Thailand reports 14,260 new COVID-19 cases, 119 more deaths

webfact

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The vaccine being provided at SCG supposedly is AZ. 

I tried to register for last Sunday. All spots booked despite being very early in trying to register. BTW I received rejection via email.

Also put my name down for SCG. Have heard nothing back. 

Yesterday pics were posted of queue at SCG. Best you don't look as you will skip your "appointment"

I know. It's very concerning. Coming in from Samut Sakhon. Still haven't received confimation SMS but I will be a little unhappy if having exposed myself to such a super spreader situation they run out of AZ. 

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

New high again on community cases and the 3 digit deaths from covid continues its upward trajectory.

The backlash continues against the governments response to the latest wave with WHO now also weighing in saying their reaction to the new variants was ill advised.

14,260 positive cases today with 655 of those from prisons, 119 deaths

Rolling 7 day average (up to 22nd July only) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 24 july.png

data 24 july 2.png

I think you'll soon need to upgrade your scales to go higher...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I know. It's very concerning. Coming in from Samut Sakhon. Still haven't received confimation SMS but I will be a little unhappy if having exposed myself to such a super spreader situation they run out of AZ. 

We all make our decisions based on what suits the individual.

Personally I'm going to sit it out in Bangkok and wait untill private hospitals have supply. Would accept AZ if push comes to shove.

Hoping Pfizer Moderna available early next year.

SCG pics look very scary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

AstraZeneca have written an “open letter” to Thailand to say they are producing as many vaccines as they can. They will also scour global supply chains to bring in more doses to the region. According to AZ 1 dose is 87 percent effective at preventing serious Delta infections.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1418766355449344004

ImageImage

Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No one really knows how effective Coronavac is against the Delta variant. It's a virtual certainty that it is less effective than the Western vaccines. That is what is known. However that does not mean it doesn't have a substantial beneficial effect. And as I have repeatedly pointed out, frontline healthcare workers face a far greater threat than do most others. So almost certainly, Coronavac will be more effective for the rest of us than it is for them. How effective? Not yet known.

Frontline workers obviously face a greater chance of becoming infected, but why should any vaccine be less effective for one infected (non-frontline) individual than another? The only factors to be considered are that person's reaction and/or the effectiveness of the particular vaccine administered.  

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That does seem to be hit and miss, and as I said I have great empathy to those who keep running into roadblocks.  I can not get my GF vaccinated for the life of me either, so I do understand it completely.  You seem to have taken what I have written out of context, and only included your view of what it meant, if your going to quote me use the whole quote which I provided below.

23 minutes ago, worrab said:

If you live in Bangkok, surrounding areas or sandboxes then you may well be right. But for those of us out in the sticks, no bloody chance despite the "supposed powers that be" saying otherwise!!

What worrab said.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another nurse dies of covid today

#RIP Nurse Praephat, frontline infected with coronavirus, dies Professional friends flock to mourn the nurse "Praphat Thanyawat Taweesuk", a registered nurse. Kasemrad Hospital Bang Khae died today after contracting coronavirus from work. by acting as an officer at the COVID testing point

https://twitter.com/TheBoss_No7/status/1418708458073849857

Some netizens also criticised the Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council and related institutions for not giving medics better support, saying they should be compensated on par with military and police personnel.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003707

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Department head predicts Covid-19 could last up to another year

Depending on the actions the government and the people of Thailand take, the Director-General of the Department of Medical Services predicts Covid-19 could continue for just a few months or drag on for another year. Director-General Somsak Ankasil asserted that declaration in a recorded video message this week made to thank the medical officials across the nation.

translation: "I have no idea how this will play out"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Critics of Sinovac here have pointed at Chile as an example of the deficiencies of the Chinese vaccine, citing increasing cases despite high levels of vaccination.

You don’t hear about Chile anymore, because new infections are way down, as vaccination increases.

Chile deaths have actually gone UP since starting Chinese vaccine use - simple look at the Worldometer chart shows that. Deaths count , not infections

27 minutes ago, mancub said:

Frontline workers obviously face a greater chance of becoming infected, but why should any vaccine be less effective for one infected (non-frontline) individual than another? The only factors to be considered are that person's reaction and/or the effectiveness of the particular vaccine administered.  

I don't understand your question. I was pointing out that Frontline workers face a greater threat both of being infected and getting ill than do most other people.

• Like 1

Just now, RichardColeman said:

Chile deaths have actually gone UP since starting Chinese vaccine use - simple look at the Worldometer chart shows that. Deaths count , not infections

Well, of course total deaths have gone up. You think they are going to decline? How could that be ounless Jesus is currently resurrecting Chileans? It's the daily death toll that counts.

image.png.18753d867e0f9422abc30190feb4396e.png

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/chile

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Those are the total number of deaths , rather than a daily count , so even one death will make the total rise

Now scientist's think that need over 90% people to be vaccinated before reach herd immunity.

Just need watch UK and Israel situation where over 60% from citizen's has get both jab's still infections are increasing coz delta variant!

Edited by 2 is 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

This is what happens when there is low vaccination AND restrictions are lifted:

Florida has half the population of Thailand, but almost the same number of infections. Note that the vast majority of cases are unvaccinated.

I hope that the Anti-Vaxxers and anti-lockdown types look at these numbers.

8CF2C908-E9E2-444B-A645-D1B0D213ADB9.jpeg

Again, vaccinated or no, you CANNOT compare numbers of a first world healthcare system with a developing one that is incompetent and more concerned with face.  

4 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Now scientist's think that need over 90% people to be vaccinated before reach herd immunity.

Just need watch UK and Israel situation where over 60% from citizen's has get both jab's still infections are increasing coz delta variant!

Vaccines do not prevent you from catching covid.   It is expected that people who have been vaccinated will catch the virus.   The point of having a vaccine is to reduce the possibility of becoming seriously ill from covid.   The vaccines are not 100% effective so it is expected that not only will people still catch the virus, but it is also expected that people will still die from the virus, but at much lower rate than would have done without the vaccines.

I'd recommend repeating the above sentences as many times to yourself as necessary until the shock and surprise no longer occurs when you see media headlines that involve the words "double vaccinated person has caught corona virus" or "infections increasing despite <insert population percentage here> of people being double vaccinated!".   

• Like 1

Of the 13,593 local cases, the highest numbers were 2,745 in Bangkok followed by 1,054 in Samut Sakhon, 908 in Samut Prakan, 663 in Nonthaburi and 662 in Chonburi. #โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1418820912669872129

13 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

It also depends on how effective the vaccines are, the lower efficacy ones such as Sinovac need a larger proportion of people to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity

• Like 1