1,300 tourists arrive during first 3 days of Phuket Sandbox - 12,000 arrivals expected in July

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, pagallim said:

OK, I have now, hadn't seen a link to the thread before.   We know there is ambiguity there, with a direct flight from Paris arriving on the 2nd, and from the UK on the 3rd (both red list definition from the 1st).   Both the UK and Thai press having nothing on it at all.   Let's see what happens over this next week.

Already in UK press

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1455480/countries-where-britain-on-red-list-UK-evg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

I do not believe them figures, if correct where are all the photos showing the so called tourists?

Great show was made when Prayut was there, but only showed a mere handful of tourists.

No photos, no proof, why? Because it is just the usual BS.

Pilots, purser, steward/esses probably account for 10% of those figures.

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Is it me or does something appear not right with that picture as their heads do not appear to be over the bodies, almost like a poor photoshopped example ?

The photo is taken with the very wide angle lens, with the lens half submerged. The bottom of the photo is underwater, and the top in the air. I must say, very skillfully done, even with the surface aligned with the edge of the Jacuzzi.

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Is it me or does something appear not right with that picture as their heads do not appear to be over the bodies, almost like a poor photoshopped example ?

The photo is taken with the very wide angle lens, with the lens half submerged. The bottom of the photo is underwater, and the top in the air. I must say, very skillfully done, even with the surface aligned with the edge of the Jacuzzi.

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

So what?

So Its not 1300 people now is it.

Even if it is, it's a far cry from 129,000 per quarter that TAT paraded to the press. By my reckoning they will be lucky to get 40,000.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

How do you know that was how the photo was taken, where you there ?

• Confused 1

Just now, Chelseafan said:

So Its not 1300 people now is it.

Even if it is, it's a far cry from 129,000 per quarter that TAT paraded to the press. By my reckoning they will be lucky to get 40,000.

The point is that the numbers will be what they will be.

It is not a p!ssing competition, it is an experiment to see if the sandbox theory works.

6 hours ago, Excel said:

It is you. The photo is taken with a very wide angle lens, half submerged in the jacuzzi. The bottom of the photo is underwater and the top in the air. Quite skillful actually, even thin the water's surface aligned with the edge of the jacuzzi.

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The point is that the numbers will be what they will be.

It is not a p!ssing competition, it is an experiment to see if the sandbox theory works.

I never said it was so get off my back. My point is that with all the data available, flight manifests, hotel bookings etc how can the TAT the figures so wrong. How can we believe anything they say in the future?

It's hardly an experiment with such limited data.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pagallim said:

OK, I have now, hadn't seen a link to the thread before.   We know there is ambiguity there, with a direct flight from Paris arriving on the 2nd, and from the UK on the 3rd (both red list definition from the 1st).   Both the UK and Thai press having nothing on it at all.   Let's see what happens over this next week.

Shouldn’t be any ambiguity. People arriving from a red country don’t qualify as boxers so have to do ASQ.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Excel said:

How do you know that was how the photo was taken, where you there ?

I know how the photo was taken, because I have taken many similar photos myself. Half under, half over..... but the objects were generally more stimulating...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Some more examples from Google Image search

https://www.google.com/search?q=foto+half+over+half+under&client=firefox-b&sxsrf=ALeKk03GfrB70oY4d8KNjV3MtlzFSw2yoA:1625378550859&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=229tZmcQQpWSjM%2CIOrYXpyLQeok1M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQ0zIk7SD1PICbHl8kDoLP4gShoXA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjVt5j53sjxAhX0zDgGHcktCdkQ9QF6BAgGEAE&biw=1458&bih=1009#imgrc=229tZmcQQpWSjM

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

Another oddity, that article is dated the 29th June.

Yes so many oddities its amazing right, its as if people are trying to find any glimmer of hope that its just not true.

• Like 1

Just now, Excel said:

Were those too taken in Phuket which is what the thread is about ?

Oh, OK, I get what you're saying. Photos taken on Phuket all look different from the rest of the world. Just because you showed your ignorance, and was corrected, you gonna start an argument.

TROLL!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I personally have no feelings either way, other than sympathy for those who's livelihoods have disappeared and are in desperate need of welfare support.   I've felt for a long time that nobody should be contemplating an overseas holiday or foreign travel unless it's absolutely essential or an emergency.   The risk factors both to themselves and to others are just not worth taking.

Likewise, apologies if I was insinuating a view that should not have been attributed to you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I never said it was so get off my back. My point is that with all the data available, flight manifests, hotel bookings etc how can the TAT the figures so wrong. How can we believe anything they say in the future?

It's hardly an experiment with such limited data.

I am not on your back.... you are not that interesting.

My question was a simple "so what" because the exact numbers are an irrelevance.

2 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Pilots, purser, steward/esses probably account for 10% of those figures.

No,  the crews and aircraft are on a. triangular route So the crews will slip/rest/stopover. in BKK

• Thanks 1