Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

35 died in less than 6 days of diagnosis

2 died at home

I wonder if they've been prompted to start mentioning deaths at home by the forensic doctor who has been taking pcr tests while giving an autopsy only to discover they were positive, generally people from the slums who had died at home.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Remember this Government seems to believe that being vaccinated with just 1 AZ jab means you are ok to travel to Areas especially Phuket.  I think the point is that the individual the post is about has had only one AZ jab and so it shows that the governments belief that one jab will do ya is wrong, but then that's just my view.

You are right , what i was talking about was fully vaccinated people with 2 shots and the incubation time .

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The individual in the article wasn’t fully vaccinated. He had one jab of AZ only.

the article is information, I assume you can read it, make of it what you will and move on

To you as well I am talking about fully vaccinated people 2 shots and incubation time . Don't really care what the article says . This is what i am saying . 

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You are right , what i was talking about was fully vaccinated people with 2 shots and the incubation time .

Happy to hear you finally got the point about the post with just the one jab, well done

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Former red-shirt leader Nattawut Saikua has just posted on Facebook that he has tested positive for #COVID19. “I was vaccinated with 1 dose of AstraZeneca vaccine on 8th June. On 8th July I went to test for COVID-19. I was told a moment ago that I have tested positive.”

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413867805661798400

And what you want to tell us? 

It's already well known that you can have Covid between 2 jabs. 

So not worth to mention ????.

However, if YOU didn't know....... 

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

another one..............oh dear

the point being that even though you've had one shot of vaccine you still need take a great deal of care. However the point is now also being made by the media, which also mentions about another high profile MP who this time had both shots of Sinovac and tested positive

Nattawut, MP Nattacha test positive for Covid-19 despite vaccine jabs

Former red-shirt leader Nattawut Saikuar on Saturday said he had tested positive for Covid-19.

In his Facebook post, he said he received the first AstraZeneca jab on June 8 this year. He apologised to people who had been in contact with him so far.

"I will contact the public health agency to receive medical treatment," he said.

Earlier, Move Forward Party MP Nattacha Boonchaiinsawat said on his Facebook page that he has been infected with Covid-19.

He said he had received two doses of the Sinovac vaccine, claiming that he had always complied with measures to contain the spread of Covid-19.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003089

You can repeat your post however many times you want my reaction stays the same , people that are fully vaccinated can still get the virus and spread the virus . This is publicly known so what is it axactly you are trying to say ??? 

23 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think he is referring to UK hospitals being empty…..which is also totally false. They might not be overwhelmed, but they are not empty of Covid cases.

True. Both my daughters back in the UK are frontline NHS staff and say there has been a marked increase of patients over the last few weeks although not nearly as bad as it was when over a thousand were dying daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

To you as well I am talking about fully vaccinated people 2 shots and incubation time . Don't really care what the article says . This is what i am saying . 

Say whatever you want. But why do you link what you are saying to an unrelated article?

makes little sense to me. People will think like me, that you are referring to the linked article.

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

And what you want to tell us? 

It's already well known that you can have Covid between 2 jabs. 

So not worth to mention ????.

However, if YOU didn't know....... 

Here, its been picked up by the Nation News, perhaps take it up with them if you fail to understand the significance or failed to read the posts above, good luck

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003089

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

This is what i replied to Thailandryan and not to you . Don't take credit for other peoples achievements .

It was in my original post and that was the point that you failed to understand..........................again

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

For the “hospitals are full” crowd, some 3,000+ net admissions yesterday (7,113 total with 4,053 discharges), so 3,000 more people were squeezed into the hospital system. 

Of course, this is not sustainable. And I am not saying that these people are now in appropriate levels of care.

3 days ago, people here were saying that hospitals were full, but that was 10,000 net admissions ago.

Presumably the hospital system includes field hospitals which have been in a case of continuous expansion. The kind of care than can offer differs greatly from what established hospitals can do.

18 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

For the “hospitals are full” crowd, some 3,000+ net admissions yesterday (7,113 total with 4,053 discharges), so 3,000 more people were squeezed into the hospital system. 

I think that should be the "Bangkok hospitals are full" crowd?So do you have a breakdown of where the admissions and discharges occurred?With many infections occurring outside of Bangkok that would mean many admissions would be occurring outside of Bangkok.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

That's very selfconfident of you to think that other people think the same as you. I don't . 

Well, you made a simple statement, which I happen to agree with btw, about double vaccinated people still being able to catch Covid. But linked it to an article talking about a nationally known figure in Thailand who caught Covid after one vaccination.

you then said that you don’t care what is in the article, you are just making a statement.

so yes, I am fairly confident others, like me, might notice that your statement doesn’t relate to the article.

I’m not surprised that you don’t think like me, I would be somewhat worried if you did tbh.

have a nice day.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

9,500 is nowhere near the real number...even every otherwise uninterested Thai I know is aware that the real number is much higher.

On a side noted I saw today a video post on Facebook of a large gym in Pattaya...the gym was packed and not a single person was wearing a mask. Wonder if steroids protects from Covid?

We only need to look to Indonesia to see what happens next for Thailand.

And opening Phuket on the back of lies and deception is criminal...literally. 

How do you know the figures are lower than the real number ? What is your source other than uninterested Thai’s ? Oh yeah, Facebook 555

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Why the track, the leanest people are bodybuilders not track runners. So its a bit bias. You can get as lean in a gym as on a track. Its all diet. I never known a single individual who could out-train  a bad diet. Also you seem to be really ridged in your thinking. This is not about gyms or tracks or what is best. The best exercise is the one you like and keep doing. 

For one its the track for an other walking again an other likes swimming and some like working out with weights and do some cardio. Consistency counts not what you do and diet counts most if its about fat.

You deduce an awful lot from a simple catch phrase.  

Let me put it another way: aerobic activity vs anerobic.

If you are a superbly conditioned athlete who does the both then no worries, but this does not apply to most big guys I see in a gym ( not that I currently go as it is the last place you want to be when a virus is doing the rounds)

Of course you have to watch your diet, etc.

At times, you're a one man dispute really rob

I'm simply saying: If you want to maximise your chances of avoiding covid19 in Thailand get outside and do some aerobic activity.  

Edited by mommysboy

1 hour ago, chilli42 said:

I was recently discharged from a hospital in Bangkok.  All of the staff have been vaccinated with Sinovac and all are well aware that it’s completely useless against the Delta variant.  It takes a big pair (so to speak) to go to work day after day knowing how little protection you have.  RIP to this young lady and kudos to the others who have to face this day after day as part of their job.  

It really burns me up that the meager supply of the AZ vaccine went to a select privileged group rather than those working on the front line (I know AZ is not perfect but a long way better than Sinovac).

'I know AZ is not perfect'

And neither is Pfizer/Moderna.

But they are all very effective, and Sinovac is quite good.

44 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

From tomorrow!/.

restricted travel advise not travel!

But we must still go to immigration (people travel into the Dark Red zone! + others & from everywhere)? go!

and queue up with hundreds of people?

Does this make sense?

more speading covid?

I think the term they're using is "necessary" travel.  So, I guess they will deem a trip to Immigration to do an Extension of Stay, 90-day report etc as being "necessary"!     

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And then if he can please tell us how many are at home in isolation taking Favipiravir and waiting for a bed when they open? and ergo it will grow again tomorrow, but he is still stuck in the world of statistical anomalies based upon discharges and admissions in evaluating the virus and spread.  Sad he can not see past the keyboard and look at the reality based upon those outside still waiting to get tested and those waiting on vaccinations, just sad he has been stuck on this mantra for days and days.  Covid is rampant unlike what he believed back in April when many of us indicated it was so and was spreading but a lack of Random testing and mass testing was why they did not see it.  Since the delta variant arrived folks have become sicker faster and it has become more worrisome for manner.

Let’s recap the bidding.

In late April and May, the number of new infections from the Alpha variant was flattening out. I merely pointed that out, which triggered some people, and apparently still does.

now you are off on some vendetta against a simple and obvious correlation between hospital walk-in cases and future near term new infections. Do you want me recite some creed before discussing the numbers?

” to all here: I understand that these numbers conceal many individuals who are unable to find a hospital bed, and have waited many days, and some part of discharges and admissions are from field hospitals, where conditions are terrible and may allow different strains of the virus to combine, and not all of the new admissions are in Bangkok, so please forgive me for posting the Cliff Notes version of the data.”

• Haha 1

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

I think the term they're using is "necessary" travel.  So, I guess they will deem a trip to Immigration to do an Extension of Stay, 90-day report etc as being "necessary"!     

In Phuket last year when we had a hard lockdown then no, there was no need to do the 90 day report, whether that will be the case in Bangkok?