Thailand reports 5,420 new COVID-19 cases, 57 more deaths

webfact

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

With those people unable to get tested and are positive, remaining in the community spreading the virus among family, friends and close contacts. 

Just saw this posted in our elevators.  Locations to be tested for Covid in Bangkok and the dates, unfortunately it appears it is only for Thais with talking to my juristic office.

20210703_183013.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, worrab said:

I am 66 years old and luckily with no underlying conditions. But I am certainly not driving for 6 hours just to go through that rigmarole. 

I see similar posts on TV makes no sense to me.

So basically what you are saying is getting a potential life saving vaccine is not worth a 6 hour drive for you?

Seems unbelievable..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I sure hope that is a step in the right direction, rather than the result of a lack of testing.

Once the hospital admissions numbers are posted, we’ll have a better idea of why the numbers are down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I believe the correct technical term that I have seen used on this forum is “artifact”. 5555

Yes, the lower numbers today may be an artifact. If, for example, testing numbers are low, it could mean that the labs didn’t process that many tests recently.

”Artifact “ simply means that the numbers are more skewed than usual due to some issue in the testing process.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I see similar posts on TV makes no sense to me.

So basically what you are saying is getting a potential life saving vaccine is not worth a 6 hour drive for you?

Seems unbelievable..

Hang on a minute. Just think about this a bit. 6 hours drive up to register, wait in line and 6 hours back. Then 6 hours drive to get first jab after a wait before and after, then 6 hours back. Rinse and repeat for second jab!! Does that still make sense to you! As I said, I am only in the age bracket but no underlying conditions. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, worrab said:

Yes, I am registered to get my vaccination after all the Thais. (Never mind the age factor!!)  As stated in a previous post, they did one out of five days vaccinating before running out beginning of June. God alone knows when they will start again! Also registered for Moderna at a private hospital with the wife. Things are not looking rosy for those of us of all nationalities living around Bang Saphan Noi!!

At least you are out in the open lots of fresh air 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw this posted in our elevators.  Locations to be tested for Covid in Bangkok and the dates, unfortunately it appears it is only for Thais with talking to my juristic office.

20210703_183013.jpg

Elevators ,?  These days no avoidable risk is acceptable - Take the stairs.

Given the ongoing reports that people are being refused testing due to lack of available beds. I think it’s fair to say the case numbers are now utterly meaningless and do not represent a true reflection of the current situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Elevators ,?  These days no avoidable risk is acceptable - Take the stairs.

45 stories of stairs, sure.  No one in the elevators most of the time, plus you have to be masked everywhere in the building, except your unit.

• Like 1

Yala being left to fend for itself seeks its own funding for vaccines and medical materials

Setting Up of COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for Yala Residents

The Yala City Municipality has joined hands with the private sector and civil society in setting up the "COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for Yala Residents” to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to Mayor of the Yala City Municipality Pongsak Yingchoncharoen, the number of COVID-19 patients in Mueang district is the highest of all districts in Yala. Aware of the need to urgently contain the spread of the virus and enable local people to lead their life as usual, various organizations in Yala agreed to set up the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for Yala Residents.

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11510&filename=index#.YOKxd8AY5ZM.twitter

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Intervac website has been updated with the promise of vaccines becoming available for foreigners age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions:

Screenshot_10.jpg.52653443369154a274b5acb50747c4e7.jpg

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

This time, the latest version appears to abandon having foreign nationals make appointments online at the government website, and instead appears to be directing foreigners to contact and book appointments directly thru the two hospitals.

It may come as a surprise there foreigners outside Bangkok! Hardy a solution is it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yala being left to fend for itself seeks its own funding for vaccines and medical materials

The Yala City Municipality has joined hands with the private sector and civil society in setting up the "COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for Yala Residents” to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to Mayor of the Yala City Municipality Pongsak Yingchoncharoen, the number of COVID-19 patients in Mueang district is the highest of all districts in Yala. Aware of the need to urgently contain the spread of the virus and enable local people to lead their life as usual, various organizations in Yala agreed to set up the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for Yala Residents.

The fund will be used to buy more vaccines, apart from those provided by the Government. It will also be spent on medical materials and other costs for public services. The objective is to achieve herd immunity in the province as soon as possible.

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11510&filename=index#.YOKxd8AY5ZM.twitter

Just insane

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, worrab said:

Yes, I am registered to get my vaccination after all the Thais. (Never mind the age factor!!)  As stated in a previous post, they did one out of five days vaccinating before running out beginning of June. God alone knows when they will start again! Also registered for Moderna at a private hospital with the wife. Things are not looking rosy for those of us of all nationalities living around Bang Saphan Noi!!

Not much better in PKK but at least a promise of being seen too in August with AZ

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

45 stories of stairs, sure.  No one in the elevators most of the time, plus you have to be masked everywhere in the building, except your unit.

After a year, we have met no more than 10 people, at a guess, on the 'lifts'..........in a condo with 480 rooms.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The fund will be used to buy more vaccines, apart from those provided by the Government. It will also be spent on medical materials and other costs for public services. The objective is to achieve herd immunity in the province as soon as possible.

Talk about loss of face for the Govt. This is saying your useless and we have to do it ourselves. Let's just hope money is used for what's intended and doesn't find it's way into pockets.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Talk about loss of face for the Govt. This is saying your useless and we have to do it ourselves. Let's just hope money is used for what's intended and doesn't find it's way into pockets.

The central government in the past pretty well shot down some rumblings by local jurisdictions about wanting to go out and seek to acquire their own vaccines....

Not sure what the central govt. policy on that is these days...  What day of the week is it???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My friend in Chonburi has all the symptoms of CV19 and has been asking nearby hospitals if he can go for a test, stock response has been "you need an appointment, we very busy" with a lot of obfuscation and then no confirmed date or time available. 

He's off to the hospital today hopefully he can pressure them to get a test in person.

Hope your friend will be ok. This scenario is now being played out across Thailand. Real infection numbers at X10 may very well be an underestimate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My friend in Chonburi has all the symptoms of CV19 and has been asking nearby hospitals if he can go for a test, stock response has been "you need an appointment, we very busy" with a lot of obfuscation and then no confirmed date or time available. 

He's off to the hospital today hopefully he can pressure them to get a test in person.

My colleague is self-isolating in his condo with 3 young kids, all of whom have had Covid symptoms.  His wife is in hospital with Covid, after being tested while there for another reason.  The hospital have advised them all to remain in self-isolation and not to get tested.  The kids got over their symptoms in a day or so, my colleague felt rather sick for a while but is feeling better now.  His wife is due to be released from hospital in a few days.

• Like 1