Army says no truth to rumor soldiers pictured at airport were flying to USA to get vaxxed

webfact

2 hours ago, rbkk said:

"Sirijan said they would attend the training from July 10th to 26th."

Why did they all miss the start of training? Or is this old news?

A certain person on here stated that they would be quarantined ( is that 7 or 14 days) plus 2 days travel time so how are they going to do their jumps ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

North Carolina where they would undertake parachute training

Can they not fall out of a plane over Thailand to 'practice' ?

Exactly! Why not bring a couple of trainers over from the USA instead of send 114 soldiers there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

North Carolina where they would undertake parachute training. 

Interesting, a British soldier had this unfortunate experience while parachute training in California recently (he survived):-

"British soldier has survived a 15,000ft fall after crashing into someone’s roof when his parachute failed to fully deploy.

The parachutist was taking part in a training exercise on July 6 in California when he jumped out of a plane in a High Altitude Low Opening exercise known as Halo. Halo is used by the SAS and SBS for covert insertions into hostile territory."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/british-soldier-survives-15000-foot-fall-parachute-fails-open-b945324.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

฿70k per return tic paid for by the generous American taxpayer. Yet same American gov won't provide their own expats with the vaccine. That's a kick in the ....

Authorised by whom, one wonders. I suspect someone who has no idea of how US nationals are being treated in LOS.

Mind you, a good way of spreading whatever virus variant that is inThailand among the soldiers in Fort Bragge and the locale. Someone said once, there is no cure for stupid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

North Carolina where they would undertake parachute training

Can they not fall out of a plane over Thailand to 'practice' ?

There was a case a few years back when 2 young Thai trainees were killed in local parachute training.

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You know that how?

The pharmacies are all offering walk-in jabs, not only for free but with incentives such as discounts on shopping. You do have to show ID though, and I don't know what all the rules are.

Also, I see a lot of people complaining in this thread, but why would it be a bad thing if they do get a shot of Pfizer or Moderna while they're there?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Exactly! Why not bring a couple of trainers over from the USA instead of send 114 soldiers there.

Looks like it's joint training of some kind, not just the normal jump school which is in Georgia, not North Carolina.  Part of helping joint US-Thai relations. 

18 hours ago, Caspersfriend said:

Especially when it's slowly dis-guarded?

Apologies, silly question.

My daughter and her hubby sent me a pic of them eating chips by the sea in Brighton; can't post it as they were doing other stuff at the time!

Very few things I miss but proper chips is on the list -- not French Fries or Freedom Fries of course.

I'm confused as to what your daughter and hubby were doing while they were eating chips, that can't be shared on this forum!  Having full-on sex? robbing a bank??  I think we need to know ????

6 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I'm confused as to what your daughter and hubby were doing while they were eating chips, that can't be shared on this forum!  Having full-on sex? robbing a bank??  I think we need to know ????

I would approve of them robbing a bank whilst also eating chips -- confirms that the dexterity training I put her through has paid off --- go girl!

12 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

You do have to show ID though, and I don't know what all the rules are.

All of the Thai vloggers who've documented their trips to the U.S on YouTube to get vaccinated have simply just shown their Thai passports.

70,000 RT is probably the US Govt rate, maybe via UA (codeshare operated by NH to NRT), for economy. Business class is much more than that. I guess they'd fly into CLT? Maybe RDU?

But maybe the RTA booked their preferred flights/carrier, paid then took the 70,000 from the U.S.?

I assume they flew commercial? 

For RTA training missions last year, to Hawaii, Fort Polk (Louisiana) and Fort Hood (Texas) they might have gone on a TG charter.

https://onemileatatime.com/thai-airways-mysterious-flight-louisiana/

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

All of the Thai vloggers who've documented their trips to the U.S on YouTube to get vaccinated have simply just shown their Thai passports.

70,000 RT is probably the US Govt rate, maybe via UA (codeshare operated by NH to NRT), for economy. Business class is much more than that. I guess they'd fly into CLT? Maybe RDU?

But maybe the RTA booked their preferred flights/carrier, paid then took the 70,000 from the U.S.?

I assume they flew commercial? 

For RTA training missions last year, to Hawaii, Fort Polk (Louisiana) and Fort Hood (Texas) they might have gone on a TG charter.

https://onemileatatime.com/thai-airways-mysterious-flight-louisiana/

From what I read, they check in flying Korean Air then changed code share to Delta their destination was Boston and Atalanta 

OK. Delta is also a government contractor. Forgot about them. KE flies 3x weekly ICN-BOS. Strange not to go direct, non-stop from ICN to ATL, with 2 dailies? Domestic U.S. flights are chock-a-block.

Maybe catching some sights, and a lobstah roll?

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They have a large detachment of US solider that arrived around two days ago. They are staying at an apartment complex in Chonburi. They are here to train the Thai Army for two weeks or more. Should have had them Jump Master the Thai C130, give them their 5 jumps and award the US wings. A C130 is a C130 just use the US Jump Masters, which I am sure they have. probably going to get their Thai jump wings while here.

Edited by allen303

21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Never understood the obsession with getting a dead body back 'home'.......they are dead?

Agree they could send their ashes about 3.5% of their original weight by EMS. No need for next day delivery init. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the 82nd Airborne's twitter feed, @82ndABNDiv

Our #Paratroopers continue to train alongside their Allies from the @armypr_news! Yesterday they went through our Basic Airborne Refresher course at the USAAAS, learning how our All Americans conduct #Airborne operations and enhancing #AirborneInteroperability!

E61k2HOWUAwVZ8b (1).jpg

E61k2HOXMAQ48f9 (1).jpg

E61k2HQXsAQexVl (1).jpg

E61k2HQXIAMJpRj (2).jpg

Edited by mtls2005

When I was 10  years of age, I jumped off the 30 foot  diving tower,, and was  given a set of water wings.  I wore them    all the time  for many a day. Unfortunately  I cant  find a photo of me with them on to show the world. I bet  the Thais would be  sooooooo  jealous.