Thailand Risks Becoming the Next Seychelles as Tourists Return

webfact

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I don't get one thing, (well, among others) these tourists are suppose to be fully vaccinated and a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to departure, so how come several of them are testing positive when the arrive here? that i'd like to know...

cos it can take up to 2 weeks for the virus to trigger a test, in that 3 days the test becomes positive

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

i'll bet a lot of people never knew the meaning of deep throat nose till they had a PCR test done.

Me?  I just keep my nose out of such alien invasions

It was hell on Wednesday to get it shoved up the nose and into the throat. Waiting our results still.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sezze said:

AZ had this problem all the time in Europe , never delivering what they promised .

They delivered money into their pockets which is the promise they made to their shareholders!Did you believe all the sales hype of the sales staff did you?When will people learn not to trust the sales hype?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They delivered money into their pockets which is the promise they made to their shareholders!Did you believe all the sales hype of the sales staff did you?When will people learn not to trust the sales hype?

Yeah, they were coining the profits at $3 a dose, mr clever.

Edited by nkg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I don't get one thing, (well, among others) these tourists are suppose to be fully vaccinated and a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to departure, so how come several of them are testing positive when the arrive here? that i'd like to know...

The PCR test only has to be done 72 hrs prior.  Any time in between they can get it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The vaccines do not stop you from becoming infected, they are designed to lessen the impact and the chance of being seriously infected with the disease and hospitalized, much like the flu vaccine does for those that take it every year.

Vaccines can stop you from becoming infected!

"Vaccines provide at least some protection from infection and transmission, but not as much as the protection they provide against serious illness and death."

Vaccine efficacy, effectiveness and protection (who.int)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sezze said:

No they aren't , is a alcohol analyzer a bad test since it detects right now if you got alcohol in your blood and not in 1h ? Or also in very rare cases detect fake alcohol due to some people creating aceton in their bloodstream at some moments ? It doesn't make the test bad , it is a test at a certain moment.

About the vaccines , results of it are shown right now in Europe , with heavy rising numbers but nearly no hospital admissions or deaths . HUUUGE change from before , since now the infection number is nothing more then that . Still a significant number is not fully protected and some refused vaccination , so there is still a risk of getting bad again , but so far , the numbers are not leading at all to much more hospital visits , so it is no problem . Vaccines saved many lives in the past , and is doing it right now also .

yes but there is no vaccin i paye 3500 tb for my thai wife to get a moderna vaccin ,because the chines vaccin is not good, she don't know when she is going to get maybe by the end of the year...and people are going to die!

• Like 1