and just how many have been stopped and fined the 20 k????