Thai police warn against civil disobedience at restaurants - threaten jail terms

webfact

30 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Let's face it, Thailand and the rest of the world are just fed up with it now, fed up with restrictions,  fed  up with the total destruction of every economy on the planet and just want to get back to normal.

Yes, and so am I and are many. This Covid has more stamina than me. I might be done in, but Covid is far from done...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Sentencing is determined by the judge.

In a conventional judicial system, where a certain "separation of powers" exists between the police and an independent judiciary.

Here however it might be said that the influence of the more senior ranks is, shall we say. considerable, and goes beyond investigating and proving guilt

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Real men do not issues constant warnings and threats.

Real men act.

Real men protect.

Real men defend their own people, and they do not sabotage the lives of others. 

I generally agree with this, but want to add one more that you missed.

Real men handle their business.

The worst place you can be in is to be waiting around reliant on someone to come and save you. Save yourself. In this situation that might mean taking a jab that's not the ideal one that you want, it might mean flying to another country to get it, or it might mean just trusting your immune system and getting on with it.

Sitting around moaning helps nobody, least of all yourself. Not sure who needs to read this, but handle your sh*t.

• Haha 1

The Police at ground level "had been using their disctetion" & paying their car payments by doing so.

Then BIG Mr Plod came along.

No interstate travel & a partial lockdown in that can only travel within a 10 KM radius of your home address without good reason.

Now open the Pubs, Restaurants (like your buddies have malls open) leave nightclubs closed,& let's get on with it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Let's face it, Thailand and the rest of the world are just fed up with it now, fed up with restrictions,  fed  up with the total destruction of every economy on the planet and just want to get back to normal.

The old normal has gone, some people have to adjust to what's happening now.

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

I generally agree with this, but want to add one more that you missed.

Real men handle their business.

The worst place you can be in is to be waiting around reliant on someone to come and save you. Save yourself. In this situation that might mean taking a jab that's not the ideal one that you want, it might mean flying to another country to get it, or it might mean just trusting your immune system and getting on with it.

Sitting around moaning helps nobody, least of all yourself. Not sure who needs to read this, but handle your sh*t.

In handle my stuff. But there comes a time and a place when one can no longer just sit around and observe civil sabotage by guys who pretend to be guardians of the public welfare, without speaking up. Don't wanna read it? Then don't. 

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

In handle my stuff. But there comes a time and a place when one can no longer just sit around and observe civil sabotage by guys who pretend to be guardians of the public welfare, without speaking up. Don't wanna read it? Then don't. 

Apologies, I didn't mean you specifically. More of a general 'you' as a tag-on to your comment.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In 2 more years the covid pandemic will be as long as WW1 - Even in WW1 I think we had less restrictions and travel bans and there was far , far greater risk of death !

But not for the Generals....

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

yeah so, with so many unvaccinated here, you would like to see mass deaths? I say jail till covid is over any fool breaking public health laws (as 30% did in the UK, hence 150K dead)

6 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Totalitarianism 101:

Destroy small business by force of state (restaurants, bars, entertainment, outdoor markets) increase the spread of Covid - no science is needed - it's accepted fact by those who control the current reality).

Transfer the wealth of many small businesses to corporate behemoths aligned with and protected by government interests.  Indoor Malls, hypermarts, and franchises (Big C, Makro, Tesco, 7/11, et.al.) which bring high-densities of people in direct contact are Ok! (People congregating in malls, hypermarts, and franchise stores do not spread Covid - no science needed - it's accepted fact by those who control the current reality and who may have economic stakes in the corporations).

many 7/11's closing in CM

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

If you look at the charts, it seems that since they stopped serving alcohol around April, cases have skyrocketed.

Now they've closed dine-in altogether these last few days, they have rocketed further.

Coincidence? I think not. More like solid evidence to open the pubs so I can have a Steak and Chips with a few cold ones while watching England win the Euros.

It's coming Home.... ????

I hope not, if England win the Euros, we won't stop hearing about it constantly for the next 50 odd years.