Stuck in Sandbox quarantine: A tourist offers a list of suggestions

webfact

1626341587_1-org.jpg

Stefanie has drafted a list of suggestions that would prove useful for tourism and health authorities to follow. Photo: Wheels & Work / Facebook

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Stefanie, currently observing a mandatory 14-day at an ’alternative local quarantine’ hotel in Phuket despite twice testing negative for COVID-19 since arriving on the island, has offered a list of suggestions for tourism and Phuket officials to consider to help make any similar experiences by other Phuket Sandbox arrivals more pleasant.

Stefanie was ordered to move from the hotel that she had booked to stay to an alternative local quarantine venue after it was confirmed that a man she was sitting near on the flight from Dubai was infected with COVID-19.

The man tested positive from his initial swab test after arriving on the island. Stefanie had tested negative, and tested negative again during the second mandatory swab test conducted on Day 6/7 of her stay, as required by Phuket Sandbox entry conditions.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/stuck-in-sandbox-quarantine-a-tourist-offers-a-list-of-suggestions-80695.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-16

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

And barely dent the insurance companies, given that they'd only pay out for 1 in 1000 policies...  If ALQ costs 50,000 baht, that's 50 baht per policy sold.

yeah, but they've had like 14 on one plane alone, They'd need to sell 14,000 policies to cover that  1 plane arrival  !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

yeah, but they've had like 14 on one plane alone, They'd need to sell 14,000 policies to cover that  1 plane arrival  !

I did screw up my math, but I think most of them decided to fly back out instead of staying in quarantine.  In any case, those health care policies with Covid cover are expensive compared to a normal travel policy.   I was gobsmacked when I looked up the cost.  They can afford to cover ALQ and still be more profitable, given that very few vaccinated, tested tourists are going to require real hospital care for Covid. 

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Looking at her suggestions they fail to me to address the real elephant in the room of 50 odd grand for a 2nd hotel after paying for one and even then after two negative tests  ! Maybe is she has said on media this was a stupid and expensive rip off for tourists she'd have been summoned to the station by now.

But the Emperor Czar has  such lovely  new  clothes.

• Haha 2

The poor lady, thing is certain that being locked up in a cell when you are innocent gives you many strange ideas such as believing that you are in your country of origin, a bad dream became reality.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

has offered a list of suggestions for tourism and Phuket officials to consider to help make any similar experiences by other Phuket Sandbox arrivals more pleasant

Stefanie sadly you are wasting your time offering suggestions here.

No Thai ever listens to suggestions from farangs ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Stefanie has drafted a list of suggestions that would prove useful for tourism and health authorities to follow.

Spain, Portugal, France, Sweden anywhere in the southern Mediterranean, ??

• Like 2