Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

Yes of course, now that the first tourists are started to arriving, why don't we welcome them with a nice lockdown? By now it's clear that there are those who are working to ensure that this emergency never ends. Business is business

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Why do they always wait until everyone has left before locking down. Have the decision makers all got investments in Hua Hin and Pattaya? They certainly did in Phuket! If the wealthy in Thailand put as much effort into procuring vaccines as they do protecting their money we would have 2 jabs for the entire population by now! Don't they realise the dystopian reality of a societal collapse or are they too busy moving funds and foreign currency reserves to off shore safe havens such as the UK property market?

That is so that there are not as many people in Bangkok that are infected so the infected number can be decreased

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Decisions decisions..

Oh gosh just wait.  Wait until they get to 10,000 + a day then maybe do something.

On the quiet it's been there for a while, just not recorded.

now they're quietly letting people get the idea infections and deaths are on the rise.

The real truth is about to come out.

But what are they going to do, lock down half the country, keep half open for commerce.

And of course keep Phuket open for tourism... how's that going to work out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Another misconception. A vaccination prevents the majority of recipients from deadly symptoms, most of the vaccines prevent 100% hospitalizations. You can still have symptoms after getting the jab and you can still transmit the virus. Until people understand that, we'll never stomp out Covid.

There is the rub.  In Thailand a positive test results in hospitalization vaccine or no.

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Worrying how many people on this forum are advocating stronger lockdowns 

It might be the only way and if that's the case then it'll have to be done.

I'm not in Thailand yet but I was there when there were the last big restrictions in April 2020 and if there are more it might stop coming back for a while longer than I'd hoped. One of the problems is that there's always doubt as to whether those making the decisions are competent to make them. If they do decide some form of lockdown then they need to make sure it's properly administered without regard to what make of vehicle you're driving and they must consider the needs of those who will be most affected financially.

How will any restrictions effect travel from Phuket for those using the sandbox to enter which was my plan? I already knew that I would need to quarantine at home when I got there but will just getting back to Mahasarakham be impossible? If I'm coming from Phuket and flying what will be the consequences of transiting through BKK since that's not possible when entering Thailand with Phuket as a final destination? Will that still be covered by the home quarantine and how will that work? There's only my wife and her mother (and 5 dogs) living there now and I could if needed keep away from them both s we have enough spare space at the moment but I still need to get from Khon Kaen airport to home so that will mean coming into close contact with my wife in the car. 

There's so many questions and I can't be the only one with similar or even worse problems.

Edited by kimamey

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

They should have suspended public transport for interprovincial travel (flights, busses, vans and trains) a long time ago.

As well as the elites going for joy rides in their cars to the beaches outside Bangkok. 

• Like 1

The only affective way that the lockdowns can work is not to advertise that they are going to start sometime in the future which gives the people time to spread all around the country before the lockdown commences. "Sorry folks but you cannot go anywhere because the lockdown started last night at midnight and you missed it" is what is needed for any lockdown to be effective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fleccer said:

Yes of course, now that the first tourists are started to arriving, why don't we welcome them with a nice lockdown? By now it's clear that there are those who are working to ensure that this emergency never ends. Business is business

Its a new ball game ,Delta ! Something that many countries are grappling with now ! It is spreading profusely through out the world and especially in Thailand ! IMOP

Edited by riclag

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It was not a question of avoiding a lockdown but that people advocating it have to realise the knock on effect on places that are not locked down and that all angles, and all people have to be considered in such a big decision. 

Of course there is a knock on effect of any Lockdown.

That is to protect the people that are not locked down from the Infection.

Again, its all about keeping Money sloshing around the Country and not the Health of the people..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That isnt a lockdown , those are restrictions .

A lock down is when you cannot leave your home , and that never happened 

And hope it NEVER does! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Decisions decisions..

Oh gosh just wait.  Wait until they get to 10,000 + a day then maybe do something.

perhaps not.. all the delays are about how to make cash and who gets what %  it takes time to organise these tea deals you know..

19 minutes ago, riclag said:

Its a new ball game ,Delta ! Something that many countries are grappling with now ! It is spreading profusely through out the world and especially in Thailand ! IMOP

So What? And how long do you plan to finish this ball game? Football matches last 90 minutes, but this has been going on for more than a year and a half. You broke the balls, enough is enough

Edited by fleccer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Ikr. It's old guys living off their pensions whose incomes and day to day lives won't change with or without stricter restrictions.

Everybody gotta sacrifice so they can drink one more beer, watch one more movie, and sit on one more patio watching the world go by one more time.

I have to say.. I majored english  but I cant put this answer to the question...

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Is this the same lockdowns that we had last year ? The ones that most Thias, and ex pats just ignored ?

Had road checkpoints all over, but always next to a slip or side road, so just go round.

No beer, no worries, just go out early morning to back door to stock up 

Had no problems riding bike or car to surrounding towns to go shopping/drinking 

Hoping this is all it is! Living in fear and under forced house arrest isn't living. It's a living Hell. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, LennyW said:

Just put a ring around Bangkok, dont let anybody out!.....oops .....too late!

Bangkok is not close to be the most dangerous place to be. 20 infected per 100k habitants, Samut Sakhon has 88 and Samut Prakhan 43. Yala down south has 27.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1221220-information-about-new-covid-19-cases-per-district/

5 hours ago, Dart12 said:

If you slowly boil a frog in water by turning up the heat slowly, he will let you cook him to death without trying to escape.

Tactic being used to instill lockdowns.

If you didn't have the news, just lived life as normal...would you even know there was anything different than the past 10 years of illnesses?

You must have had an interesting childhood, but I get the analogy and it's a good one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J Town said:

When they locked down tight the first time, it appeared to work very well. Reported cases went to zero, no hospitalizations, done and done. Then they reopened the borders without preparing a national vaccination campaign and now we're worse off then we were at the beginning.

Ofcourse there where ni reported cases , they didn't test . And it already came back in when the borders where closed . It came in thru human trafficking of those cheap labourers being used by the hi-so construction companies .

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Not only in Thailand but in many first world countries as well

Not from my perspective and lived and worked in Thailand for over 16 years. They rank near the top for me as incompetent.

I have lived and worked in 5 other countries and Thailand ranks the highest.

I guess your an apologist.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Spoke to a friend in Sydney yesterday, they extended lock down there for another week due to 18 cases one day followed by 27 cases the next.

I suspect lockdown is coming to Bangkok.

If the premier had acted straight away with the lock down they wouldn't have had this problem. In WA we go into lockdown immediately and look at the good results. Thailand is just dragging its feet, too scared to upset the rich people and they are all going to suffer big time.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not from my perspective and lived and worked in Thailand for over 16 years. They rank near the top for me as incompetent.

I have lived and worked in 5 other countries and Thailand ranks the highest.

I guess your an apologist.

No, I am not an apologist like you falsely claim, You are not the only person that has lived and worked in other countries. You should really check a lot of the other first world countries and see how many of them are just as incompetent as Thailand. What you claim as incompetent is your own personal opinion but my opinion is different to yours and in my opinion there are other countries more incompetent than Thailand at the moment, which include some so called first world countries.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, J Town said:

We were locked down for a solid six weeks, far beyond the incubation period. For all practical purposes, Covid was eradicated.

It did seem much better controlled then and there were less cases and deaths. There may well have been a lack of testing and transparency that kept the figures low but I doubt that the current increase in numbers is down to a change to aggressive testing and honesty in reporting cases and deaths. 

I'm not there now but if I were I'd support restrictions if they were well organised and would help.

• Like 1

No. money to buy vaccines?  Not foreign ones.  The group "Mor Mai Thon" petitioned parliament yesterday to buy mRNA vaccines and to disclose information about the procurement and distribution of vaccines.  Good luck on that.  The government has already said that details can't be released because the prices of the vaccines must be kept confidential.

Regarding the Pfizer vaccine to be donated, The Chulabhorn chief says that it should not be given to health care professionals as a third shot since it might discourage the populus from getting vaccinated now with a non-mRNA vaccine.  That seems to be a small problem when so many people are dying to be vaccinated with ANY vaccine to avoid serious illness.  Why not publicise the information that vaccination with any of the vaccines first and an mRNA vaccine later is the best strategy to avoid serious symptoms the soonest?  Following a Sinovac shot with a shot of a different offers very good protection.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Close interprovincial travel , close markets and see what happens before closing entire country or banning alcohol sales which clearly achieves nothing

But surely that would depend on who you are.......TIT!

• Like 1