Thailand reports 5,916 new COVID-19 cases, 44 more deaths

Regarding the Delta variant. I've just been looking at stats & graphs from India, seems the Delta variant is rapidly declining. It hit a peak in early May and has dropped off significantly since. Is this correct?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think contact tracing is a pipe dream at the moment with the high caseload. I remember a SG acquaintance who got covid in the early days. (just for the record he recovered after 2 months). But with him they even went through CCTV and all it was all really time consuming. Now with the high number of cases i doubt they really put that kind of effort in it. Before they could but now.. I doubt it. That is why Chonburi is in trouble.. once cases are too high contact tracing is too time consuming. In BKK of course i doubt they do full contact tracing as cases are super high.

also by the time people get sick enough to actually go to hospital a week could have already passed

2 minutes ago, Misty said:

Verified stats in the urban areas are declining.  However, my contacts in India report that the virus has moved to rural areas. And the information flow from the rural areas is extremely low - my contacts report that testing in the rural areas is virtually nonexistent, and that not even the gov't knows the extent of the spread. 

So only the verified figures are declining. There's no good information on the actual figures.

I wonder how long before another variant shows up that makes Delta look like a walk in the park 

• Like 1

The variance is spreading who really knows the real numbers it’s like how they count road that’s in Thailand I don’t really tell you the real number meanwhile as a foreigner living here no vaccine date scheduled or hospital due to a lack of government rollout of the vaccine amazing Thailand TIT

7 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Posts like this are not welcome on here

If the post has significance and a link can prove what is written then I welcome all information as I have no agenda.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If the post has significance and a link can prove what is written then I welcome all information as I have no agenda.

Well the thread is about the covid virus, in particular the Delta variant which is currently the main variant in India and rapidly spreading in Thailand. So I say my question is significant and not off topic. As for a link, the graphs I looked at were on the WHO website, as soon as I find the page again I'll post a link. Are we OK now?

Edited by grain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

I know!  It's what I've been hoping for Thailand.  That's why I'm watching these numbers so very carefully.  

Here's hoping!  

Does Thailand have vaccination programme.

It ain't working. They need vaccine.

Can't imagine Mr Delta will blow away with the wind as Czar suggests.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Does Thailand have vaccination programme.

It ain't working. They need vaccine.

Can't imagine Mr Delta will blow away with the wind as Czar suggests.

Do they have a vaccination plan?  They have no vaccines.  If they get the vaccines they will have no vaccination plan I promise you.  They need 1,200,000 shots.  Those are needles, and people to stab people in the arm with it.  That's the programme, they haven't reached the point of even figuring that out.  Guaranteed or your money back!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, law ling said:

It would be of interest, in this daily tally of new infections and deaths, to include the number of vaccinated persons, and whether single or double (and even which vax they had).

I don't think they would do that.

If only few infections to folk vaccinated it would lower public confidence in obtaining jab. That's not good.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

If only few infections to folk vaccinated it would lower public confidence in obtaining jab. That's not good.

True, plus it takes a few weeks for the vaccine to kick in. Your not directly protected after the injection. So how to count those in that time as not vaccinated or vaccinated.

In my country we have almost only un vaccinated people ending up in the hospitals. But we don't have much of the delta strain just yet. Maybe soon as people mix with the Brits on the holiday destinations and they seem to have a lot of delta. So the young people will bring it back. (at least that is what i expect) lots of young people going on holliday now most not vaccinated.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/28/indonesian-covid-deaths-add-to-questions-over-sinovac-vaccine

Concerns over the efficacy of Sinovac and Sinopharm has exacerbated the problem of vaccine hesitancy in some countries that are reliant on Chinese-made doses. Last month the Philippine health department said the public would not be told in advance which brand of vaccines would be available at inoculation sites, after people queued up from 2am at a site they believed was offering Pfizer.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's why I've been banging on about need for gov to stop holiday makers from leaving Bangkok (where Delta taking hold) to various destinations such as Chonburi, Rayong etc.

Long weekend coming up. Should have already been in place for this weekend.

Yes but i think its almost impossible to curb the spread of delta. I mean how do you see this working. How to stop people from traveling ? Its not as if they have enough man power to check all cars. The traffic jams would be crazy. 

But i agree trying to curb the spread of delta is important but doubt it can be done. It will get worse before it will get better.