Thailand reports 8,656 new COVID-19 cases, 80 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

I don’t think the people who think that the situation may deteriorate are unhappy to see cases fall. Although a one day slight decrease is totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

You are too generous to people. 

16 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The restrictions are working as I predicted the numbers fall after a couple of days.Same predictable pattern as before.Still no testing numbers so still no transparency as expected.

When were the new restrictions due to start? Was it today?

9 minutes ago, sezze said:

You got to be joking , it is Monday morning . I've seen posts about 1 testcenter closing , and long rows on testcenters . As long as i do not see any post countering that and numbers being in the 1000s , i disregard a few 100 drop from previous days .

I look at the raw data and see numbers less than yesterday. Get the feeling on here that some people enjoy seeing the numbers rise.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

A shameful disgrace and evidence of “full” hospitals. Presumably the creation of these “beds” is how they keep adding people into the hospital system everyday.

No.

Hospital walk in admissions are just that. People who go to the hospital because they feel ill, and are then admitted as symptomatic.

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The government has started doing Rapid Antigen testing at three locations today with a fourth on Wednesday. Today they expect to process 1,000 tests per location (results in 30 minutes) but this will be increased to 10,000 tests per day for the four locations ( Nation Photo)

ImageImageImage

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414378251875536904

I believe that a positive result from such a test does not create a “case”. What happens is that anyone testing positive must then be confirmed by a RT-PCR test.

Edited by Danderman123

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I watched Bangkok plates over the weekend people going into 7-11, massage shops, restaurants.

Then there is packed Tree Town with not one person wearing a mask.

Not surprising it is rising.

Really..? not my impression of treetown.

• Like 2

fyi, this morning at 9 am is supposed to be the opening of a new round of COVID vaccination appointment registrations for foreign nationals age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions via a website of Phyathai II hospital in Bangkok...

"Phyathai 2 Hospital

Pre-registration: 12-16 July from 09.00-12.00 hours only (via phyathai2international.com)

Vaccination Period: 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends)"

I had trouble accessing the website just now, getting browser security errors, before finally being able to get thru, and seeing the registration notice info still listed there on the hospital's website.

https://phyathai2international.com/

However, I also noticed the now updates-only government Intervac website has an update saying that COVID vaccine registrations at Samitivej Hospital in BKK already have been closed.

"Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital (The hospital has fully booked. The next pre-registration will be open in August)"

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndyFoxy said:

I look at the raw data and see numbers less than yesterday. Get the feeling on here that some people enjoy seeing the numbers rise.

Nope.

Just an artifact today. We should hit 10,000 this week, if hospitals aren’t maxed out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Excel said:

Its a Monday, it always falls because not so much testing on Sunday.  Lets see the numbers in the next two days

How do you work that out? Chonburi just got it's highest total yet.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No.

Hospital walk in admissions are just that. People who go to the hospital because they feel ill, and are then admitted as symptomatic.

I believe that a positive result from such a test does not create a “case”. What happens is that anyone testing positive must then be confirmed by a RT-PCR test.

Hmm, why am I seeing this drivel. You are on ignore. Something wrong with the system?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh but we do D'Man we do, unlike you who can never pull of the sarcasm post.

14 minutes ago, sezze said:

You got to be joking , it is Monday morning . I've seen posts about 1 testcenter closing , and long rows on testcenters . As long as i do not see any post countering that and numbers being in the 1000s , i disregard a few 100 drop from previous days .

Apparently, not everyone understood the OP was being sarcastic.

Just now, sungod said:

How do you work that out? Chonburi just got it's highest total yet.

Very simple. The figures quoted were national figures. Not some diddykoy part of Thailand thats almost closed down

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Apparently, not everyone understood the OP was being sarcastic.

I agree , but it isnt always easy in this period in time , who is sarcastic , who is denying , who is ... .

This time is not for being like that imho , it is a bad time , we all need a laugh , but sometimes difficult right now to see the diff .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Very simple. The figures quoted were national figures. Not some diddykoy part of Thailand thats almost closed down

Ok, so no proof then. Just some personal opinion, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1