Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sorry, you missed my point. I'm currently in Bangkok. The new restrictions include statement "avoid unnecessary travel"

That seems soft. 

What stops me from travel to another province.

Oh apologies.

I'll answer you in Thai and translate it to english:

The answer to your question is yes.  

Have a nice day kap kap Kap Kap

13 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Be sure to take the BTS train!  : D  (sarcasm)

With the way the Thai government typically runs these kinds of things, there's always a couple of pertinent questions to consider before heading out....

1. Will the testing sites mentioned even be open to foreigners?

2. Will the sites have such low daily testing capacity to end up regularly turning away many who travel there.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I asked yesterday, no reply.

What does "avoid unnecessary travel" mean and how would it be policed. 

Will they even have checkpoints on the main motorways out of Bangkok, or on every Exit? If I can't continue to work (so far, it seems I can), it will be "necessary" for me to get out of town to the beach!

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

With luck we will see stabilizing not really a decline. This is just to stop spread it hink its already so bad that a decline if it happens will take a while best we can hope for is it not to top the 10.000.

That is just my opninion.

Yesterday, I mentioned the decline in infections that happened in India as a possibility for Thailand. I can’t explain why case numbers have dropped in India, but maybe this wave will run its course before the vaccination levels reach the point of achieving herd immunity. A natural decline would still leave infection numbers at a high level, but far lower than at the peak.

#Thailand’s #COVID19 numbers continue to rise with daily records for new cases (9,326) and deaths (91) broken yet again, as a semi-lockdown in BK and 9 other provinces starts on Monday. (They also needlessly changed the graphic’s layout, leaving out the no of active cases…)

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413683501522505733

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

With the way the Thai government typically runs these kinds of things, there's always a couple of pertinent questions to consider before heading out....

2. Will the sites have such low daily testing capacity to end up regularly turning away many who travel there.

You believe you have covid and you go on the BTS train.

ROFLMAO.  

I believe in Thailand they would find this perfectly acceptable.

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

who is "they" ?

as I have said before - unless the death occurs in a hospital there is no certification by a medical professional - the village head man might sign something or even a cop, that is what happens here - it is not the west

Cause of death = respiratory failure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Should be mutual considering the UK has 3x the number of daily new cases of Thailand.

But the difference is that almost everyone has been vaccinated keeping the hospital numbers down. And with decent vaccines which far outweigh Thailand's fascination with Sinovac which is now shown in tests to be totally useless against the Delta variant! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Will they even have checkpoints on the main motorways out of Bangkok, or on every Exit? If I can't continue to work (so far, it seems I can), it will be "necessary" for me to get out of town to the beach!

Wait I though the malls were now pretty much closed except for the restaurants for takeaway, and shopping for food, as well as all schools of all types being closed. Tell me if I read the notice wrong.

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sorry, you missed my point. I'm currently in Bangkok. The new restrictions include statement "avoid unnecessary travel"

That seems soft. 

What stops me from travel to another province.

just tell them your buffalo is sick - no problem 

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So if that's the case, can we expect the "official" fatality figures that are published each day and on which we are commenting, to stabilise?  Presumably any decision about relaxing restrictions in 14 days will be based on official figures, not hidden ones.

Remember deaths lag. Some who died may have been admitted 3 wks ago. With close to 50,000 detections in the last wk (almost 2k from today and yesterday) and daily increases in ICU I would expect faltality numbers to increase for quite some time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In Bangkok, "New COVID-19 testing sites will be opened for walk-in service at Thai-Japan Stadium, Hua Mark Stadium and Thupatemi Sports Stadium."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/videos/514274189883126/

In theory, this should impact testing levels, unless they are going to pull resources from other places.

On the down side, people who get tested are probably symptomatic, so the positivity rate from these tests are going to be high.

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It has been said many times with linked articles that the virus in India has moved to rural areas. It is unknown how many are infected or died. 

Which implies that infection in heavily populated areas in India have tapered off because reasons.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yesterday, I mentioned the decline in infections that happened in India as a possibility for Thailand. I can’t explain why case numbers have dropped in India, but maybe this wave will run its course before the vaccination levels reach the point of achieving herd immunity. A natural decline would still leave infection numbers at a high level, but far lower than at the peak.

Maybe because the virus has migrated out of the large cities into surrounding areas where there is little in the way of testing and medical facilities and official reporting. 

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Or have such low testing capacity and no digital systems management that they lead to thousands of people waiting in queues for hours with amongst some percentage of people who probably ARE infected, further infecting others. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait I though the malls were now pretty much closed except for the restaurants for takeaway, and shopping for food, as well as all schools of all types being closed. Tell me if I read the notice wrong.

Malls are closed, but my office is in a separate tower at Centralworld.  In any case, I think the supermarket, food court and restaurants on the 6th and 7th floors will still be open (for takeaway).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I have experienced first hand what happens with death outside of hospital and can say that a medical professional came and verified the cause of death.That may not happen everywhere but I think the death is documented and recorded even if not by a medical professional then by a government official which is who I would mean by they.I would also say that there would also be cases that don't get recorded.

there would be exceptions - if the person was being treated as an outpatient for example (attended by a doctor) then yes a doctor might get involved 

or if someone was found with a strange hole in their head that isn't there normally then yes that would also be an exception

• Like 1

Banks nationwide will adjust their closing times as follows:

Regular banks close no later than 3:30pm

Banks in malls close no later than 5pm

Banks in Yala, Narathiwat, and Pattani close no later than 3pm

#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413691740461015043

• Like 1