UK State Pensions - yet another sick joke?

From This is MoneyJuly 6th

'The elderly could receive an 8 per cent rise in the state pension to £194 a week next spring if earnings growth increases as expected in the next few months, according to the UK's official forecaster.

An 8 per cent increase would lift the annual payout to older people on the full flat rate state pension to nearly £10,100.

It would increase the old basic state pension - not including second state pension or SERPS that people built up on top - to nearly £149 a week or around £7,750 a year.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said last month:

'Our focus is to ensure fairness both for pensioners and taxpayers.'

Steven Cameron, pensions director at Aegon, says: 'The Office for Budget Responsibilities’ latest report on the economic and fiscal impact of the coronavirus pandemic makes what the pensions industry has been predicting official...State pensions are paid for by National Insurance contributions of today’s workers. So granting state pensioners a rise considerably greater than that those of working age might effectively mean that younger generations are subsidising those above state pension age.'            (Typical that the Office cannot even apparently spell?) (And doesn't today mean yesterday as well? If not, what the hell was I paying in for 40 years for?)

So then, am I expecting an unfrozen pension (after 13 years of being a 'cold shouldered' British taxpayer) and a  ........?Bonanza (1960) | Season 1 | Episode 30 | Feet of Clay | Lorne Greene |  Michael Landon | Dan Blocker - YouTube

• Sad 1

Because Bazza, as remaining EU members, that ongoing membership could have been used as leverage to shame the UK government into being "Eurocentric".

Also, your autocorrect changed "imaginative to "idiotic" when referring to my post.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good luck with it.

I never understand why and how the UK people put up with it.

Just a terrible system screwing over pensioners.  What ever happened to all the money?

The UK has the worst state pension in the developed world- in 2016 it was only worth 29% of average income. It is striking how much less that is than other countries: the EU average is 70.5% meaning that UK pensions receive more than two times less than comparable countries

It ain't known as Rip Off Britain for nothing!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

As for 2., i was told that you get the full payment when in the UK, but if you leave it goes back down again ...... they don't miss a trick.

Not sure on this, but I believe if can prove you intend to stay for more than twelve months it will remain at the higher rate. Although as you say, they don't miss much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

Imagine if Brexiteers had put down the Stun and Daily Fail for a minute and bothered to see how much the EU average pension is. 

Imagine living in Spain, yet voting "exit" thinking you'd be all right Jack? Did these clowns expect a Royal Marines task force to fly in and raise the Union flag on their sunny villa rockscaping?

As it is they let the spivvy-looks-as-spivvy-does Farage and the PM who can't decide whether he's a Witchetty grub or a floor-mop, serve them oven-ready dog-scraps.  oh well... Tired of experts, I suppose. Probably feeling bluer than your passports. 

Cursed regards,

A <deleted>-off Scot.

Very well put, sir

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mario Cosmopolite said:

If the 400,000 with frozen pensions all register in the same UK constituency when we are allowed to vote again, maybe at least one MP would support removing the freeze!

Good try!

• Haha 1

Thanks, FYI

I applied in good time but they messed me about on AVCs. Even though I had paid nearly 34 years on the old system, they could only count 30 years on the new system since 2016. So they said that i would have to pay an additional 5 years to 2021 to max up the amount. 
Then DWP could not verify my details because its with HMRC.
Six months before the eligible birthdate responsibility transfers to DWP, but they have no access to the info!!!

Good excuse to screw me about .

So it took some weeks and three calls before they acknowledged info I gave to them promptly.
Paid AVCs before 25 April (DOB) . On 25 may they acknowledged paid to HMRC and credited.
Since then not got anything. I believe that the payments should be confirmed within a month.

Looks like I will have to call again to find out what is happening. Nincompoops.