Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

For years now, the BIB have been stopping the Pickup Trucks full of Migrant Labour and demanding 200 Baht / head from them.

Without the Migrants in transit, I guess that we all need to pay the 200 Baht now.

That's disgraceful. 

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

Say 3-4 months for the 4th wave, starting about now

Pretty sure this doesn't get under control until vaccines reach a critical threshold. Lockdowns required to slow the progress, but unlikely to see numbers dwindle to low levels. Look at Vietnam, they're pretty hardcore with lockdowns, population largely on board with lockdowns, and 1800 cases.

Hopeful that vaccination of elderly and at risk will keep mortality rate down.

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A soft lockdown likely to do very little in 2 wks. Deaths are going to crack the 100 mark and infections will go well above 10,000 in this period. The two wks will be extended several times I think. Without a hard lockdown I can't see things changing that much. People will still be out and about incorrectly using masks and the spread will continue. Just my opinion.

Probably a more accurate one, my thoughts are the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

True, however I never took any notice of the "target". Think they did almost 500k on June 7. After that (due to lack of supply) and other issues they dropped the ball. Think there was a day under 80k.

I would be happy with 450k every day.

There is incentive and demand here for vaccination. Sadly many (farang AND Thai) are reluctant to have sinovac.

If we could just just get some vaccine things could somewhat improve by year's end.

Yes, I think we have to accept that the target has been overtaken by events and is no longer relevant.

If they had any sense, they would recalibrate and issue a revised vaccination schedule that isn’t just a straight line toward an eventual target. It’s clear that there will not always be vaccine available, so there will be ups and downs in daily, weekly, monthly levels of vaccinations.

currently the chart makes them look like fools (charts aren’t always wrong 555) and they would do better to revise expectations based on current day realities. Instead we have a useless target, vague promises of millions of doses at unknown dates and no real knowledge of how things will progress.

• Like 1

China should pay about $20 trillion USD in reparations for the disaster that they've caused. And to add insult to injury, they push a bogus vaccine that Singapore recently stated does not count as a vaccine -Sinovac. Did Xi Jinping or anyone in the CCP take Sinovac or Sinopharm? I wonder why....? Perhaps they were clued in early on that it's utter garbage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

It's interesting to compare Thailand and Indonesia. The population of Indonesia is about 4 times larger and the daily number of case is also around 4 times higher. However, the number of deaths in Indonesia is 12 times higher. I wonder why this very large difference in death rates.

I didn’t spend long in Indonesia and it’s huge, so standards vary widely, but my experience is that health care is about as basic as it gets. Jakarta is obviously a stand out.

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Very contradictory to the last red list notice that I saw. A strange disconnect.

either the London embassy knows the UK is on the red list but displaying the information anyway, or they don’t know the UK is on the red list, or the red list is wrong, or the red list is right but being ignored for expediency.

who knows?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

You should pay more attention to current affairs and what people are posting. 120 doctors dead in Indonesia fully vacced with Sinovac. Docs and I assume nurses etc to get pfizer boosters. If you do not believe this I don't care. It's what's happening. Stop being obtuse.

Do you understand the difference between a breakthrough infection and an ineffective vaccine?

Even the best vaccine will not protect 100%, some percent of vaccinated s people will become hospitalized.

That’s the problem with one study of a vaccine, it’s possible for breakthrough infections to randomly dominate the results.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Very contradictory to the last red list notice that I saw. A strange disconnect.

either the London embassy knows the UK is on the red list but displaying the information anyway, or they don’t know the UK is on the red list, or the red list is wrong, or the red list is right but being ignored for expediency.

who knows?

From the Gov. UK site, Thailand is on the amber list for entering England. Check what you must do to enter England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. 11.13 9th July.

Edited by worrab
Add details
  • Like 1

The so called leaders are a cancerous tumor on the face of this nation. 

May the youth somehow prevail. It is the only future this once great country has. The only way forward is minus the toxic dinosaurs. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Are you seriously of the opinion that the UK is not on Thailands ' red ' list and that quarantine free entry has been available ?

having done a little research, this article seems to highlight the issue of the UK and the Phuket sandbox high risk list. It’s a little dated but it seems that although the UK was on the high risk list as at 1st July, it is now being treated as a medium risk country.

Several web sites involved with booking trips to Thailand issue lists of the risk classifications and on each of the ones that I looked at, UK was medium risk. So whether it is on the DDC list as high risk or not, it seems to be currently treated as medium risk.

confused? So am I, 5555

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjH0_6Fj9jxAhVMyzgGHRWBDrAQFjAEegQIBRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pattayamail.com%2Flatestnews%2Fnews%2Fbrits-could-be-banned-from-joining-thailands-sandbox-program-362223&usg=AOvVaw2UlZD27KG3axMOvpkiEqTF

12 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

who knows?

Consistent in their lack of consistency......(-:

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you understand the difference between a breakthrough infection and an ineffective vaccine?

Even the best vaccine will not protect 100%, some percent of vaccinated s people will become hospitalized.

That’s the problem with one study of a vaccine, it’s possible for breakthrough infections to randomly dominate the results.

Fairly sure if the vaccine was 100% effective or there about there would be no vaccine breakthrough of any significance. Might be wrong though.???? Polio vaccine seemed to work. The list is pretty long. 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Samui & Phangan reopening: bars open, 5,000 baht Covid tests

Koh Samui and the surrounding islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao are preparing for their Samui Plus reopening beginning July 15. The rules for the reopening are more stringent, with 3 full days of quarantine required and then 4 days of being allowed to travel only on sealed routes to specific tourist destinations before finally being allowed to travel freely and to neighbouring islands after 1 week. In contrast, some of Koh Samui’s nightlife seems to be operating unaffected by Covid-19 restrictions and may draw Phuket Sandbox tourists longing for a drink and a night out.

https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/samui-phangan-reopening-bars-open-5000-baht-covid-tests

Insanity, the definition of which is expecting something different to occur when doing the same thing over and over again. Open up for tourists but if your from a deep red zone you can not arrive.......

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And they didn’t bother to have an effective vaccine handy, so obviously they were planning a suicide mission.

Maybe they did and maybe it was called CoronaVac commonly called SinoVac which is actually the company. Apart from that maybe they just didn't realise the potential danger of a leak and what would happen. As I said my opinion. The CCP should be the least trusted mob in the world. Xi is insane.

Edited by dinsdale

A post with content that was copied from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Charts looking ugly and reflects an even uglier reality that the virus has overwhelmed Thailand having been left to spread by poor control measures. Lets all hope the new semi lockdowns that are now coming into effect do something to flatten the curve. They should certainly help to do that but my fear is that Thailand is now stuck in a dark tunnel and has a long way to go yet.

Keep safe everyone and RIP to the increasing number of those dying each day from covid.

Covid deaths are now more than double those of road accidents each day.

Rolling 7 day average (up to 8th July only) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 10 july.png

data 10 july 2.png

More like overwhelmed Bangkok and surrounding provinces. 

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well we were discussing UK Citizens entering Thailand, under the Phuket sandbox scheme.  Not t'other way about......

Apologies but I cannot find anything to say UK is on red list having had a dig around.

• Thanks 1