Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The 900 queue cards for free covid testing at Wat Phra Sri Mahathat, Bang Khen District, ran out at 6:30am leaving people disappointed. This is apparently the last day here for testing.

ImageImageImageImage

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414014969360777223

so tomorrow cases are dropping right ?

Why so many people standing in line from nighttime , it is because of the standard medical insurance they got .

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Aside from the obvious those who feel they've been exposed or are sick, I also read that many new employers want to see negative covid proof before taking on staff

I understand the second reason and had assumed that is the reason. 

I'm not sure about the first given lack of beds available.

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Third consecutive day of 9,000+ officially reported new cases... 9,000+ is Thailand's new COVID normal... maybe at least until tomorrow or the next day.

Don't you mean the new flatline using the old flatline strategy to contain the escalating covid numbers being reported.They have also stop the exponential growth of the reported numbers.Testing numbers on world in data haven't been updated since June 19th.Still that "old fish sauce" smell still lingers longer in Thailand.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

May I ask a dumb question. 

Why do so many Thai queue for testing.

Some for MANY hours.

Free food in the quarantine facilities as they have run out of money and it's the only way to receive gov assistance.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

I can’t see the restrictions coming in to effect on Monday having any impact on these numbers. Why wait till Monday giving people the opportunity to move out to the provinces where facilities and resources to deal with large local outbreaks will be very limited. 

So people  can get home. Thankfully not everyone in the government is as authoritarian as you. Easier to make the rules from your keyboard though. 

• Confused 10
  • Sad 3