Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Most hospitals in the Bangkok area are certainly fillled. I am just talking about efforts to squeeze in some more beds, we will see how successful they are tomorrow. 

What were admissions today and discharges today?

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't understand all this chit chat about beds. Apart from sidetrack by one poster.

Yeah why even bother to replay one poster! Even try tell 1+1=2 he say no its 3!

Half message's is hes/her's or respand those message's!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Financial Aid for Affected Operators, Workers in 6 Provinces

BANGKOK, July 8 (TNA) – The operators and workers who were affected by strict COVID-19 control measures will start to receive financial aid from the government on July 23, according to a spokesman.

Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, spokesman for the Center for Economic Situation Administration, said the assistance targeted the operators and workers whose workplaces in six provinces were closed for one month to contain COVID-19.

According to him, the cabinet approved 2.52 billion baht to help operators and workers in construction, accommodation, food, art, entertainment and recreational sectors.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-734805

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"He promised “to take good care of everyone”.

Tell that to the starving construction workers locked in and not even tested.

.... everyone in the cabinet, and all their little salim mates, that is. 

• Haha 2

Well those in charge surely managed to mess this one up badly.

Most Thais, I know (low- and middle class) will not survive another lockdown. They are all frustrated, angry and depressed with now even darker times to look forward to.

Personally, I just decided to take my son out of his private school for a year and homeschool him. No way I am paying lots of money for only online classes. Other parents are doing the same or finding cheaper schools. Of course this sadly means even more unemployment…

I can not believe how crazy this situation is now. They had so much time to prepare for vaccinations and just did nothing. Unbelievably stupid!

Anyway, not much we can do about it. Just hope not to get too sick and try to get to the other side. 

But this is going to take many YEARS for Thailand to overcome. Thailand really is amazing!

Phuket International Airport Deputy Manager Soonthorn Sakdawasit revealed the information in a press conference held at Phuket Provincial Hall that a total of 33 additional airlines have filed requests to fly into Phuket and approximately 14,000 people are expected to arrive onto the island as part of the Sandbox scheme.

It was not disclosed which airlines in particular had made the requests or from which countries they would be travelling.

However, Mr Soonthorn did confirm that approximately 14,000 have flights booked to come to Phuket between the July to October period.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158128847152050

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Financial Aid for Affected Operators, Workers in 6 Provinces

BANGKOK, July 8 (TNA) – The operators and workers who were affected by strict COVID-19 control measures will start to receive financial aid from the government on July 23, according to a spokesman.

Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, spokesman for the Center for Economic Situation Administration, said the assistance targeted the operators and workers whose workplaces in six provinces were closed for one month to contain COVID-19.

According to him, the cabinet approved 2.52 billion baht to help operators and workers in construction, accommodation, food, art, entertainment and recreational sectors.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-734805

23 days to late as many live from day to day off of their wages they get paid maybe once a month.

33 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

4,978 discharged. Out of the 7000 today how many will not get beds, how many will need to go to critical care or ICU?

Yes, The point I was going to make to the man with the name beginning with D was that discharged, afaik, includes those leaving field hospitals. And, I suppose but don’t know for sure, that admissions also cover field hospitals.

they aren’t real hospitals though. They are just containment dorms and in terms of being able to provide medical facilities, totally irrelevant.

anyway, time to move on.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like we have now reached 4 million deaths world wide due to Covid and India has now taken the top spot as far as deaths are concerned.  We can more than likely say it is because of the Delta variant that we are now seeing here in Thailand that those deaths have continued upward.  I think we are in for a rocky next couple of months.  All I can say is stay safe folks and do what's needed.

Covid Deaths Reach 4 Million as India Eclipses U.S., U.K. (msn.com)

India doesn't appear to have 'taken the top spot' according to reality. Have you omitted some important parameters from your inaccurate statement?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Screenshot_20210708_112625.jpg

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

23 days to late as many live from day to day off of their wages they get paid maybe once a month.

If more stringent measures are imposed as hinted at tomorrow then I wonder what will happen to these construction camps/sites whether they will have their imprisonment extended?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1