Thailand reports 5,420 new COVID-19 cases, 57 more deaths

webfact

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True.  So when do you think schools should be re-opened?  Do you think education should be considered a special case?

Vaccinate the populace, the teachers and the parents, then re-open the schools.  Will there still be cases of kids or staff catching Covid of course, but if the model being used in the US and in Europe and the UK is followed the exposures and cases will be minimal.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

How reliable are the numbers from Burma?

Not at all. Until recently they were in the 10s - an obviously absurd figure given the country's geopolitical location and the Covid situation amongst its neighbours. Which makes the recent upsurge all the more concerning. If they are now reporting thousands, it suggests that the true numbers of new cases must be absolutely hellish.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Vaccinate the populace, the teachers and the parents, then re-open the schools.  Will there still be cases of kids or staff catching Covid of course, but if the model being used in the US and in Europe and the UK is followed the exposures and cases will be minimal.

Sounds good to me, except how long will it take to vaccinate Thailand's populace?  I don't have much faith in this, and suspect it will be many months, possibly years, and possibly impossible to achieve.  I don't think the Thai government will (or can) keep schools closed for that long and I truly hope they don't!

• Sad 1

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Sounds good to me, except how long will it take to vaccinate Thailand's populace?  I don't have much faith in this, and suspect it will be many months, possibly years, and possibly impossible to achieve.  I don't think the Thai government will (or can) keep schools closed for that long and I truly hope they don't!

We are in total agreement, maybe the 20 million Pfizer vaccines the cabinet of this government just approved for purchase will start the process in October, but until then what the hell do we do with our kids and school.

thailand numbers are fake

if you go to detention for  2 week, NOBODY IN HELL WOULD GO FREELY TO A TEST

i dont know anybody in thai was at a test ( exp. people arriving from abroad)

numbers sure 4 time higher or more

who cares , here we had 60k per day on same population like thailand ( 80mb) , and good luck no strict lockdowns  (exp 2 weeks in 15 month) and for tourism was always open and all tourist was  free to move at any time , and measmurments only for locals-residents.

happy was not in thailand ,absolut  not reliable and crazy changing every day stupid anouncments , like a casper cabinett

push up vaccination and stop lockdowns worldwide emedently, the price is much to high for the lockdowns incase of financials, suicides,hungerdeath,and other related issues due to lockdowns

poor thailand 

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

We are in total agreement, maybe the 20 million Pfizer vaccines the cabinet of this government just approved for purchase will start the process in October, but until then what the hell do we do with our kids and school.

dont let them go play motorbikes than they safe already. dont bet on october...life goes on

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, lapamita said:

thailand numbers are fake

if you go to detention for  2 week, NOBODY IN HELL WOULD GO FREELY TO A TEST

i dont know anybody in thai was at a test ( exp. people arriving from abroad)

numbers sure 4 time higher or more

who cares , here we had 60k per day on same population like thailand ( 80mb) , and good luck no strict lockdowns  (exp 2 weeks in 15 month) and for tourism was always open and all tourist was  free to move at any time , and measmurments only for locals-residents.

happy was not in thailand ,absolut  not reliable and crazy changing every day stupid anouncments , like a casper cabinett

push up vaccination and stop lockdowns worldwide emedently, the price is much to high for the lockdowns incase of financials, suicides,hungerdeath,and other related issues due to lockdowns

poor thailand 

I have heard that sometimes help if you lay down on belly.

29 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Adviser to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Clin. Prof. Dr. Udom Kachintorn, says medical workers who have received two Sinovac doses, will receive a third vaccine shot, also known as a booster, due to the spread of the Delta variant in many areas.

Clin. Prof. Dr. Udom said that the Delta variant, which was first detected in India, is spreading in 96 countries. Two months ago, 85 to 90 percent of COVID-19 infections in Thailand were the Alpha variant, which was first discovered in the United Kingdom (UK). In June and July, 30 percent of the infections in Thailand are the Delta variant. Its transmission rate is very high. Fifty percent of the infections are the Delta variant in greater Bangkok.

The Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines are 92 to 96 percent effective in preventing serious illness. There is little information on the Sinovac vaccine, but it is still 90 percent effective in preventing serious illness and death.

More:

Not True about Sinovac, Even China has said 2 jabs is not strong enough to stop Delta and they still haven't come out with a study about a booster to strengthen against Delta  

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I sure hope that is a step in the right direction, rather than the result of a lack of testing.

More like a drop in testing, walk-in's into hospital seem to be on the rise.

Numbers don't match up to the real picture.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure what that works out at per dose?

The government said on Tuesday that they have spent 6.1 billion baht on 10.9 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine. The revelation comes as questions mount over the vaccine’s efficacy against the Delta variant.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1412330352719265796

Bt560 per shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Bt560 per shot.

EU prizes:

Oxford/AstraZeneca: 1,78 € 

Johnson & Johnson: 8,50 $ 

Sanofi/GSK: 7,56 €

CureVac: 10 € 

Pfizer/BioNTech: 12 € 

Moderna: 18 $ 

So AZ cost in EU is aroud 68 bth! Can say <deleted> , how they pay so much. Pfizer cost 456 bth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Todays numbers in no way whatsoever reflect reality.

In Amazing Thailand, reality reflects numbers ... numbers massaged, buffed, polished, to a high sheen ... so they fit seamlessly in the "everything is fine" fairy-tale.

~o:37;

I use to watch the Thai version of the covid press conference(the new normal) for the stats on each province .  They stopped showing the results  cause they were in their opinion ,minuscule at the time before the workers came back to roost !

The provinces in the  (Northeast ) generally would be between 20 to 50 positive cases per day. My province never went above 9. Different story now !

อาจเป็นรูปภาพของ ข้อความพูดว่า "NBT WORLD Domestic COVID-19 cases in Thailand on Tuesday July 6, 2021 NORTH EAST Kalasin Khon Kaen Chaiyaphum Nakhon Phanom Nakhon Ratchasima Bueng Kan Buri Ram Maha Sarakham Mukdahan Yasothon 18 21 25 30 55 1 44 36 6 37 Roi Et Loei Si Sa Ket Sakon Nakhon Surin Nong Bua Lamphu Amnat Charoen Udon Thani Ubon Ratchathani 55 18 33 22 48 5 21 20 54 Total: 549"

Edited by riclag

#PhuketSandbox #COVID19 UPDATE: Two new local cases for today with 46 patients still in hospital. No imported cases so far.

Day 1 - 4 cases

Day 2 - 7 cases

Day 3 - 2 cases

Day 4 - 2 cases

Day 5 - 3 cases

Day 6 - 2 cases <— Today

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412367522406440964

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

#PhuketSandbox #COVID19 UPDATE: Two new local cases for today with 46 patients still in hospital. No imported cases so far.

Day 1 - 4 cases

Day 2 - 7 cases

Day 3 - 2 cases

Day 4 - 2 cases

Day 5 - 3 cases

Day 6 - 2 cases <— Today

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412367522406440964

They would NEVER admit to imported case in their cute little sandbox

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, club said:

They would NEVER admit to imported case in their cute little sandbox

Why they not? These donks can show that they box actualy works if they find imported case.

And they really cant hide if there is! Only feel sorry if some tourist get covid , hope there is much "normal" hospital beds available.

4 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why they not? These donks can show that they box actualy works if they find imported case.

And they really cant hide if there is! Only feel sorry if some tourist get covid , hope there is much "normal" hospital beds available.

They are going to find imported cases because Tourist were told by Thai government that only one jab of AZ was needed to enter Thailand. That gives you 33% protection against the Delta Variant and Thailand has the nerve to call this full vaccination. This  is taking over Thailand. 2 jabs of AZ is over 90 %. Why they not ? Because you like this government dont understand what your in for. Why not tell tourist to take 2 jabs of AZ? It would take to long since Thailand is more interested in Money then human lives   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, club said:

Not True about Sinovac, Even China has said 2 jabs is not strong enough to stop Delta and they still haven't come out with a study about a booster to strengthen against Delta  

Third jab for booster they worked out to be Phiezer, I wonder if they repackaging now.

• Like 1