Thinking to move to Phuket from Los Angeles :)

XtraFly

The Beverly Hills of Phuket is Laguna. You will fit in there. All the crypto billionaires and wealthy American expats live there. Steve Jobs’ mentor lives in Laguna part-time. Many celebrities live / have homes here actually. Barak Obama has a place in Naithon Beach at Mailawana for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, VocalNeal said:

Thinking to move to Phuket from Los Angeles ????

Well at least you will used to the traffic 

Two posters were confused by my response. I apologise. I was under the impression the traffic was bad in Los Angeles

• Confused 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, chalawaan said:

If I had a dollar for every falang that moved to Phuket, got handed their butt financially, then ended up in a far better part of Thailand, I'd be the CEO of TAT. ????

Haha, you mean broke alcoholics expats figuring out that Phuket is actually the most expensive part of Thailand. Personally, I don't mind. It keeps a certain expat community. Not so many toothless alcoholics drinking the cheapest beer and barely get by. Many families, couples with second home and expats who have some money to burn.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Looks like you are the first to post THE relevant question?

36 year old, working "online".

What visa and permission to stay based on what?

Elite, Education, volounteer. If he finds a girl; Mariage and if he has kids; dependent. 

Seems pretty straight forwards.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, simon43 said:

Phuket?  Hmm, let's see what happened to me and my guesthouse business over the 10 years or so that I lived in Phuket:

- 2 of my staff shot dead - police didn't bother to investigate.

- My personal car stolen and crashed by a druggie - police not interested

- My $100,000 investment guesthouse 'invaded' by druggies and I physically ejected - police supported the druggies because they (the police) were the druggies' main customer

- Me threatened at gunpoint by druggies and warned never to return to the island - I didn't

Yep - I had a lovely time there NOT ????

Never had any problems as long as you play by the rules. Ofcourse my business doesn't involve girls or is in Patong.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:23 AM, Robin said:

Think about the language;  English, or American is not a widely spoke in Phuket as it is in LA.  Unless you are fluent in Thai you will need a 'trusted companion' to help you negotiate with locals.

I have a rule that anything I bring to Thailand will stay in Thailand.  That applies to any financial investments you make.

if you worry about constant hot water, then Thailand is probably not for you, as it is mostly a country here nothing works properly.

You will be absolutely fine is you don't speak a single word of Thai in Phuket. The rest of Thailand no so much. lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

you mean broke alcoholics expats figuring out that Phuket is actually the most expensive part of Thailand.

Not all expats who don't live in Phuket are broke?

Just came back from the pub. Sorry.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Never had any problems as long as you play by the rules. Ofcourse my business doesn't involve girls or is in Patong.

I played by the rules.  No dodgy business and I was in north Phuket, not Patong!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Eibot said:

Elite, Education, volounteer. If he finds a girl; Mariage and if he has kids; dependent. 

Seems pretty straight forwards.

Daaaaamn Eibot, you are on fire LOL, I love just how straight forward and direct your answers are, sounds like a normal place to me now, some answers from other members made the place sound very sketchy and didn't align with a lot of the articles online of course Pre-COVID. appreciate all the advices, I took notes ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1