Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 14, 2021) About 5.05% of the population is fully vaccinated. 9,888,124 (+289,175) people have received the first dose, while 3,342,557 (+33,313) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1415185740166615047

• Thanks 1

Medical experts have voiced concerns about the reliability of the rapid antigen test kits for Covid-19, especially if the tests are conducted by inexperienced people at home

Earlier this week, health authorities announced that rapid test kits will be available in hospitals this week before being sold in pharmacies next week.

The test kits are being released to combat the long queues for an RT-PCR test, Public Health Ministry permanent secretary Kiattipoom Wongrachit said on Monday.

However, Dr Thiravat Hemachudha, chief of Chulalongkorn University's Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, questioned the reliability of tests done by people at home.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003228

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 14, 2021) About 5.05% of the population is fully vaccinated. 9,888,124 (+289,175) people have received the first dose, while 3,342,557 (+33,313) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1415185740166615047

322,488 doses given yesterday! End of the year is back on! Oh, wait…….

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Makeshift morgues and crematoriums being overrun.... Where have we seen that before?  The U.S. comes to mind, among others.

Every village has guy who make charcoal so soon Anus(tin) need ask help from those!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Medical experts have voiced concerns about the reliability of the rapid antigen test kits for Covid-19, especially if the tests are conducted by inexperienced people at home

Earlier this week, health authorities announced that rapid test kits will be available in hospitals this week before being sold in pharmacies next week.

The test kits are being released to combat the long queues for an RT-PCR test, Public Health Ministry permanent secretary Kiattipoom Wongrachit said on Monday.

However, Dr Thiravat Hemachudha, chief of Chulalongkorn University's Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, questioned the reliability of tests done by people at home.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003228

It is all about the Benjamins here of course.  In the US as well as the EU and UK these tests are readily available.  In the US my Health insurer sent 4 of them to my residence as it was part of a program they developed.  Still sitting in the box on the counter as I have not returned to pick them up...lol

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I am not sure the reason or what their protocol is, but there sure seems to be an increase in ambulances rushing around Pattaya in general with lights and sirens.     

One indicator that you know things are not great. In UK at the height of our wave I noticed the same thing. It's just one of those everyday things that you notice if it changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

She said she and her family members did not suffer any of the expected side effects, either. 

My wife received zero side effects from the Sinovac, so thats the culprit. Switching to the Chinese stuff

Twitter bans account of prominent Thai hospital administrator

Twitter banned the account of a prominent Thai hospital administrator on Wednesday, although no reason was given for the ban.

Dr Suwadee Puntpanich, a director at Thonburi Bamrungmuang Hospital, was a prominent Twitter presence in Thailand with her account noted its criticism of the government’s Covid response and praised for finding hospital beds for hundreds of Covid-19 patients.

Suwadee’s regularly tweeted updates about government vaccine policy and had criticized the government for now allowing private hospitals to bring in their own vaccine.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29849/twitter-bans-account-of-prominent-thai-hospital-administrator/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prayut said he would not let this happen........oh wait ^^^^^^^^

Thailand’s PM says he won’t let Thais become vaccine “guinea pigs”

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailands-pm-says-he-wont-let-thais-become-vaccine-guinea-pigs

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha changed his stance on Wednesday and told the Public Health Ministry to kick off its mix-and-match vaccine strategy to combat the fast-spreading Delta variant.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003231

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TIMELINE: Malls in Pattaya and Chonburi inform residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

See list:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/14/timeline-malls-in-pattaya-and-chonburi-inform-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the same scam the Thai Army doctor/medic pulled at the beginning of the vaccination period, injecting possibly just a saline solution instead.  Thailand the hub of fakes and deceit.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-army-doctor-sold-fake-covid-19-vaccines-to-un-peacekeepers

Not fakes, copy vaccines.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, rabas said:

It will lead to further spread considering Thai living conditions, which is why they avoided it as long as possible. But now there is no choice.

Why home quarantine is so hard to Thais!? So simple rules isolate hole house AND ALL PEOPLE IN IT! NOBODY GOES IN OR OUT!! My friend was 28 days in home quarantine , first 2 kids get covid -> home quarantine 14 days (include 2 test was negative) last test wife had covid. New 14 days quarantine (include 2 test was negative). Kids get out after first 10 days because they not spread virus anymore. Wife get out day 25 because not spread anymore! One thing to notice, my friend not get covid even was all the time whit infected people and even sleep same bed whit wife. Only put people who have symptons whitch cant haddle home in hospital or people who not get help outside from home (to bring food etc.). Save really much money and many people's mental health.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Delta appears more contagious, but more deadly? I don't think so.

I agree that there only rough indicators, and the past is not necessarily a reliable predictor for the future. 

And that seems to go for complex models, as well as back of cig pack calculations. Too many unknowns.

But we can thank our lucky stars that it isn't a real plague (although it doesn't seem lucky I must admit).

You could ask people in India about the deadliness of Delta, but many are dead.

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Not fakes, copy vaccines.

now this is what you call military discipline. The general said this while keeping a straight face. Respect!

“General Chalermpol insisted that the incident would not affect the UN's confidence in the Thai military.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Always a possible sceario. How about this 1: Weaponising a bat virus through gain of function. 2: Virus leaks from lab. 3: Virus goes global due to deception and misinformation. 4: Virus is now mutating of it's own accord. Fairly sure there will be plenty on here that will have a go at me but ask yourself this: Is it out of the realm of possibility?

There is zero evidence that the virus was engineered. In fact, there are bats flying around Thailand with an almost identical virus.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Twitter bans account of prominent Thai hospital administrator

Twitter banned the account of a prominent Thai hospital administrator on Wednesday, although no reason was given for the ban.

Dr Suwadee Puntpanich, a director at Thonburi Bamrungmuang Hospital, was a prominent Twitter presence in Thailand with her account noted its criticism of the government’s Covid response and praised for finding hospital beds for hundreds of Covid-19 patients.

Suwadee’s regularly tweeted updates about government vaccine policy and had criticized the government for now allowing private hospitals to bring in their own vaccine.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29849/twitter-bans-account-of-prominent-thai-hospital-administrator/

The Evil Czar and his fellow Gangsters at work again !

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

New highs ICU/Ventilators

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday: Since 1 April

334,166 people infected (+8 imported and +9,309 local cases)

2,840 dead +87

99,511 in care

3,201 in ICU and 828 on ventilators

5,129 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1415182287780519940

Only 2,000 new net admissions to hospitals today. But, those 2,000 probably had to be crammed into God knows where.

54 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Only a few days ago you explicitly stated that you had already had Covid. But in the same post said that you had never been tested. When challenged how you could know it was Covid and not flu since you hadn’t been tested, you stayed quiet.

now you reconfirm again that you are double dosed with Moderna, you previously stated you have already had Covid so have natural antibodies, but say that you are worried about Covid.

I’d say you have less to worry about than most, so can rest easy. But still take care, nothing is 100%, not even double Moderna and natural antibodies.

Your reading comprehension is apparently not too good. In fact, about half your posts about my posts are based on false paraphrasing.

i won’t bother correcting you, I will just say that I never posted what you claim I posted.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, anchadian said:

TIMELINE: Malls in Pattaya and Chonburi inform residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

See list:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/14/timeline-malls-in-pattaya-and-chonburi-inform-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

Basically, the entire Central Festival mall in Pattaya was infected the first 2 weeks of July. Which was precisely when I was there every day.

Is anyone able to find a list of high, medium and low risk countries by Thailand DDC as at 1st July?

the list is updated on 1st and 16th of each month. I have been trying to find the one updated as at 1st July, but can’t find it via google. There is a link on the Thailand DDC website, but it just takes me to a WHO site that gives an overall weekly update on Covid. Nothing to do with Thailand at all.

A google search of Thailand ddc high, medium, low risk Covid countries, reveals several tour operator sites that have the list as at 16th June. But not 1st July.

am I looking in the wrong place?

1 hour ago, johng said:

Maybe because their "point of view"  does not follow a prescribed

narrative which is not allowed to be aired ?

ie: they have been "de-platformed"

Ain't no "maybe" about it.    I know who the real covidiots are ......... the billions of people who live 

every day of their lives disregarding all the experts who have been saying for decades what a healthy lifestyle/ diet should encompass.    The BIG picture .   But no,  money rules this stupid ( ah, feels sooo good to use that word) .... this stupid world that is bombarded with ads for coca cola and pop tarts (new and delicious, vitamin d fortified !)  and of course the family pack ;  286 pieces of golden fried 33% less unsaturated fats antibiotic fed chicken .   With fries  !

"No worries mate.   I take my statins and blood pressure meds and anti depressants and insulin daily.  Feel great ! "      

OK........ don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.   I am tooooootaly  pro vax .   Even though i am also toooootaly healthy without any meds.

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1