Bangkok Immigration - Important Announcement

22 minutes ago, Pib said:

@pontious

Can't seem to find the announcement.   Can you post the weblink to the announcement you posted?

I think it may of been posted on their Facebook page.

I looked on their new website and couldn't find it.

Edit: Found it on their Facebook page.

Edited by ubonjoe

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it may of been posted on their Facebook page.

I looked on their new website and couldn't find it.

Yes, it's on their Facebook page:

Announcement????????
Due to the current situation of the cornavirus epidemic has become more severe.
And there are many infected people.
To reduce congestion the risk of infection the Immigration Division 1
therefore ask for cooperation from those who will come to apply for permission stay in the Kingdom at
Chaengwatthana Government Center (J,L,M,N counter)
-Extension Visa ex Extension of Long stay for Non-Immigrant
Visa ex. NON-O, NON-B, NON-ED
- Retirement
- Visiting a spouse or children
- Having a spouse or children who are Thai
- Business
- Teacher /Student
- International organization /Foundation/Association
- Tourist Visa (TR-60), Tourist MT Visa
- Special Tourist Visa (STV)
to contact and submit an application to stay.
Before the expiration date not more than 3 days in advance only.
*****Starting from 20 July 2021****
Immigration Division 1 apologizes for any inconvenience if the situation improves.
We will notify you of the changes in the future.

• Like 2

Don't the realize that it would be more dangerous to delay as contagion will only become worse.?

They could solve it a bit by example open on saturday only for extensions and other individual days for different cases on different days......

3 DAYS before expiering shall result in many refusals for different logistic reasons and be lenient temporary on their demands ....

Thai Gov.on his best ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Pib said:

@pontious

Can't seem to find the announcement.   Can you post the weblink to the announcement you posted?

Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Bangkok-Immigration-กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง-1-กรุงเทพฯ-107493450791480

retweeted on twitter a bunch too.

Scads of comments, many in Thai.

Queue the lengthy discussions on the definition of "not more than three days prior".

Edited by mtls2005

I expect it also has to do with immigration office staffing levels as govt agencies are trying hard to shift as many people to work at home as possible and I have no doubt some staff members get COVID infected which puts them and other members out of action for around 14 days.   This reduces the immigration office's capability to handle X-amount of customers per day.

I fully expect HQ immigration as some point in the "near" future will issue a blanket extension of most/all long term extensions of stay....like saying any extension of stay due in Sept 2021 is automatically extended to 31 Oct 2021 or maybe extended by 30 days or maybe XYZ.    I expect this to happen unless the surging COVID numbers suddenly start to decrease which I don't think is going to happen over the next month  or so as the current infection rate is like a chain of dominos falling right now in the Greater Bangkok area.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

I expect it also has to do with immigration office staffing levels as govt agencies are trying hard to shift as many people to work at home as possible and I have no doubt some staff members get COVID infected which puts them and other members out of action for around 14 days.   This reduces the immigration office's capability to handle X-amount of customers per day.

I fully expect HQ immigration as some point in the "near" future will issue a blanket extension of most/all long term extensions of stay....like saying any extension of stay due in Sept 2021 is automatically extended to 31 Oct 2021 or maybe extended by 30 days or maybe XYZ.    I expect this to happen unless the surging COVID numbers suddenly start to decrease which I don't think is going to happen over the next month  or so as the current infection rate is like a chain of dominos falling right now in the Greater Bangkok area.

Unfortunately a 30 day extension is the scenario we're considering too. But I do wish it would be more than 30 days.  Need a couple of months to leave and get vaccinated in home country.

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

And how exactly is this supposed to stop overcrowding!

I think the idea is this:

1. Turn away those whose extensions expires 30-4 days ahead. This will reduce the crowding for a couple of weeks by pushing applications back.
  2. In about two weeks time, reintroduce the appointments system, and announce on the Facebook page that as from the next day only those with appointments will be serviced.
  3. Turn away everyone without appointments, even if their extension expires the same day.
  4. Restrict the number of applications for extensions that will be processed each day, using the appointments system to facilitate this limit.
  5. Blame foreigners for the increase in the number of people trying to extend their permissions to stay late.

This procedure will, indeed, reduce overcrowding and, from Immigration's point of view, will probably be viewed as defect free.

• Sad 1

Hey I got a Idea, get rid of all the nonsense, and do like Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, and most other countries.  NOT a Criminal, fine, pay your money and

get your stamp. No need for all the time spent doing BS paper work.

Of course this would mean many friends and relatives being out of work.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pib said:

That would only resulting  in " kicking the can further in the alley of uncertainty " ....

As i make shift all your options further postponed , example taking the permitted amount out of your 800K to max. until next ret. ...= When than ?? next ext date  , or those who planning to fly home to get at least there a vaccination , this go bust many peoples planning 

Edited by david555

13 minutes ago, rodknock said:

my extension of stay expires on aug.1 sunday.

so i need to go to cw on july 28, does that sound correct?

Yes but they are closed on the 28th for a holiday. Also closed on the 26th.

• Like 1

You know, the other day I got slammed on Reddit for telling this guy to get out of BKK. His tourist visa's running out, and he can't get an appt or whatever for CW. I said man, move out to Issan, I was in and out of my office in 30 mins. No other farangs. Man, you'd think I told him to change religions. Haha. But now look.

• Confused 1