Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

1 hour ago, connda said:

Even in the age demographics I belong to the chances of "dying" from Covid a less than 1 out of 100 and that's using CDC stats.  You people worry too much.  Try losing weight, get your health under control, eat right, exercise, and try living instead of worrying about dying.  You'll die soon enough.  Probably not from Covid.

The risk is low, and all the more lower because of the various lockdowns implemented. How many people would have died without lockdowns and the epidemic diffusion left unhindered? 

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No you said how many people die from starvation, poverty or suicide through a lockdown. I have already replied to that specific point. 

Now you are moving the goal posts to include the economy and people who you claim cannot visit hospitals because of covid. 

Originally I said "It would be good to know number of deaths per million caused by lockdowns, i.e. poverty, suicides etc."

I haven't moved any goalposts. Anyway, this is not a competition. I'm just pointing out that these factors should be taken into account. If you think they should be ignored, that's up to you. 

The reality of the situation is to VACCINATE, VACCINATE, VACCINATE!  That's the only viable solution out of the pandemic!  Lockdowns haven't worked to solve the problem in the past...& they won't work to solve it in the future!  The lockdowns just make things worse for everyone as folks will still get Covid, but now they will also have to deal with economic reality of becoming broke and destitute from the lockdowns while continuing to suffer from the ongoing ravages of the disease!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Originally I said "It would be good to know number of deaths per million caused by lockdowns, i.e. poverty, suicides etc."

I haven't moved any goalposts. Anyway, this is not a competition. I'm just pointing out that these factors should be taken into account. If you think they should be ignored, that's up to you. 

I hardly ignored it if you bothered to read my posts. Regards "etc" then yes that can be a never ending list. So that is indeed ignored. So yes up to me

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You assume there are deaths by millions? Where did you get that from? Excess deaths statistics are widely available, the number of deaths is usually slightly above the number of Covid deaths but there's no sign of millions of deaths.

Thailand is a particular case, as the statistical system is not so reliable. Let's take the case of the U.S. where suicide deaths issues because of Covid-19 have been evoked ad nauseum: I recently checked the available statistics and there's about the same rate of suicide in 2020 as in 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

are you sure about it? do you even know what is going on in all thailand?

anyway, when i said starvation i meant poverty, depresion, desperation, ext.

i once asked a poor girl from isarn what the people there do if they need expensive

health care or special diet ext. and they cannot afford it?

she answered innocently: they die.

this is indeed what happans to many poor people when they get a serious illness, or need more nutrition than the twice daily som tam. but nobody counts them. the statistics are just

lies.

Ahhh  you meant life in general ? fair enough, its no different all over the world though really,plenty on the poverty line, depressed, desperate  etc literally most planet falls into those categories,1st 2nd or 3rd world.

Sure people die, Its just reality but starvation in the dictionary term  i assure you is not a thing in Thailand 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J Town said:

How about considering vaccinating ALL folks living in Thailand?

You sir are a genius, it's radical thinking like this that may get us out of this <deleted>. I'd vote for you

Seriously though, even if when vaccines become available it will be Sinovac. My missus and family have already said they aint taking it and are on the list for Moderna. According to her, many of her friends are thinking along the same lines.

Edited by Chelseafan

If Lockdown Paradise 4.0 occurs, all of you P.O'd expats have my sympathy and best wishes. Were it not for my daughter and son-in-law to give birth to two beautifully awesome twin daughters in Oct. 2019, I would have been back in LOS before then...and STUCK there same as you. I was all set to move back to LOS in May 2019 where I lived and worked before from 2005-2011. Fate is a funny thing and being a grandpa for two amazing little girls is an awesome thing. Makes the USA much more tolerable.

Hang in there guys and gals...this too shall pass.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Another one would mean another curfew and even more hardship.

It was not a question of avoiding a lockdown but that people advocating it have to realise the knock on effect on places that are not locked down and that all angles, and all people have to be considered in such a big decision. 

Thank you for your consideration

You know at reading these comments it looks like you all want a lockdown. I know that 75 people dying is not good. But for once i agree with the General  Lots of people are doing it tough in Thailand and they have to look at how badly it will affect peoples lives  Has anyone of you even considered how many business people have committed suicide because of this They have lost everything  It is well and truly in the 100s who have committed suicide Its easy to go into lockdown but the side affects are truly horrendous So its not an easy decision for them.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ubonhero64 said:

You know at reading these comments it looks like you all want a lockdown. I know that 75 people dying is not good. But for once i agree with the General  Lots of people are doing it tough in Thailand and they have to look at how badly it will affect peoples lives  Has anyone of you even considered how many business people have committed suicide because of this They have lost everything  It is well and truly in the 100s who have committed suicide Its easy to go into lockdown but the side affects are truly horrendous So its not an easy decision for them.

Yet vaccinating the masses is the right thing to do and should have been done months ago instead of dragging their feet.  These folks have created the issue, and allowed its mass spread by inviting travel throughout the country.  Tell us again what the right thing to do is.  This government does not have the money to spend to assist people but they sure have the funds to fund tanks, submarines, and a space program, as well as funding high speed rail, all of which could be put on the back burner and the peoples needs met first.....Sad reality as no matter what the people are and will continue to suffer at the hands of this Junta lead government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ubonhero64 said:

Only yesterday I watched a video about suicide in Thailand, And the government Mental Health Dept is just another S/show along with the rest, 

Daily covid deaths are now greater than the road death toll.

There goes one of the pandemic deniers greatest comparative proofs!

I'll bet the same group are now screaming for free vax for themselves.

49 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Lockdown Coming soon.....

1625793095295.jpg

Yes, I am currently at my local hospital for a routine (Diabetic Clinic) visit. Nurse showed me this and said " lockdown come".

She was also horrified that I had not been vaccinated (refused 3 times) and has put me on the list - if not today, then in the next few days!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Whale said:

If they would just OK booze online ordering and delivery again I would not care, I would be happy to lock myself down as long as they want.

So you are happy just to stay at home drinking until your liver packs up, I know there are a lot of alcoholics here amongst the expats, but this post is just weird, unless it's a troll.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So you are happy just to stay at home drinking until your liver packs up, I know there are a lot of alcoholics here amongst the expats, but this post is just weird, unless it's a troll.

You are out of bible class early today!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whale said:

You are out of bible class early today!

How do you know whether have a bible class or where I worship? Anyway, I don't go to the Mosque just now because of the pandemic.

20 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Health Ministry is sending out fake news then?

"The health ministry will propose measures first to limit travel and so that people do not leave their homes unless necessary," the ministry's permanent secretary, Kiatiphum Wongrajit, told reporters, noting a halt to inter-provincial travel was also being proposed.

Other measures being proposed include closing down non-essential venues and areas that attract crowds, Kiatiphum said.

The rules would be in place for 14 days and would cover the Bangkok metropolitan area and "buffer zones", Kiatiphum said, without elaborating.

So I should not leave my home unless really necessary, but I should make a 100K round trip to my local IO for a useless, stupid 90 day report? Online reporting not reliable, trip to mix with people at my  local PO for a postal report? What a country.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Surasak said:

You forgot to include, the money is not available to purchase vaccines.

No! It is needed to keep the self elected "there will be no coup" PM and his generals offshore accounts continuing to be  topped up.

18 hours ago, mikosan said:

You must have had an interesting childhood, but I get the analogy and it's a good one.

99% of people come out fine. Apparently we have to become immortal before the governments (all) will give up these new totalatarian powers.

• Like 1