COVID alert for high-risk contacts on Bangkok-Phuket flight

webfact

1625052281_1-org.jpg

Image: Phuket Official Info Center

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket officials have issued an alert for any passengers on a flight from Bangkok to Phuket on June 25 to present themselves for a COVID test at their nearest government hospital.

The alert was issued by the Official Phuket Information Center just before 5pm today (June 30).

The flight of concern was Vietjet Airlines flight VZ314 traveling last Friday (June 25), departing Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok at 7:20am and landing in Phuket at 8:40am

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/covid-alert-for-high-risk-contacts-on-bangkok-phuket-flight-80513.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-01

• Haha 1

Exactly what are these people lacking ?

This is about the 4 th or 5 th such alert for BKK to Phuket Domestic flights over the last 3 months or so.

Is there no testing, or any safety requirements to fly out of BKK, although its a Petri Dish 

Phuket will get its fair share of Covid for sure in weeks to come, and it wont be from the Vaccinated Foreign Tourists, who are there to take the flak only. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Exactly what are these people lacking ?

This is about the 4 th or 5 th such alert for BKK to Phuket Domestic flights over the last 3 months or so.

Is there no testing, or any safety requirements to fly out of BKK, although its a Petri Dish 

Phuket will get its fair share of Covid for sure in weeks to come, and it wont be from the Vaccinated Foreign Tourists, who are there to take the flak only. 

The safety requirement to enter Phuket is a valid vax certificate seasoned for at least 14 days or a negative test within last 7 days,

Restaurants are closed in BKK. Phuket is 800 THB away. Restaurants and every bar that meanwhile applied for a restaurant licence are open. Hotels are still cheap. All you need is a PCR Test. As long as test results are send to you as unsecured PDF it's easy to make corrections to wrong dates and misspelled names. Here we go - escape the lockdown and have a weekend on Phuket for about 3000 THB. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I never understand why these type of alerts always refer specifically to the airplane seat numbers, as though those are the people at risk.

What about who the infected person sat next to in the departure lounge? On the bus to the plane (if there was one), in queues to buy refreshments, sitting in restaurants  etc, etc. there are numerous contact points where social distancing may be lax and provide opportunity to pass on the virus.

Picky, picky...........????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I never understand why these type of alerts always refer specifically to the airplane seat numbers, as though those are the people at risk.

What about who the infected person sat next to in the departure lounge? On the bus to the plane (if there was one), in queues to buy refreshments, sitting in restaurants  etc, etc. there are numerous contact points where social distancing may be lax and provide opportunity to pass on the virus.

I think those are the easiest to pinpoint but there should be an effort to trace other possible contacts as well.

Just now, kimamey said:

I think those are the easiest to pinpoint but there should be an effort to trace other possible contacts as well.

Thailand usually likes to do the easy bit and then conveniently forget the rest. This is just another example.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

The safety requirement to enter Phuket is a valid vax certificate seasoned for at least 14 days or a negative test within last 7 days,

I think it's a negative test within 72 hours for international arrivals unless I've got that wrong or it changed whilst I was taking a short toilet break. The virus must work more slowly in Thailand.